• Nay: It's not good at all. thnx Nintendo. >.>

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ace

Ace

Aaannnd boom! goes the Dynamite.
Towns Folk
A mode created similarly to Angry Birds. (I think it may have started as a joke.) I don't very much care for it in my opinion. Probably the only mode I've spent less time in. Heck, I even used a golden hammer because I didn't want to attempt a Target blast challenge.

But what do you guys think? do you like or dislike the slingshot simulator clone?

I totally forgot this mode existed in sm4sh, lel. I think it's decent from the very few times I've played it. A bit challenging to demolish everything, too. Definitely does play out a lot like Angry Birds, but of course Angry Birds is better, since it's more in-depth and dynamic. :jimlad:

Reactions: Ace
I think that target blast was a good addition to the stadium mode in Smash 4. For quite a while, the only stadium games were Home Run Contest and the multi-man smash. I think that adding target blast gave the section more variety, which it had been lacking in. Plus, target blast is quite enjoyable, playing out a lot like a Smash version of Angry Birds, but with much less control.

It's a nice little minigame, pretty good for aiming practice, and getting used to controls/moves of characters. It's like sort of break from competitive Smash or any of the other fighting modes in general. It's fun trying to get the best time and beating your own record. I hate it when I miss a target by an inch, though, my aim sometimes is off. xD

I like it. I use it to help me get better at making combos. It's better than just doing training mode. Mainly because there is a timer. Hold onto it to long something bad can happen like a counter. Don't build up enough damage, it's not gonna go far. Build up too much damage, well too much damage isn't good for target blast. Plus the scores, doing combos and destroying all the targets. It's what I consider the best mode. Well, at least for me. That is.

You beat up a bomb. You hit targets. It's not much.

I really dislike how when I'm simply trying to damage the bomb, it goes flying away. That isn't what I wanted. What do I do now?
Something my time is better spent doing, that's what. Like online mode or smash run.
I mean, it's okay for like, a minute or three, but that's about when my patience wears thin. Then I'm like NOPE. Same with Home Run Contest, too.

Personally, I much prefer just the simple smash over a silly aim-and-demolish kind of game.

Target Blast was great I used to practice with it a lot in the N64 Super Smash bros and I used to test my extra upper air jump and test to see if it was okay honestly target blast was really cool it tested your strength to see how far you go into smash the targets ,but ever since Smash 4 came out the Target blast mini game kind of sucks because you can't use you own character to break the targets you have to use a big bomb to blow a lot of them up it would be cool if the other one stayed this Target blast isn't as good as the other one hopefully it return to the switch though.

Good practice for jumping, character skills, timing, and maneuvering, but when you rock at playing its usefulness does decrease.

Back