What's your favorite Wii U feature?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Out of all the features that the Wii U has to offer, what is your favorite and why?

Though I haven't used one yet (I can't justify buying a new console where there are... zero games I want for it as yet) I think the most useful feature would be the ability to use the game pad as a TV remote. I'm constantly misplacing mine, or my cat knocks it over... or my dog steals it... The game pad looks like it would mitigate these issues.

Reactions: Marc
Would the Internet Browser be considered a feature? :p

If not, then the TV remote. It's SO convenient.

Reactions: Alpha Harry, Madman13579 and Marc
Is Miiverse a feature? If yes i just love it!
And the fact that someone can watch the TV while you're playing on the gamepad is cool!

Reactions: Marc
I like how you can play using the gamepad - it's like a massive gameboy xD

or if you prefer, the larger screen of a TV xD

Reactions: Alpha Harry
Off TV play is great! I like having restore points also - for certain games only mind you. Honestly I just like the fact that the Wii U has so many great games!

Some of my favorite features are:
  • Off TV Play for violent games when little kids are in the house.
  • The TV Remote when you constantly misplace it.
  • Free Online Multiplayer for Games
  • Miiverse
  • Wii U Chat
  • Nintendo Network ID's
I just wish they Gamepad's signal strength was strong enough for me to take up to my room without having to bring the base up.

What is your favorite feature in the Wii U and why? I like Off-TV play because when my dad watched the news I can still play. I also like the ability to play Wii games and have a Wii Menu to play your Virtual Console games on.

I like that nintendo added a gamepad and touch mechanics on the wii u, but off tv play is a really good addition. I can walk around all over the house and play on my console. I can even play the wii u while I am on the toilet ( I dont do that.... it is gross...eww). And playing wii games on it is also great!

The TV remote is perhaps one of the best features to ever grace the Wii U. Having to deal with both the remote and the Wii U game pad was extremely annoying.
I would prefer the off-TV function more if it weren't so inconsistent between games (different control inputs in order to activate it), and if the video quality of the gamepad was actually better. I don't know if it's me, but the image looks dull.
Oh, and the whole retro compatibility of the Wii U is nice as well. Again, I would prefer it....if they didn't take away the option to load Gamecube games despite the console being capable of playing them, and if the virtual console games were more diverse overall.

I love off-tv play because it seems so conveinent

I absolutely adore playing virtual console games on the gamepad off the tv, I dunno how to explain it just makes me feel relaxed. Miiverse is also a great feature when your posts don't get deleted by a mod for ''no reason given''... The tv remote is also a good feature which honestly I mostly use to either turn the volume up or down on the tv when playing on off-tv play, it's just so convenient!

1. I love Off-TV Play since you can play on the Gamepad while someone is watching TV or whatever
2. I love Amiibo because of all of them they're making (I WANT THEM ALL) and I like the in-game bonuses or whatever for games such as Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros. U, and any future Amiibo games.

in mario 3d world, it asks you to blow the pad so the platform will be lifted. thats cool

I think mine is the web browser, it is the feature I use the most on my wii u, I like to watch series online and as I have the wii u connected to my Tv and Home theatre I have a fantastic experience, it is like being at the cinema. Besides I can check my e-mail or log in to facebook, it is really cool

Playing games XD

Off tv play is my favorite. I really dislike when a game doesn't have this option now. I like being able to "watch" something on tv and game at the same time. I'm able to catch up on my shows and enjoy my game. I also like how I can play late at night in my bed with my headphones so I don't disturbed anyone else in the house.

I really loved the Off-TV play because it really is a dream to reality to play some of the old remakes or cool games on the go like The Legend of Zelda : Wind Waker and I also like the other features but this one is a stand out one that I like . To my friend the TV remote thing is the best for him and I can't really argue for that and so concluding , I really like the Wii U 's features and they are really convenient :)

I don't have a Wii U yet but love some of the features!
Off TV Play
Amibo's they are pricey but cute too! and look to unlock stuff in many games
Backwards compatible with Wii games
Wii U gamepad has all kinds of features, camera Mic and gyro and headphone jack!!

Off-TV play for me :3

It is so chaotic sharing a room with a sister that's making Youtube videos all the time and walking around in the room. In fact, I usually play Smash on the gamepad, because right when I turn on the TV, they get jealous that I'm watching and want to watch their own show >.<

It's like a portable giant ds thing, I feel like I'm playing smash on a 3ds xl basically :3 I'm so thankful for this >.<

Also, nobody can see me getting owned when I play online :bag:

Back