What Kind of Pokémon Trainer Are You Most Likely?

• Thread starter Kimopoleis
  • Start date

What Kind of Pokémon Trainer Are You Most Likely?

• Breeder (I like selling or holding giveaways)

• Shiny Hunter (I like collecting trophy Shinies)

• Competitive Trainer

• Competitive Trainer of mostly Shinies

• PokéDex Completionist

• Casual Player

Results are only viewable after voting.
Kimopoleis

Kimopoleis

Concept Artist, Illustrator, RPG Fan
Towns Folk
If you see me around Nookling Junction, you know what my answer is. :D I'm mostly a Breeder because I often sell Pokémon or hold giveaways. I do this so I could share my love for Bank Balls (Apricorn, Dream, etc.).

I'm actually a Breeder first, Shiny Hunter second. I don't necessarily like collecting trophy Shinies, which are imperfect Shinies just for collection. I look or breed for valuable ones because they could potentially be traded in the future for good stuff.

So what kind of Pokémon trainer are you? :)

Can't vote; there's no regular/casual trainer option. ;-;

Can't vote; there's no regular/casual trainer option. ;-;
I'll add it in then! Care to expound what a casual trainer is?

Well, a trainer who is none of the above of course. Not exactly a detailed explanation I know, but it's not really something that needs attention to detail treatment.

There is no hacker/cheated option. And as anyone who's even looked at a team for VGC knows blatant cheating is a very, very, VERY popular competitive strategy! Am I right? (Cough, Beast Ball Porygon2, cough)

I personally think I'm a competitive trainer, but does that mean I'm good at it?
IMG_0604.JPG

Personally, I'm more into casual player. Even though sometimes I would try some Pokémon with competitive twist at times, and even breeding on occasion, most of the time I tend to play it without worries and all.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
Personally, I am a competitive Pokemon battler of some shinies and some not (50/50). There are some shinies that are competitive viable and that make cool shinies. So, I have a mix of competitive shiny and competitive non-shiny.

Reactions: Kimopoleis
I'm definitely a shiny hunter. I'm looking in my omega ruby... and i have 150 shinys ^-^

I'm a competitive trainer that talks big but is an actual pushover.

...Basically, Barry from gen 4

Reactions: Mr. Kream and Kimopoleis
Casual player. I play Pokemon only for the main story, in-game battles and lore :>

Competitive trainer here~

Although I do IV breed a lot, hence why my hours in Pokemon X/Y are so high in my activity log. Haven't really gotten serious about IV breeding in Pokemon S/M yet, however, I have transferred my 'mons to Moon so I can play :D

I am a Pokedex Completionist, I almost always want to complete my Pokedex just for game completion and satisfaction, not to say I don't like the games for anything but that, it is just that I like completing my Pokedex because I want to :)

If you see me around Nookling Junction, you know what my answer is. :D I'm mostly a Breeder because I often sell Pokémon or hold giveaways. I do this so I could share my love for Bank Balls (Apricorn, Dream, etc.).

I'm actually a Breeder first, Shiny Hunter second. I don't necessarily like collecting trophy Shinies, which are imperfect Shinies just for collection. I look or breed for valuable ones because they could potentially be traded in the future for good stuff.

So what kind of Pokémon trainer are you? :)

Meh, im more of a casual trainer :p i occasionally hunt for shinies if ive really got enough time to do it or absolutely nothing else in mind, but i spend most of my time exp boosting and sweeping NPCs simply because i like to relax when i play games.... except with mario maker lol, i pick super expert just to laugh at all the junk levels there are there with hidden block spikes and the rest of that, its hard for me to play those without laughing too much (yes this obviously hampers my focus but oh well) XD

I can't really choose between casual player or pokedex completionist. After I've beaten the champion i usually try to catch them all, i've also tried to shiny hunt(only in black and white though)

I can't really choose between casual player or pokedex completionist. After I've beaten the champion i usually try to catch them all, i've also tried to shiny hunt(only in black and white though)

I see, i did that in pokemon sun and actually enjoyed it! :p regarding shiny hunting though, i feel i should mention some things on that... From what i hear, shiny hunting in black/white was considerably harder than it was in gen6 (XY/ORAS) and the newer sun/moon games. I did brief investigating on it sometime ago (last year or sometime before) and barely found anything on the subject, which led me to believe that its extremely difficult to near impossible in them.... Im only going by personal logic here, so i may be wrong especially since that was a while back i did this.

Its probably better and easier to shiny hunt in gen6-7 instead of everything before that in my opinion, ive had success in both generations so i know its fairly easy if you really work at it. The reason im writing this is because im getting that you didn't really care for it in gen 5 and/or it was too long or difficult to be worth it (as some might feel), just kinda reassuring act on my end thats all :p

Hope that clears some stuff up (sorry for getting off topic though, but i did within reason).

Reactions: V_Weeb
I see, i did that in pokemon sun and actually enjoyed it! :p regarding shiny hunting though, i feel i should mention some things on that... From what i hear, shiny hunting in black/white was considerably harder than it was in gen6 (XY/ORAS) and the newer sun/moon games. I did brief investigating on it sometime ago (last year or sometime before) and barely found anything on the subject, which led me to believe that its extremely difficult to near impossible in them.... Im only going by personal logic here, so i may be wrong especially since that was a while back i did this.

Its probably better and easier to shiny hunt in gen6-7 instead of everything before that in my opinion, ive had success in both generations so i know its fairly easy if you really work at it. The reason im writing this is because im getting that you didn't really care for it in gen 5 and/or it was too long or difficult to be worth it (as some might feel), just kinda reassuring act on my end thats all :p

Hope that clears some stuff up (sorry for getting off topic though, but i did within reason).
Thanks for the tips! :)

If anything, I'm more of a Breeder and then Competitive Player second. I actually spend most of the time breeding Pokemon. ;-;
I have around 2834.o1 Play Time hours in Pokemon X alone and hatched over 10k+ eggs.​

I guess I'm just your average casual player. I'm not into competitive (seems pretty complicated with IV's and stuff) and I'd rather beat the storyline in-game rather than breeding 'mons (although, it's nice to get special egg moves and such). Completing the Pokedex is too time consuming and requires a lot of effort. Shinies are nice and all, but again shiny hunting doesn't really appeal to me. I kinda just pick up a Pokemon game, and put it down once I'm done with it. xD

I'm mostly a competitive trainer, I might not be the best but that's what I mostly am. I'm secondly a breeder I'm not as good as most breeders but I can do the basics to get a great competitive Pokémon, ev training is a bit more difficult especially in sun and moon. I also like to hunt and collect shinys they may not be competitive always but I do love them especially if they are my favorite Pokémon.

Well, I'm kind of a mix of collector and competitive and hateful Pokemon player and I'm also the type of trainer to put 2 weak Pokemon on my team just for the sake of them dying(Mostly Pokemon I hate with a burning passion). I'm also the competitive type because I will always ask my friends for a quick Pokemon battle and I will always win because I put troll Pokemon on my team and I run on their saltiness and tears. And i collect every single Pokemon just to find out which ones i can troll people with.

Back