What do you want for the Switch Virtual Console

• Thread starter Ethendor
  • Start date
Ethendor

Ethendor

The PK-Fire spammer
Towns Folk
What would you want for Switch Virtual Console it can be new features or games as for a lot of people they want GameCube virtual console and I agree with them that would be great with being able to play Mario Sunshine and the original Luigi's Mansion on the go. The games I want personally are all stretches but I would love to see on virtual console. The first one I want is Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green on the GBA not the originals but the remakes that I grew up with as in my opinion the original red and blue are ugly especially since super game boy mode isn't an option. The second one I want is never going to happen but I want Spongebob battle for bikini bottom for the GameCube the game is really fun 3D platformer and I would like the ability to play it on the go. I also want all the Starfy games including the Japanese ones to be one the eshop and maybe localizedm Also as a new feature I would like super gameboy mode to be in so we can play games like pokemon red and kirby dream land two in color.

I never had a wii or wii u, so the games that i would want on the virual console most likely are already on the wii u one. mainly like snes games. like super metroid, super mario world, donkey kong country, and maybe castlevania IV. heck all the nes/snes/gba castlevania games would be fine with me. i know i heard rumors about mario sunshine and luigis mansion, which would be cool as well. i never got to play Luigi's mansion, so i would pick that one up and give it a go.

I would personally love the pikmin games on there and Luigi's mansion would be great too. I missed playing a lot of brilliant titles on past systems and to not only play those games but play them portably! Well, it would be a dream come true.

NES games.
SNES games
N64 Games with controller mapping options
Gamecube games with GCN controller support
Wii games (I think they could possibly map the wiimote controls over to the joy-cons but it could be tricky.)
Wii U games would be pretty difficult. I think they should just physically port games over like they have with mario kart 8. Super mario 3d world and Mario maker should get a port.

Gameboy games should be supported
Gameboy Advance
Nintendo DS games could be possible on the switch i think, but only in handheld mode.

I also think they could add support for sega consoles

Make every single game published on older consoles by Nintendo available. I don't give a crap about the handful of so-called classics they force down our throats every time. I want to play Demikids. Give us a chance to enjoy more obscure releases Reggie.

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
I don´t see the point of wanting a Virtual Console, even on the wii u or my 3ds, but it must be because I am lucky enough to have several nintendo systems. I was just Reading some people´s comments that they never have a wii nor a wii u, and that just makes sense. I mean, they are missing a great deal of games on previous consoles. Personally, the virtual console does not make a difference.

One thing I hate I forgot to mention is that why aren't games like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6 not on wii u virtual console but is on wii virtual console why can't they port that over also why does it take so long to put games on the virtual console when it is just emulation

Well, aside from the already released (or soon to be released) titles. I would love a brand new Paper Mario game. Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door is my favourite game of all time and I personally wouldn't mind a remake of it or the original off the N64 for that matter. Basically, a new Paper Mario game to the series or a remake. Other than that, maybe a new Final Fantasy game for the Switch because I love my RPGs and Final Fantasy is quite up there in the rankings for me as well.

The games I want the most are:
Second generation Pokemon games (just like how they did with the first generation)
Super Mario Sunshine
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (even though it's unlikely because of the HD version on Wii U)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (unlikely because it has an HD version on Wii U and also because it's also on the Wii)
Luigi's Mansion
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Some GBA games
Some SNES games (even if some exist on the 3ds)

What I'd like but know is impossible is: Rune Factory 5!! (I'm really happy with 4; it's just a dream~)

Also, most of the Mario Party games (like 2 and 3)
Super Princess Peach 2: Perry in Peril
Some Bizarrely Fun Pinball Game I've Never Seen Before (pinball is one of the best games ever, amiright? :cat:)

And of course, the obligatory Mario Kart game. >w<
...I also wish I had friends to play it with... :cry:

EDIT: whoops; I thought we were naming future games we wanted to see made... >w<"

Last edited:
I would love to see Gamecube games finally make it onto the Switch's VC, as even the WiiU didn't have them. It would be nice to finally have a way to play SSBM on a non-CRT TV with no input lag. I would also like to see some Japanese GBA games (specifically the original Starfy games) on the VC as well, now that there is no region locking.

Back