Mario Kart What is your opinion on non-Mario characters being in Mario Kart 8?

• Thread starter KGgames101
  • Start date

Do you like having non-Mario characters in Mario Kart 8?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
KGgames101

KGgames101

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
So there is this new DLC in Mario Kart 8 that features Non-Mario related characters being added to the roster. As you might have already known, they are Link, Villager and Isabelle.
Me personally am very excited for this. But some people are unsure of it.
Should Nintendo add more non-Mario characters in the future?

I don't like it :s Link especially looks out of place in Mario Kart and I just feel that Mario Kart should be served for characters in the Mario universe. Also I'm worried that this will become a big thing that gets out of hand and we end up with characters from Kid Icarus and Metroid as well.

Reactions: MLGirby
I'm not really sure about this,but I think it's a minor cool addition.They might add Kirby,Pikachu or maybe even Captain Falcon,but that's just a guess.And as Jack said ,I don't want this to get out of hand,since the game's title is still Mario Kart 8,and not Super Smash Kart or Mario & Nintendo All-Stars Racing.

Well, they're are Nintendo characters, so I'd say to keep them definitely! If it was like sonic or something I would say get rid of him. I love the addition of link! I seriously need to get this game!

I like the edition of new characters.
But the thing is, it kind of takes Mario out of Mario Kart.
It would turn into Nintendo Kart.
I do like the new character editions, though.

it's somewhat different, that's for sure. I'm on the fence about this. Mario Kart is made for Mario Characters. :p

it wouldn't be the same if you add random Nintendo characters. xD

I thinks it's awesome that they are placing non-mario characters in a solely Mario game. I guess Super Smash Bros. inspired Hideki Konno to add other Nintendo characters into the mix. For all the haters: you don't have to get the DLC if you don't like the additional characters.

I think it will be good but it will be unusual having non Mario characters in the game because it is called Mario kart not Nintendo kart. But a game that is Mario kart but had all Nintendo characters would be good and they could call it Nintendo kart.

I really don't like it, i think they brought in them because of the new stages? Otherwise, i think Isabelle is taking up a spot that Dry Bones would've been a waaaaay better choice.

I personally love the idea! Having non-Mario characters adds in a new twist to Mario Kart 8 that hasn't been in any Mario Kart game before it. Also, not only does it add non-Mario characters, but it also adds Dry Bowser, Tanuki (hope I spelled that right :p ) Mario, and Cat Peach. (I am most excited for Link though!) :)

It is Mario kart: that means that only mario character should join. If they join non-mario characters, they better could name it Nintendo kart instead of Mario kart!

Dreams do come true, and this is awesome. Sure, I would have been happier had they added some extra Mario characters first, but this is just as good. Im very excited for the Legend of Zelda course and those extra karts/bikes. I mean, cmon, you guys don't want the Master Bike?! Its an awesome looking bike!

I really like them being in mario kart 8. Its nice to see characters that are not from mario in a different game. I hope nintendo does crossovers with games like this in the future. I also like the non mario character's tracks that comes with them. It would be very funny if every nintendo character was in mario kart. It would turn into Super Smash Kart.

In Mario kart 8, we can see that the DLC is awesome and I think its ok to have non-Mario characters in the series because I really don't think that the Mario kart series and the party series are actually canon unlike main Mario games such as Mario 3 or 64. And many more, of course. :D

I think it's really cool! :D I really like using Villager lol XD oddly enough I like to use him a lot as well for Smash 4, but i've never even played an Animal Crossing game, but it's really cool to have all these new addition of characters, it would be cool if they added more as well I would totally be for it too!

I think it was a great idea on Nintendo's part especially for sales, they are probably even getting extra sales for that because fans like legend of Zelda or animal crossing or even thought they didn't have enough mario characters bought the game and what they were going for of course so I know they are going to rrelease more characters other than mario for the game and most likely get out of hand and I don't mind that at all.

It's completely fine because they are already making crossovers all over the place in order to provide the best experience to Amiibo owners anyways. Amiibo have all sorts of functions in MK8 and the DLC is just icing on the cake so that everything fits together in a nice little package. I enjoy what they are trying to do here to appeal to everyone and not just the select few who want Mario Kart because it's Nintendos strategy to help make better games just like how Sakurai knows what you are doing in Smash if you accept that (in game option of course).

I can not see how anybody actually has a problem with other Nintendo characters being in a Mario game. It's just cameos. It does not in any way take away from the spirit of Mario Kart. If anything, I actually like it and think it makes the game even more fun. But hey, opinions. And we all got them. If people do not agree that non-Mario characters are going to make cameos in Mario games, that's cool. But it's not going to stop Nintendo from deciding to do it.

I am actually not against non Mario characters being in Mario Kart. It is a good idea since many people that I know wanted a fresh batch of characters for Mario Kart, specifically from Zelda or Star Fox. But surprise! We got Link along with the Villager and their own stages. That's a good bundle right there.

I think that this is a great idea on Nintendo's part, as I have always wanted to see Mario Kart act more like Smash Bros. where its characters were concerned, becoming less of a Mario Kart and more of a Nintendo Kart. I really like the creativity displayed on the designs of the new tracks as well, such as the rupees on Hyrule Circuit or the bells on Animal Crossing.

Back