What's your favorite 3ds Zelda game? (Adaptations included)

• Thread starter Leafeon1010
  • Start date
Leafeon1010

Leafeon1010

Local Shop Owner
Towns Folk
Alright, once upon a time a borrowed a Mario Kart 7 copy from the library. Except it wasn't. It was Majora's Mask. I was disappointed, but played anyway. But this happened years ago, I can't recall most of what happened. I DO remember liking part of it, however. So that's where you guys come in. What's your favorite, and why? I really want to know a good game to get, and I don't have any LoZ games. (Anything on 3ds Eshop is what I'm looking for)

Last edited:
It's easier to state what games you aren't likely to get/should get last, which is pretty much in order from least likely to most likely:
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • The Adventure of Link (Or Zelda II)
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Triforce Heroes
Other than that, all the other Zelda games on the 3DS eShop should be fair game. Since you played Majora's Mask which focused heavily on the time-hopping aspect, I would recommend you play Ocarina of Time and Oracle of Ages.

My favourite 2D and 3D Zelda games are Oracle of Ages and Majora's Mask, each because of their use of time travel in gameplay mechanics and how that affects the world you explore around you. Majora's Mask moreso because of its creepy/nightmare factor, but Ages is also good as you can use the linked game feature with Oracle of Seasons to get a mega-story out of the titles plus bonus items. (Also don't worry: you don't need a link cable. You can use the password at the end of the game to link them.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Leafeon1010
I was going to tell you that my top pick would be Majora´s mask, but regarding your experience with the game I will omit it. I am currently playing ocarina of time, I love this classic game, the music is fantastic and the enhanced visuals provide you with a much better experience. Regarding other zelda games, I would pick up a link between worlds which seems to be really clever.

Reactions: Leafeon1010
Two people whose favorites are Majora's Mask.
Link between worlds I HAVE thought about before.
Ocarina and Time are pretty cheap adapts, if I'm remembering right. Thank you guys!

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
Two people whose favorites are Majora's Mask.
Link between worlds I HAVE thought about before.
Ocarina and Time are pretty cheap adapts, if I'm remembering right. Thank you guys!

I think it would be best to check out Link to the Past on the Virtual Console service (assuming you have a "New" brand of 3DS) as A Link Between Worlds is a big tribute in regards to that game, from the same overworld to the game mechanics while still being fresh and putting its own innovative spin on the world.

I think it would be best to check out Link to the Past on the Virtual Console service (assuming you have a "New" brand of 3DS) as A Link Between Worlds is a big tribute in regards to that game, from the same overworld to the game mechanics while still being fresh and putting its own innovative spin on the world.
Alright, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
If we were to include remakes then my favorite would be Majora's Mask 3D if not it would be A Link Between Worlds, both of which are very good, Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda, and A Link Between Worlds is my favorite 2D Zelda

Definitely Majora's Mask, without a doubt.

You said you enjoyed "part of it". How far into the game did you get? The further you go, the better the game gets. Not to mention the fact of collecting all those masks! There's just so much to do in this game! *^*

Overall, that's the game I would highly recommend. However, if you're a person who likes story, then go play Ocarina of Time 3D if you haven't done so already, as that game takes place before the events of Majora's Mask. After that, you've got free reign. :p

To be fair, Majora's Mask has more of a learning curve in the beginning, since you're required to get the Ocarina the first time around before time runs out. Afterwards you've got a bit of leeway to do what you want and rewind, but you could still find yourself messing up a side-quest or running out of time during a dungeon, forcing you to reset your progress. (Note: Dungeons that have been completed before resetting time don't remove the boss masks you get.) Unfortunately, I came across the latter with the last two dungeons on my first playthrough, which forced me to play them almost 2 times.

Ocarina of Time is definitely an easier game to tackle without the count-down to the moon breathing down your neck.

Back