What is the first game is should when i get a Switch

• Thread starter Farhaan Raja
  • Start date
Farhaan Raja

Farhaan Raja

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
My Birthday's coming up, and i wanna get a Nintendo Switch.
But, because the games are expensive, i can't really get a lot.

So when i get one, what games should i get on it?

Note: I've never played a Wii U, and thus have never played the games ported to switch (mario kart 8, BOTW, Hyrule Warriors etc)

Also, please don't suggest games that are also on 3ds (shovel knight (which i've beaten) and blaster master zero), since i can already get them at a cheaper price.

The games i really want to get are
Mario Kart 8 DX
Breath of the Wild
Hyrule Warriors DE (not out yet)
Mario Odyssey
Monster Hunter Double-Cross (I don't mind playing in Japanese)
Terraria and/or Minccraft

So, i can only get one of them. But which one?

I own a switch, ez, breath of the wild.

I own a switch, ez, breath of the wild.

Yeah, I know, but I'm kinda leaning towards a game with multiplayer seeing as i have three siblings; making mk8 DX really tempting.

Reactions: Marc
I would say Breath of the Wild but since you lean towards a multiplayer game I would say Hyrule Warriors DE since it looked to me like it had 4 player in the trailer or something similar but don't count me on that, Mario Kart 8 DX and Minecraft is also good choices.

Reactions: Farhaan Raja
I would say Breath of the Wild but since you lean towards a multiplayer game I would say Hyrule Warriors DE since it looked to me like it had 4 player in the trailer or something similar but don't count me on that, Mario Kart 8 DX and Minecraft is also good choices.

Yeah Minecraft sounds pretty good. I haven't played it since 2016, but now mobile can play with switch and PC, so thats good.

Reactions: V_Weeb
How come Splatoon 2 isn't on that list? </3

How come Splatoon 2 isn't on that list? </3

I really hate the sound of the map rotation system, and the way certain maps or gamemodes are available at certain times; it just wouldn't work for me, especially if my favourite gamemode was available on a *shudder* Monday

Plus, I'm not really into shooter games, the only one i've sunk 12+ hours into being Team Fortress 2

Reactions: Arshan and Marc
Get Mario Odyssey it’s a great game and you will have lots of fun with it. Zelda is also not a bad choice

Reactions: Farhaan Raja and V_Weeb
Get Mario Odyssey it’s a great game and you will have lots of fun with it. Zelda is also not a bad choice

I love mario... a lot (Galaxy 2 is one of the best games I've ever played) but I don't feel like immediately getting odyssey.

You should check out Xenoblade 2 imo.

You should check out Xenoblade 2 imo.

I've always wanted to try that, but I heard the gameplay to story ratio is 6:1

I've always wanted to try that, but I heard the gameplay to story ratio is 6:1
Personally if it's anything like Xenoblade 1 it takes time to get use to it and learn it but once you do it's great!(Gameplay)
On the story side, unsure but it's at least good or I've would have probably heard of it in a review.

I'm definitely gonna pick it upp! But it's not multiplayer.

My Birthday's coming up, and i wanna get a Nintendo Switch.
But, because the games are expensive, i can't really get a lot.

So when i get one, what games should i get on it?

Note: I've never played a Wii U, and thus have never played the games ported to switch (mario kart 8, BOTW, Hyrule Warriors etc)

Also, please don't suggest games that are also on 3ds (shovel knight (which i've beaten) and blaster master zero), since i can already get them at a cheaper price.

The games i really want to get are
Mario Kart 8 DX
Breath of the Wild
Hyrule Warriors DE (not out yet)
Mario Odyssey
Monster Hunter Double-Cross (I don't mind playing in Japanese)
Terraria and/or Minccraft

So, i can only get one of them. But which one?
Super Mario Odyssey is an excellent and fun game I loved it, if you wanna 100% it it will take a lot of exploring, plus since you have cappy you can do better exploring as well as capture enemy’s, this along with splatoon 2 is one of my favorite switch game

@AricAttack

I love mario... a lot (Galaxy 2 is one of the best games I've ever played) but I don't feel like immediately getting odyssey.

Mainly because it just doesn't appeal to me. I'm sure I'll love it when I play it, but i do have other priorities...

Reactions: AricAttack
Well, I would suggest you to get super mario odyssey once you get the switch, that is if you like to play solo games. On the other hand, if you like to play games locally with Friends or even online, I think you should get mario kart 8 deluxe, you are going to have tons of fun playing that game whether alone or with your Friends. There is another game that will probably blow your mind, that game is the legend of zelda breath of the wild, I suggest you this game if you like to really get immersed into the game´s world.

Games I am for sure going to get if I ever get a switch (I kind of dont wanna get it much for some reason anymore) Im going to get Splatoon 2 and Smash Ultimate.

Reactions: AricAttack
Games I am for sure going to get if I ever get a switch (I kind of dont wanna get it much for some reason anymore) Im going to get Splatoon 2 and Smash Ultimate.
But smash tho?

Id wait till they announce thier second version that was rumored in 2019 if you aren’t sure

But smash tho?

Id wait till they announce thier second version that was rumored in 2019 if you aren’t sure
Thats a good idea! I might do that... Depends if I get a Switch or not

Out of the list, it's definitely Mario Kart 8 if you didn't already own the Wii U version. It's a great time, especially with family and friends.
BOTW is probably better, but it's not a multiplayer game at all. It's a solely single player game, so considering you have 3 siblings it's probably not worth it.

Mario Odyssey is great but it's too short, and assuming since your only getting 1 game, you won't have money for a while so you'd be on a game drought. It wouldn't be a great idea to pick it up until you have a good library of lasting games already.

The rest of the games you mentioned are fun, but the novelty just wears off and they aren't really that special. They're good, but the first 3 I mentioned are definitely better for a first pick.

Out of the list, it's definitely Mario Kart 8 if you didn't already own the Wii U version. It's a great time, especially with family and friends.
BOTW is probably better, but it's not a multiplayer game at all. It's a solely single player game, so considering you have 3 siblings it's probably not worth it.

Mario Odyssey is great but it's too short, and assuming since your only getting 1 game, you won't have money for a while so you'd be on a game drought. It wouldn't be a great idea to pick it up until you have a good library of lasting games already.

The rest of the games you mentioned are fun, but the novelty just wears off and they aren't really that special. They're good, but the first 3 I mentioned are definitely better for a first pick.
Depends on whether you get into it or not.
Monster hunter is a game that you can spend hundreds of hours in if your willing, and its a blast for some people.
Hyrule warriors is a addictive game that could last forever if you enjoy it.
And, while I personally haven’t got into Minecraft or terraria, but there is a ton of stuff you can do, so if you wanted to, it could last awhile. Plus its multiplayer.

Back