What do you think Pokemon Ultra Moon/Sun's story will be about?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon have been announced for the Nintendo 3DS and the game will have a different story to the original Sun and Moon games although it will be told in the same world.

What do you guys think the story will be about?

Do you think we'll have to fight through the trials like we did in Sun/Moon?

Maybe Lillie will come back and we won't be stuck with Hau. But what do I know. :p

Reactions: Mikaya
I think there could be a gym option at the start of the game, and they would give you a z crystal instead of a tm, but then there might be too many gyms. What if the story is a prequel, and tells the role of before sun and moon? Jk.

Well based on the appearence of Solgaleo and Lunala, maybe Burnet or Kukui discovered the interesting reaction Necrozma shares with the other two Legendaries while you tour a new set of island challenges. (I don't think Lillie will return in this, she's busy becoming a poketrainer in Kanto. That, and she's looking after Lusamine.)

Well based on the appearence of Solgaleo and Lunala, maybe Burnet or Kukui discovered the interesting reaction Necrozma shares with the other two Legendaries while you tour a new set of island challenges. (I don't think Lillie will return in this, she's busy becoming a poketrainer in Kanto. That, and she's looking after Lusamine.)
I'm surprised to have not noticed it before, but the armor the two wear in their images is definitely Necrozma; they're wearing Necrozma to make a new form. It's probably a fusion, like Kyurem's, but will be likened more to donning an armor.

Whatever happens with the plot, I hope it stays fresh, SuMo had the most original plot of any Pkmn game I'd seen, I hope whatever comes next trumps this, and most of all, I hope we lose the concept of moronic team bad guys forever.

Maybe we will get super op prism armor shadow shield ability fusion :D

Necrozma is the Prism Pokemon. What do prisms do? They refract light into it's individual components (rainbows). Solgaleo (the Sun) gives off light and Lunala (the Moon) reflects the Sun's light, anyway the point is Necrozma may play a distorting, corrupting or amplifying role to Solgaleo and Lunala respectively.

Reactions: Mr. Kream
Well we were told it had a similar story so maybe the only difference is the Solgeleo and Lunala are fused with Necrozma but we were told Marshadow would be a Mystery Gift Pokemon but since you won't get Necrozma then maybe it will be Marshadow.But I hope that it's not exactly the same I hope it's more of a sequel instead of a remake and I hope that Lillie will come back too.

Maybe you will start off in Alola again fresh and you will be given 3 starters to choose from and if Lillie is not in this game then you won't have to save Nebby Solgaleo/Lunala and hopefully instead of trials its something related to pokemon gyms it would be cool if you got Z-crystals as badges and no trials and you will be introduced to Kukui and maybe he might be more muscular or the same and professor Burnet with a new style and hopefully Kukui can spend more time with his wife and not in the Pokémon League :D:facepalm: and what if Colress is more involved with the game because he did help Team Plasma when Black and White 2 came out and was bad what if he teams up with Faba and Guzma making Solgaleo and Lunala fuse with Necrozma. The islands will be remade hopefully with new stuff and there will be more ride pager pokemon hopefully Festival Plaza might turn into the PSS or something also hopefully there is a new champion instead of Professor Kukui and hopefully Hau isn't annoying like he was in Pokémon Sun and Moon and is more brave.

DISClAIMER: This post contains spoilers for the plot of Sun and Moon. If for reason you have not played it or are not super far yet, do NOT read this post. (This would just be easier then marking the whole post as a spoiler)

I think Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will be extremely similar to the way platinum and emerald worked. The plot will be basically the same I think up to around the legendary Pokemon. So we know from the box art and the clips of solgaleo and lunala that they somehow merge with necrozma. My guess would be that this would occur after your first battle with Lusamine where Cosmog turns into Cosmoniam. I think there he will somehow get necrozma's cells or something and then when cosmoniam turns into solgaleo/lunala they will be fully merged together. Or it will be like black 2 and white 2 where lusamine will try to fuse them together for more power. But before and after that point I think the game will basically be the same. However I have a feeling they will add some more content afterwards like how they added the Delta episode in ORAS.

I think it will be a prequel, since everything looks different, and a lot of the charecters who used to have trials or be trial leaders will become them. An acutaul fairy trial. A steel trial instead of a eletric one (Molyane as the trial capitan).
And since Ryuki appears in the trailer could he be the dragon type capitan?

Yeah, I don’t think I’m able to reply to this. :p

I still don’t know the story for either of the games, so Oof. I’ve been dun goofed! :p

Reactions: Danominator
Back