what's so good about Splatoon?

• Thread starter Chibi Asriel
  • Start date
Chibi Asriel

Chibi Asriel

Goat Herder
Towns Folk
So Splatoon looks intresting..but I wouldnt pay 60 for it... I would need to know why it's so good and not just because of the Constent DLC updates. I wanna know If it's fun,it it will hold it's value and Why people love it so much, I personally have not been impressed by it what so ever..I already need to get a wiiu, and I wouldnt want a Game I wouldnt return to

It's definitely a game you're going to be playing in the long run. I purchased it some time after its release and I only stopped playing it because of a problem with my speakers (no sound when playing any Wii U game).

You might grow old of its single player gameplay after beating it, but the multiplayer gameplay is where it shines imo.

Constantly playing unranked battles will feel like a pain to get to level 10 but once you do, the addiction is going to kick in.

The level system makes you want to keep playing to get the highest level possible and when you rank down, you're going to rage and later try to increase it again. You unlock new gear the higher your level is, so you'll constantly be checking out shops.

Reactions: SoProHunter and Mikaya
meh...may get it if I get a wiiu this hoilday season

First, imo it's one of the best wii u games to date.
Second, all @Marc said.
Third, it's really fast paced and has a variety of great weapons and maps.
Fourth, you'll be spending about $0.50 per hour by the time you might be starting to get bored of it (meaning you'll be playing for about 120 hours before you might start to get bored, making it $0.50 an hour because of the game being $60).

meh...I may become to pre occupied with Xenoblade X to really play it XD
(hoilday season is looking mighty nice =w=)

Reactions: SoProHunter
True, Xenoblade Chronicles X is coming out in the next while but you'll still probably play Splatoon a lot since it's such a good game. I got it either on its release day or a little later and I'm still playing it. Trust me, if you like fast paces games or shooters, you'll like Splatoon.

meh,im useally the guy to look at games alot of people like and go "eh, it's good" Then shove it in my draw and never look at it again..

Im so sorry Mario Galaxy XD

I can be like that too, so I understand if you don't get it at all. I'll also probably be playing Xenoblade Chronicles X a lot this winter (as long as my brother doesn't get to it first or my dad takes the TV) and it does look pretty fun. My brother was a big fan of the first game so he'll probably enjoy it more though.

ahh

I should probably be writing more than this, but I can't think of anything else to say. What's so good about Splatoon is actually everything. I can't think of a single thing I would change.

If you get it, I'm Tex. See you online!

Splatoon is one of those games that from the side-lines it looks fun, but you think it'll get boring. But, once you get the remote in hand, you won't stop playing until you absolutely have to.

The best thing is how fast paced & equal it is. Even when you play your first online match & your level 1, you can still do really good because the game is more skill then gear. And you level up super fast, making it very fast pace (as I already said) and being able to play with every weapon pretty quickly (that makes it more fun ;3). This also means there's barely any grinding :)

The maps are also changing all the time, and each map has its own strategies & stuff. Learning all the maps & playing them is fun. The map change also makes it less repetitive (because playing the same map over & over=boring.)

Solo is super fun too. It's a pretty quick play-through, but it's really puzzly & fun, super enjoyable (of course online is way better.)

My favorite part is the idea & fun of it. I'm not getting bored of it. Even at level 31 with (basically) every weapon, I still just love playing even when there's (barely) anything to unlock. One of my biggest worries when I was gonna buy it that once I hit level 20 I'd get bored, but I started liking Splatoon even more once I hit level 20

I hope what I said helped! Also, I want XenoBlade X so bad, too :)

Yeah, the main thing I don't like about Splatoon is some of the maps don't work very well for the modes that are playing and I'm not really a fan of Rainmaker or Tower Control for Ranked Battles. Splat Zones is my favorite except for when I'm put with people who are terrible at defending and taking back the zones... Still, Rainmaker and Tower Control can be fun if you get a good team but they're not for me.

So Splatoon looks intresting..but I wouldnt pay 60 for it... I would need to know why it's so good and not just because of the Constent DLC updates. I wanna know If it's fun,it it will hold it's value and Why people love it so much, I personally have not been impressed by it what so ever..I already need to get a wiiu, and I wouldnt want a Game I wouldnt return to

Tbh, I'm not gonna lie, ive been playing it somewhat on and off since my brother got it for his birthday? I think. It will get boring sometimes, depending on how focused you'll be. I can play myself, about 10 or 11 rounds before getting super bored and passing the controller on. If youre into competitive versus games, then its a good game to look into. Although i do NOT agree with the price. But then again, id love for all games to be like $5 .... lol. Hope i helped.

I disagree dxtaylorxd I think Splatoon's pricing is just fine, especially since all the new content the keep adding is free. I agree it might not be worth $60 when it came out because there was not that much in terms of multiplayer at the time, but now they added so much to the game for free (a bunch of new maps, 3 new modes, a botload of weapons and gear, and they increased the level cap). If you would have to pay for all that it would be like a $120 price so I think the game is actually cheap for all the content in the game, + they still release new content so there is even more to play around with.

I'm not a fan of multiplayer games. In fact, I played Super Smash Bros. just to unlock the Cream trophy . . . and play as the female Villager. Still, I did bought Splatoon since it was a Black Friday sale. I don't know if I'm going to like it, since it seemns the best part of the game is multiplayer.

Splatoon has really addicting gameplay and it's really colourfull. Splatoon does online events that are really cool like splatfests. Splatfests are when they do an epic turf war battle between wich side is better. Like pizza vs burgers.

I honestly think it was worth $60 day release. It had the multiplayer, tons of weapons, and a campaign. Not to mention every other week new DLC released.

The only thing DLC added was 1. Weapons, 2. Maps, and 3. Clothing. And the weapons/clothing were generally a weapon/clothing with new subs. Only a few new weapons released that actually added a new mechanic, and I don't even know if they ever added a piece of clothing that added a brand new skill.

Splatoon is a blast. Totally worth the money. Has SO much playtime in it, and the mechanics are crazy fun.

Reactions: Eric Cartman
Aside from Turf Wars and Ranked battles, playing with a Squad is darn fun if you can round up 3 other people, then you will be able to encounter the true competitive squads of the world. Winning matches takes some skill, rather than storming in mindlessly. You and your friend's ranks are on the line, so having a game plan is key. :p

The game is just so addicting and fun, even if I lose a match I find myself smiling or laughing even though I lost, it's just a fun game that you can play no matter what mood your in, whenever I need an uplift or something I just play a couple rounds of this game, it would definitely be a game you would want to buy in the NEAR future.

Reactions: Mikaya
@pokefreak I agree 100% completely. Splatoon is so fun, and addicting. I just have a few complaints. I wish they changed the stages and the ranked battle mode every 2 hours, instead of four, that is just a little annoying. Also, I get bored of it easily. After like 45 minutes I'm done. This is pretty much because of my first compliant, and that by that time I have done both modes and stages, and since I already beat the single player I feel like there is really nothing to do but play the same thing again, which I find a little annoying. Other then these two things, I find the game really awesome and totally addicting. Just change up the stages a little more often and then I'm happy.

Back