What games would be perfect for Switch VR?

• Thread starter VirtulJordan
  • Start date
VirtulJordan

VirtulJordan

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
It's no secret that Nintendo has been interested in the idea of Virtual Reality, Seeing as they have been messing with the idea since the 90's. The only thing holding Nintendo back is how they feel that VR just isn't "There" yet, and that's no lie. So far we have seen some good VR titles, but it still feels like VR has a long ways to go. But with how revolutionary Nintendo tries to be with systems like the Wii and its motion controls to the 3DS and its 3D gaming, what are we to expect when Nintendo tries their luck with VR once more?

Well just recently we got footage of a new VR Mario Kart arcade game in Japan, and it looks really good. Showing that games like Mario Kart and F Zero could work in VR. When you think about it Punch Out would be another series that would perfectly fit VR, especially at how the camera is positioned in the game. Metroid Prime would be another perfect fit game for VR with its 1st person view and the Samus Helmet Hud.

Now First Person games aside, what about 2D games? Normally 2D games wouldn't seem very fit for VR, however Nintendo previous project, the Virtual Boy, had some 2D games on it, 1 starring Wario. So 2D games could still work in VR, whether they are just normal games, or if the VR has some Gimmick use for the games.

Now with the rumor of the Nintendo Switch getting a VR attachment, this is definitely the time to be thinking about the future of Nintendo in VR. So with all of that out of the way, what Nintendo series would you like to see in VR, and how would you like it done?

Well I just think having Nintendo and VR is just the right fit.Like you said Nintendo could make some good games.They have Minecraft on the Switch and they just recently made Minecraft VR so if they could make VR for the switch then they would probably be selling over double of what there are now.I also so someone made Super Mario VR and it looks amazing.And heck remember Wii Sports if the switch could have VR they could make another title called Switch Sports or S.S. For short.But in the end if Nintendo got VR it would be pretty cool to see.

I believe VR is in Nintendo's future, and sooner than expected, but not with the Switch. The Switch only has a 720 pixel screen, which is pretty low for VR. If they release an upgraded Switch with at least a 1080p screen, if not more, I can see VR being limited to that edition of the Switch. This is the most likely Switch VR scenario to me, and it could happen in 3-5 years at the minimum.

If they do make Switch VR though, I'd love to see Metroid. That would be my most wanted VR game (besides Mario Kart, which would just be fun.) Animal Crossing could also be a more relaxing VR game, if you want to live in a scenic and relaxing version of real life I guess.

I would like to see a First Person Zelda VR, but I'm not sure how it would work. It'd be interesting to find out, and I would be totally game to try it.

Back