What is your favorite RPG game for the 3DS?

• Thread starter Drayer
  • Start date
Drayer

Drayer

Future leader of the Uchiha clan!!!
Towns Folk
Just tell me what your favorite RPG games were for the 3DS & why you like it.

There are several to choose from - I guess I'll choose Project X Zone. It's a huge crossover Japanese SRPG with plenty of Sega, Namco and Capcom characters. Its art is great, the gameplay is fun and it lasts a long time (first playthrough took me 50 hours), and the soundtrack is excellent because it has music from many Sega, Capcom and Namco franchises.

The story could have been better, but it was still decent. So it works for me.

Nowadays I'd say Tales of the Abyss, a Nintendo 3DS port of a game that was originally released on the PlayStation 2.

Its story is just too good, the characters are great (though there are a fair few "eh"s), the music is top notch and most of all, I really love the gameplay that this game has. Probably going to last as my favourite 3DS game for a while, as well.

id definitely say without a doubt in my mind: Bravery default..
its good because there are so many classes and sub-classes and in true final fantasy fashion the turn based attacks take alot of thought. the music is great in it also! id say the only down said is the voice acting is kinda annoying. but beside that great game!

My favorite RPG game would probably be perhaps Bravely Default because it is a pretty addicting game and I like the how fast and exciting it is . I didn't get the game as of yet but hey , I played my friend's one and it really caught my eye . After that . I went to continue play the demo on my 3ds . It is pretty hard at the beginning though . I also liked Project X Zone because it really looks too exciting . In fact there are no words when I played its demo ;)

I will go for Fire Emblem Awakening it's pretty good,a rpg game that has romance. :D

Fantasy Life hands down ! Theres so much content in this game its unreal! kicking bosses buts while leveling skills and getting new gear is fun! Not to easy and not to hard if you train well ^-^ lots of items to forge and make on your own and even a expansion to play more when the game is done!

Reactions: Icemario
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, was the first game that introduced me to the concept of rpgs as a genre and is a game I will always go back to play if I want a reminder on why I love rpgs.

Fantasy Life so far. It's an Action RPG and it's full of content. Sure once you completed every life it's a bit hard to find replayability but since it might take over 200 hours to do so, at this point i don't really mind. The story is so so but gosh the gameplay is seriously fun!

Reactions: 18
Mine is Pokemon Omega Ruby. I was so hyped for it's release and managed to pick it up on the day. I really enjoyed the original Ruby title for GBA, and hearing that it has been updated with X/Y graphics and topped up with all new features such as Flying in the skies with Latios/Latias to find legends, the introduction of DexNav and powerful Megas. Plenty of post game content to keep you busy, and the game itself is a must have for any Pokemon fan. ;)

Reactions: faustine
Cliche answer is cliche, Fire Emblem: Awakening. Fantastic game.

I don't really feel like I've played all that many RPGs on my 3DS sadly. Shin Megami Tensei IV is really the only other one that comes to mind that isn't Pokemon.

OMG THAT IS A DIFFICULT QUESTION

I think it's Persona Q, 'cause I love Persona and Q is different in a good way. The music is addictive, the gameplay is fun, the story is good and all the characters I love are there.
...but if Inazuma Eleven GO reach America someday, it will SURELY be my favorite ever!!! <3

The best rpg game is Pokemon. Pokemon has been out for years and it is very popular. The anime is also very popular. On Pokemon you can teach your pokemon new moves and you can also pick which loves you want to fight with. You can also nickname your Pokemon if you would like to. It is awesome and cool that you can nickname Pokemon that you get.

Reactions: Drayer
Fantasy life ♥

That game has everything I've ever wanted in an RPG. (Excluding a qwerty keyboard T-T)

Fantasy life by far! The life system is a perfect balance of gameplay styles, and the amount pure variety there is in each life is what makes playing the game so much fun and why you can play it for hours on end and not get bored one bit. :)

Just tell me what your favorite RPG games were for the 3DS & why you like it.
My favorite RPG game for the 3ds is Tomodachi quest. I know it's not an actual cartridge or Eshop game but it's a mini game from Tomodachi life and I think it's great. The coolest thing is that you make your friends fight to the death against the weirdest things.

I definitely like Fantasy Life the most.
It's basically a portable version of an MMORPG. And there is a lot to do in-game so its definitely worth it's price :D

That's cool. I know that vinny from Vinesauce has that game. I hope Vinesauce streams today. He hasn't been streaming for days which I understand because everyone is very busy this month including me. But on the weekends I'm mostly bored out of my guts.

I seek RPGs in term of difficulty, so Shin Megami Tensei IV and Etrian Odyssey series would be my "insert coin". Though honestly, EO series sometimes feels harder than SMT IV.

The music from both series is great. Ryota Koduka (honestly, he's considered new but did awesome compositions) and Yuzo Koshiro (the maestro behind Ys and EO series).

I haven't played Fantasy Life but I thought it was just a bunch of mini games put together, So would someone please give me a description of the game before I decide to get it???

Back