What is your favorite weapon on Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

• Thread starter Bluwidow
  • Start date
B

Bluwidow

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
What is your favorite weapon on Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Mine is the Insect Glaive :thumbsup:

Charge blade and hunting horn when I'm playing with others. I like to use the support.

I don't have MH4U yet (waiting for a discount), but ever since MH1 I have been using the greatsword almost all the time, except for 1-2 large monsters where I switch to longsword.

i really don't have a favorite weapon, since I'm good with all of them :3 I have used the IG the most tho o3o

I never truly played a Monster Hunter Game, only played the demo for it. Well in that demo, out of all the weapon choices I had, I had to go with the weapon with the Sword and Shield, or the Spear and Shield since I can't remember what it was called. Anyways, I liked that weapon so much since it reminded me of Zelda, since I felt like Link.

My personal favourite weapon is the insect glaive because it's INSANELY fast, you can pole vault with it and you also have a customizable insect that can fight with you, heal you and raise your stats altogether. It does a fair amount of damage and with all the speed you now have you will be UNSTOPABLE!! :)

My personal favourite weapon is the insect glaive because it's INSANELY fast, you can pole vault with it and you also have a customizable insect that can fight with you, heal you and raise your stats altogether. It does a fair amount of damage and with all the speed you now have you will be UNSTOPABLE!! :)
Until you get combo locked into a Teostra Supernova:p

Reactions: 4771
Until you get combo locked into a Teostra Supernova:p
i hate when that happens >.<

i hate when that happens >.<
Well supernova is so predictable. It's 100 seconds after it goes rage

I don't know about you, but I don't sit there counting the seconds going by lol.
It was mainly a joke, though, I main IG and I rarely get hit by it.

i know, but when your stuck in a pole vault right next to teo it's kinda hard to dodge the supernova o3o

I'd love to use dual blades. Status effect is my favorite trump card, hence paralyzing the monster. I also collected elemental-based dual blades for different large monsters.

Still, paralyze effect is gold. I like seeing those big bosses paralyzed so the entire team can do all-out attack :p

i know, but when your stuck in a pole vault right next to teo it's kinda hard to dodge the supernova o3o
Lol I just signal 10 seconds before and get the hell outta there.

@Raptor the Seabear I always use a stopwatch when fighting Teostra just for the supernova.:D

When I first started I used the lance, but now I love how quickly the SnS inflicts statuses. Dashing off ledges is pretty fun too :D

When I first started I used the lance, but now I love how quickly the SnS inflicts statuses. Dashing off ledges is pretty fun too :D
DB is better for status btw...

Dual Blades. Because I hate slow weapons and they are all slow compared to dual blades :p
And I know they are good for status. That's why I have three of them for general use, one with para, one with poison, one with blast. Because I'm too lazy to make one for every monster's weakness :p

I'd like to try IG too, it's not so slow, but the mechanics behind the insect are really something else than just hitting with your DBs so yeah, the transition might not be so fast ^^

Dual Blades. Because I hate slow weapons and they are all slow compared to dual blades :p
And I know they are good for status. That's why I have three of them for general use, one with para, one with poison, one with blast. Because I'm too lazy to make one for every monster's weakness :p

I'd like to try IG too, it's not so slow, but the mechanics behind the insect are really something else than just hitting with your DBs so yeah, the transition might not be so fast ^^
Insect glaive is the best. It gets good status BLAST POWER and has decent attack. Also the insect isn't hard to use at all. Mounting is easy. Once you get the triple up (Three Buffs) your attack is sky high. This is, in my opinion, the best balanced weapon. Easy mid-combo evading, good X-X-X-A combo's and kills quickly.

Reactions: Iridium Winter
it's actually surprisingly easy to learn how to use the IG. all you have to do is get your 3 buffs (which normally aren't hard to get) and just spam attack them. in a way, it's kinda like a more mobile version of the DB's, while only being slightly slower.

GS all the way! It's amazing and powerful and when I first started playing and was trying to find a weapon I'm good at and tried the GS, it just worked! I do switch to other weapons once in a while but not often.

Back