What payment method is accepted for Nintendo Switch online play?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Is it debit/credit card only? PayPal? Some sort of gift card you can redeem?

I'm wondering what form of payment(s) Nintendo accepts for their online multiplayer service since it's now paid. I know for the first couple of months after the console's release it'll be free, but I don't expect Switch owners aren't going to see the list of payment methods when messing around in the console's settings.

Thanks!

Even Nintendo's official site has no info on it yet, maybe because they're wetting their pants over actually having gone through with the paid online and they're now debating on how many methods to introduce so they can rip off little kids who want to play video games as much as possible because ripping off little kids is where Reggie and Kimishima make their money.

The nintendo switch online service price won't be revealed till it launches late fall. I assume eshop methods used for purchases already will also work. Spinny, $20 a year isn't really "ripping off."

I believe we will be able to use debit cards, credit cards or even some sort of new online service card. I am just guessing about the last one, but regarding the fact that you can actually use any debit card to purchase games I strongly believe we will be able to purchase the online service directly on the eshop.

Back