What do you want from Nintendo in 2018?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
2018 is a new year and I'm sure Nintendo has a lot of stuff in store for us. I'm wondering what you want from them this year from games to accessories to the great beyond :D

Here's my list :

- A LOT MORE third-party game support (maybe Nintendo can further encourage third-party developers)
- Delayed paid online subscription (hopefully the fall 2018 delay wasn't a typo)
- GBA / DS virtual console on the Nintendo Switch
- Animal Crossing Switch and Smash Switch :D

What's yours? ^-^

Reactions: Samster
I just want their online to not be the worst shiz ever. I don't think I had a single game for the past few days in splatoon 2 where at least one team didn't have a dropped player.Not because of their internet, but because of Nintendo's crap servers. GET IT TOGETHER NINTENDO!!!

And, before you ask, no. No, I am completely not salty. Not in the least...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have my personal list of what I want from Nintendo in 2018.
  • This may be a wishful thinking, but I hope Switch will have some price drop anytime soon. Still too expensive to get atm :(
  • I want more varieties of sports games. Even though games like Golf Story, NBA 2K and FIFA already made it to the Switch, at times I wish others like Pro Evolution Soccer and Power Pro Yakyuu (a baseball game) to make the list as well.
  • Switch needs to get more third-party support. Period.
  • For Nintendo games, I would want Smash Bros. and PokéPark on the Switch. And probs some port of Wii Sports too.
  • For third-party games, besides from sports titles I mentioned earlier, I also wanted some Digimon, Disney Magical World, Aikatsu! and Yu-Gi-Oh! games as well.

I just want their online to not be the worst shiz ever. I don't think I had a single game for the past few days in splatoon 2 where at least one team didn't have a dropped player.Not because of their internet, but because of Nintendo's crap servers. GET IT TOGETHER NINTENDO!!!

And, before you ask, no. No, I am completely not salty. Not in the least...
This. Started playing it (if anybody noticed my status update) not too long ago, and it's awful. Whether it's Ranked, Regular or even in Salmon Run, I can almost count on my hands the number of times where I had a game with all the players being active.

So, in a list form, this is what I'd like, but not expect from Nintendo in 2018:
  • Better online for Splatoon 2. It has flaws, debated almost everywhere on the Internet, and no one pays attention.
  • Virtual Console. Big bonus if we get GameCube VC, because considering the VC binaries for the 3DS & Wii U were "emulators" with just the patches for the game they were meant to run, they could largely do GameCube emulation on Switch. Also, did I mention Dolphin can run on the Nvidia Shield, which also has a Tegra X1 chip ?
  • Maybe some more details about 3rd party titles. For now, I'm mostly intrigued by the Taiko no Tatsujin title Bamco has in store for the Switch, but just like @Starry Windy, I wouldn't mind a Digimon title on the Switch. While Decode didn't sell well (duh, they didn't localize it despite being good, and it's the expansion of a PSP game) and Appmon bombed (2nd duh, they released it near Pokémon, what did they expect), if they plan better their stuff, it could work. And if they are so scared of it being a flop, make it a cross-platform.
  • Xenoblade X port. I think there was somebody at Monolith Soft who said that he was interested in porting it to the Switch, and considering the Wii U had a "port" of Xenoblade thanks to the Wii VC / Wii BC, why not? Just make the online part a tiny bit more polished and more interesting (not just braindead farming Yggralith Zero / Telethia Plume with a broken equipment), and it would work.
  • Monster Hunter XX localization, but I guess it's dead, especially with World coming soon.
  • Actual, built-in web browser you can access from the HOME Menu. I know that the 3DS and the Wii U might have scared Nintendo, because they ended up being used for exploits/hacks, but, it's still a crucial feature nowadays.
That's roughly all I'd like for 2018. It's a lot and I know that, but, with a great console comes great responsibilities.

Reactions: TribstyAnn
An uppdate that remove region lock

I means who still has region lock wtf

Reactions: D4rkDragon and TribstyAnn
Better home UI feels too empty they can update it just like they did for the 3ds

Revival of any kind

More joy con colors

Themes, beside black and white(like the 3ds ones)

Smash Bros next game at least be announced

New Zelda game info possibly

Traditional new super Mario game for the switch

-Release an Update that removes the Miiverse Icon for the 3DS and Wii U. It's been shut down so the icon on the home screen is more of a headstone now.
-A 3D remake of Final Fantasy VI with voice actors and cutscenes a la DS versions of FFIII and IV (never gonna happen, but it's fun to think of the results)

Meh, that's about it atm, I honestly have never thought of that question before.

-Release an Update that removes the Miiverse Icon for the 3DS and Wii U. It's been shut down so the icon on the home screen is more of a headstone now.

Let's be honest though, the Wii U is dead and buried, and the 3ds is on it's way out. Does it really matter?

More 3ds games!

I think nintendo has the potential to beat 2018 as it beat 2017, this time around, I would love nintendo to keep releasing first party stuff that blows our minds like: . new luigi´s mansión game; . the reléase of pokemon switch; . a Brand new donkey Kong game (at least the announcement of it); . a Brand new Star fox game; . Brand new ips.
As in terms of third party support, I think it is quite cool nintendo gets them, but here I disagree with some of you people, it is not nintendo the one in charge of looking for that support now, because developers have already seen how the switch is doing, so it is them the ones who must convince nintendo to launch their games on the platform. Here I would love to see red dead redemption 2 (I know it sound crazy).
For the online service, I hope they deliver up to the expectations and even more.
I want to get some good stuff from my nintendo gold points as well, so I hope they are generous with that program as well.

2018 is a new year and I'm sure Nintendo has a lot of stuff in store for us. I'm wondering what you want from them this year from games to accessories to the great beyond :D

Here's my list :

- A LOT MORE third-party game support (maybe Nintendo can further encourage third-party developers)
- Delayed paid online subscription (hopefully the fall 2018 delay wasn't a typo)
- GBA / DS virtual console on the Nintendo Switch
- Animal Crossing Switch and Smash Switch :D

What's yours? ^-^
Here's what I want
1.More animal crossing
2.more free restore games
3.ways to earn points on 3ds to redeem for codes or games
4.a new console like always
5.social mario

Only for the switch pokemon game to be the best pokemon game to the date.

Back