What has anime taught you?

• Thread starter Link-182
  • Start date
Link-182

Link-182

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
Oka, if you see any typos, Google Chrome's been crashing on my iPad for no reason, so I'm trying to type as fast as I can. Anyway, here we go.
Death Note taught me that absolute power corrupts absolutely. That when you try to get revenge, you could end up being worse than your own target. You end up becoming exactly what you hated.
Fullmetal Alchemist taught me that family is always important. That an older sibling should always do whatever they can to protect their younger sibling.
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya taught me that there's always excitement in this world, you just have to look for it.
Neon Genesis Evangelion taught me that we all have a purpose in life.
One Piece taught me that if you want to get far in life, no matter what the difficulties are, you gotta power through. And always do your best to defend your friends, especially your closest ones, and work together as a team.

Neon Genesis Evangelion taught me that our world may not be an ideal world but it's one that truly exist and everyone ultimately needs to be able to find happiness in reality, being alone means you cannot be hurt, but being alone also means you can't feel love.

• Friends are important (Shakugan no Shana, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
  • The bridge between friendship and romantic love, if you take it, is a long, frustrating one. Try three seasons. (Shakugan no Shana)
  • All guys are annoyingly grunty klutzes and all girls are annoyingly high-pitched klutzes (every other anime ever)
  • Except for a couple of people, who will either be quiet, studious and the smartest of the lot, or just Mr. Perfect (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
  • The guy never gets the girl because he's too noble to hurt the other girls' feelings or something. Maybe just because he's too much of a coward to make a move. (Every harem anime ever)
  • Don't get mixed up in mysterious happenings if you're in a tight-knit small town (Higurashi: When They Cry)
  • Do get mixed up in mysterious happenings to make life worth living (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
  • 'Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!' (Shakugan no Shana) :p

Anime overall has taught me to put off homework till the last minute to watch the latest episodes ^^
(It's stressful trying to get homework done but there's no way I'm letting go of anime!)
  • Never leave your friends behind and always protect them, otherwise you'll be a short, hygenic 35-year-old who hangs out with 15-year-olds and makes poop jokes. (Shingeki no Kyojin)
  • Don't date, just, don't. (Tokyo Ghoul)
  • To prevent breaking people's hearts in a harem, just family-zone everyone. (Owari no Seraph)
  • You can defeat any opponent by making a speech about friendship then unlocking your true potential. (Fairy Tail)
(I tried to think of funny morals xD)

Reactions: 18
Let's see

Death Note- Be nice to everyone, never get on anyone's bad side, always lie about your name because you don't know who owns a little black book.
Naruto- Never give up on your dreams, there will always be people out there who laugh and kick you down and say you can't do this or that because of this or that. Because no matter of where you come from no matter who you are you will always be great and remembered in the end.
Hetalia- No matter what country you're from we're all the same and we all are the same. Not to mention it promotes world peace.
Fullmetal Alchemist- Family, you do anything for even if it means losing your body, or an arm and a leg, or facing your sins.
Attack on Titan- Spend every moment with those you cherish because they can be gone in a blink of an eye. The choices you make you never know the outcome of so always try to make the right choice.
Last but not least (I seen too many anime but this one is always a favorite of mine)
XXX Holic- When something happens it happens for a reason, there is no such thing as coincidence only the inevitable.

respect for the main male protagonist is gauged based on how they react to the perverse situations they find themselves in on a daily basis. If a girl makes you a meal out of love, you have to eat it. No matter how disgusting it looks. Even if it makes you cry blood. chibi makes anything cute. \o/

Reactions: 18
Higurashi- Murdering your friends is usually the solution to all your problems, and it's ok to kill as many people as needed as long as it's in the name of friendship
Sword Art Online- A bad relation is like this show. Sure, season 1 starts off decently. But by season 2, stuff just starts getting freaky, especially if it's between you an your sister .-.
Deadman Wonderland- The best way to get your point across is by terrorism
Danganronpa- If a murder happened, blame it on the hottest character. And get used to the jerks in the group, I guarantee they'll be the only ones who survive
Genshiken- Reading sexy manga is best done with friends
Death Note- You can make anything seem cool, even eating potato chips
Another- If an accidental murder happens, it's most likely a curse. Don't question it. Just shun the new kid, it'll probably work. Oh, wait it didn't? Well crap...
Squid Girl- It's ok to rip off other popular anime like Sgt. Frog, as long as the cast is replaced with hotties
Welcome to the NHK- Life sucks, and everything you do is ultimately pointless because one day, we will die cold and alone. Also, it's ok to stalk someone for a few years as long as you're suicidal.
Attack on Titan- It's not incest if your sister is adopted, lucky you!
Death Parade- All horror shows about how awful humans are must have a catchy intro that has literally nothing to do with the actual show. I mean seriously, listen to it!
Future Diaries- Don't worry if your girlfriend is a stalker, who drugs you and kidnaps you, and forces you to kill. It's all for love...right? Right?!?!
Code Geauss- Mecha fights make everything cooler. EVERYTHING *^*

Annnnd I just realized how long this is, so I'll stop here.

Reactions: Moon Rain
Sakurasou no pet na kanajo- taught me don't work hard onlythose with talent can do stuff

Sorry for bumping this thread, but here's more! XD
This anime has always been the most well-structured, in my opinion. Some life lessons:
1. No matter what, always look out for your younger brother.
2. Whether or not you realize it, your brother really cares about you.
3. When you lose someone close to you, you still can't give up.
4. Make the right choices because you could seriously screw up your life.
5. Sometimes, we must lose something in order to gain something greater.
And that's all for now.
[SPOILER="One Piece]]
1. Just like Luffy and Coby, two people can have totally different beliefs and still be great friends.
2. No matter what, work hard to achieve your goal. Success doesn't happen overnight.
3. Meat is AMAZING.
4. Always spend as much time as you can with your loved ones, because one day, they could be gone.
5. Being friendzoned isn't the worst thing. Also, you need your hands to cook, so FIGHT WITH YOUR FEET! XD
6. Sometimes, you can take your most painstaking adventures and make an amazing story out of it.
7. We all have something to live for. We always have a friend by our side. So no matter what anyone tells you, you're not worthless.
8. Cola is awesome! Oh, and you can become great friends with someone who was once your enemy.
9. Skeletons are weird sometimes. And music is awesome. XD
10. In order to truly win the fight, you must save your enemy.
[/SPOILER]

Hmm...
  • Gungrave taught me about the importance of family. (In Grave's case, a mafia family.)
  • Trigun taught me that it's okay if you make mistakes, so long as you learn from them.
  • Gunsword taught me that once you set upon an adventure, you must see it through.
  • Ninja sword (motion picture) taught me that we are invariably pulled into dealing with the topics before us.
  • Digimon taught me that you can't take shortcuts to succeed. (Then again, anyone would learn that pretty quickly after seeing Tai's Agumon turn into a skeleton Wargraymon.)

devil man crybaby taught me that humans are the most cruel thing
school days as taught me to never date more than one girl just to be with another one

Sword art online taught me to tell people to just watch the first ark( first half of the first season) the story is so much better that way.
ERASED taught me the importance of being friendly. Everyone became great friends, and it was mainly just because people put effort into becoming friends. Its not about the kind of things you like, its about sharing life together.
Re-life taught me dying multiple times sucks.

Nikoise gave me the idea to run with toast in my mouth when in a hurry.
Gungrave taught me never to betray a friendship, and not to let your friends get too far in the dirt.
Cowboy bebop taught me to never let the main character of a show with guns and some high tech stuff go fight his equal in combat. Seriously, how these anime's end is like a genre in itself, because so many of them have the same end.

SAO taught me that people are better off waiting for reviews of a game instead of buying it day 1 (not joking, this has happened to several of my games which I don't play)

Toradora taught me that even everybody needs a companion now and then, and although they might not show it at first, want to be close to somebody

A silent voice taught me that we should help one another out especially in times of need like the girl Nishimiya experienced.

Japanese and culture.

I learned about the Porcupine theory from Neon Genesis Evangelion that goes along the lines of the closer you get to someone emotionally the more pain you feel or the more unapproachable they are.
Death Note taught me to be one step ahead of your opponent and no one deserves to die early.
And Clannad taught me no matter how far away something is it will always find it's receiver.

My Hero Academia taught me that not everyone is created equal. You kinda learn that in the very first episode. Not everyone has a quirk, only 80% of the population do.

However, it also taught me to never give up on you goals, as even though Midoriya didn’t have a quirk, he stuck it out until All Might gives him his.

Back