What do you think about Skyward Sword?

• Thread starter EstebanTill2
  • Start date
EstebanTill2

EstebanTill2

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
I have been reading quite a lot of posts here but I don't recall reading something about this one. what do you think about it? have you played the game? Would you play this game=?

I wanted to play it but I keep on reading the bad rep associated with the game. "Highschool Simulator with a Legend of Zelda theme" lol

Well I am currently playing through it but so far it is really good. The bad thing was I had to wait a while to play it. I got it for Christmas but I didn't have wii motion + so I bought one but it came from Singapore so I had to wait a month for it. It is really fun though, I like the motion concept and even though you can do precise strikes I just seem to randomly swing the wii remote during combat. Also I hate FI from the game. Why does she has the need to tell me exactly what someone just said?

hahaha that's right she always tells you what to do, but i didn't consider it a pain haha What really caused me headaches was the annoncement of teh low batteries, oh gosh I did hate it

Though I didn't play it yet , I think it really really looks very fun ! It's amazing to use the motion control and I would really like to play it but it seems I don't have a Wii ... Imagine they made a remake for the Wii U XD . That would be really weird or would it ? Anyways , I wish soon that I could play this game someday because it looks very amazing and I love the story too ! :)

I have played Skyward Sword before, and I can say that one of the main influences towards buying my Wii was this game, Skyward Sword. This game is honestly really worth the money. Controls are great, storyline is memorable, and it spices up mechanics a bit. The world is also really beautiful. My favourite part about Skyward Sword are the boss fights; they are really fun and I've been doing the Thunder Dragon rush multiple times.

Reactions: 3823
It was great, I really like those birds!

Skyward sword was AMAZING! Arguably the best Zelda game ever! Some people go as far as saying it is the best game ever! If you have a wii and a wii motion plus but not Skyward sword you are crazy, it is that good! The motion controls worked perfectly for me, it made each enemy feel like a fun battle instead of a button spamming exercise. I loved the dungeons and the bosses. And the story... The story was one of the best parts about the game, the story was so deep and interesting, and it makes you actually care about Zelda. The areas were unique and were a challenging puzzle before getting to the dungeons. I have to admit though, Fi constantly telling you that your health is low or your battery is low is annoying and the silent realms were stressful but I really liked Fi other than that. So if you don't have skyward sword, I recommend you buy it.

It was a good Zelda game, but it is not my favorite. Fi is the worst Companion in Zelda history. When you are low on hearts, you usually notice the blinking on the screen. If you still don`t notice it, you got an anoying "bleep" sound that repeats itself whenever you are low on hearts. You can`t miss that. And then, Fi comes in and says: Master, you are running low on Health blah blah blah. Oh really?

Reactions: 3823
I have tried playing through it twice at this point, and I'm having a very, very hard time getting into it. I don't know, there just seems to be too much of a disconnect between my actions and what is actually happening on screen (at least as far as combat goes). It isn't necessarily a bad game, I'm just not a big fan, especially compared to other Zelda games. Plus I think that Fi is the worst Zelda companion ever.

I really liked it, but I hated the final battle, because the controller messed up all the time, resulting in my death. It messed up often otherwis as well, but those were "only" annoying, not frustrating.

Against a bit of unpopular belief I enjoyed Skyward Sword and loved its art style! It was something new and fresh with a fairly large open world, it was one of the first games I ever preordered, and believe me, I'm glad I did!

i enjoyed it its not the best zelda but its not the worst zelda i had fun

Most people I know who disliked it didn't get very far because they simply dislike motion controls

Personally i liked it since I prefer games that have me actively thinking sitting up engaged with the game opposed to gouching out on the sofa like my brothers

My opinion?

TLDR: Not a big fan. Only play it if your a completionist for the zelda games.

Full length: Ehh, it's not great. The hardest part is the opening few chapters. Not because it's difficult, but because it's tedious and often boring. So many tutorial, fetch quest, and triathlons, it takes so long to get to anything interesting, and even then, the first temple's boss is a bit of a let down. There is so much platforming for a zelda game, and It's bogged down even more by adding a stamina gauge. A STAMINA GAUGE! I mean, I like Dark Souls, Monster Hunter, even Shadow of the Colossus, but who thought a Stamina Gauge was a good fit for Zelda? It's not implemented very well, and again only serves to slowdown gameplay.
The story and art style are pretty good. Story is better than Ocarina, and the GBA games, but still loses to Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, WindWaker, and even A Link Between Worlds. Art is second only to Wind Waker. So amazingly pretty. Fi sucks. She's Navi, but somehow even more annoying. She has a few useful tips here and there, but she is shockingly worse than the beeping sound at low health in a Link to the Past, and the original Zelda. It actually takes you out of the game sometimes, and she will actually break the immersion caused by the pretty art, to tell you you need to change your batteries, or that you health is low. And character wise, she still doesn't even hold a candle to either Midna and Tatl.
The motion controls are pretty give and take. There are a few cool things, and a few bad things, overall I dislike them, but they're not as bad as they could be. Fairly serviceable, but I definitely don't want them in Zelda wii U. And I guess my last big complaint is that They reuse the same boss too many times. It was kinda cool the first time, but they probably should have saved it until way later.

They reuse the same boss too many times. It was kinda cool the first time, but they probably should have saved it until way later.
Just curious to how using one Boss 3 times
4 times if you count Demise as the Imprisioned is Demise before resurrected
(somewhat different each time) was too many when it was a major point in the story

most creative zelda game ever, but really lacks the controls.

My opinion?

Fi sucks. She's Navi, but somehow even more annoying

i like fi :(

My opinion?
The motion controls are pretty give and take. .
I really liked the motion controls. Everything worked perfectly for me and it enhanced the combat. Button mashing is a bit boring in my opinion. However I can see how swinging the wii remote can be frustrating and annoying for some people.

Back