Which old school Nintendo console holds the most childhood memories?

• Thread starter 532
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
For me, my best childhood console was the N64. I got it with the Zelda Ocarina of Time and Mario 64.
Ahh, those nice old days when I came home from school, took a shower and went straight to the N64. I played it everyday except when we were going outside and I cherished every moment with my friends. Goldeneye 007, Mario Kart 64.
I would love to know your childhood console that holds the best memories.

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu and TAG
NES for sure. In particular Super Mario Bros. 3. It didn't matter the age, gender, or background, pretty much every kid at my school and in my neighborhood seemed to have that game. Such happy memories of a simpler time.

for me it's game boy color i played pokemon yelow there.. and of course the zelda series game:D

NES for sure. In particular Super Mario Bros. 3. It didn't matter the age, gender, or background, pretty much every kid at my school and in my neighborhood seemed to have that game. Such happy memories of a simpler time.
Hmm nice. i have an NES but its a bit cracked. The only game i had for it was Super Mario Bros.
And you are right, people play NES regardless of age, Gender, Background.
for me it's game boy color i played pokemon yelow there.. and of course the zelda series game:D
Game boy color? Nice. My first portable was the Game boy Advance Sp, Pokemon FireRed ,LeafGreen, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire. :love: Good old memories :giggle::oldman:

My NES. My dad had this weird 88 in 1 game and my mom could save the princess for fun. DK jr is still one of my favorite games. Even though i never beat the second level

Hmm. Probably N64, but I have a lot of memories of PS1 too...yeah, N64.

My NES. My dad had this weird 88 in 1 game and my mom could save the princess for fun. DK jr is still one of my favorite games. Even though i never beat the second level
Oh, just like me :D I had DK jr too, and I did not play it after like 20 tries :giggle:

on the nes

Hmm. Probably N64, but I have a lot of memories of PS1 too...yeah, N64.
same here i had ps1 i played lots of great game on ps1 like legend of legai,all resident evil 1,2 and nemesis? and digimon 1,2 and 3 but the 2 i din't like so i never finish it.. oh yeah i remember now the wild arms and my all time favorite game.. the legend of the dragon i played it like a month or so its a hard game to complete the 100% arts with the lance guy.. such memeory i had with ps1.. i even don't go to class at high school just to play the legend of the dragon.. haha:jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad:

Reactions: 532
I think the old school consoles are really cool, the sound and graphics are so nostalgic. My favourite it the SNES, the sixteen bit graphics, and the sound quality was better than the NES, and it's when video game music actually started to sound like real music. Nowadays, those kinds of games are still really popular, and I really like that.

I'd say the SNES for me, because of A link to the past and DKC. I was pretty young back then but that's what started the whole 'Nintendo craze' for me. I didn't own a SNES personally, but I used to stay at my cousins house in the holidays and we were pretty much hooked on both games. They were challenging and left us coming back for more. xD

as both games are single player, we used to take turns also, and the one who wasn't playing used to help out (i.e when stuck on a puzzle). The graphics of the console were good enough by our standards.

Well..."old school". I wasn't allowed to get video games until I was 11, and still have to play undercovers. XD so...when I was 11, or actually I was 10, so that was the DSi XL, on which I played Soulsilver and Pearl. I have memories of playing Ruby on a friend's Gameboy and playing stuff on the N64 at the dentists'

The Gameboy Advance, easily. I have many good memories of playing Pokémon Yellow and Crystal, and later Emerald. It's still my favourite out of Nintendo's handhelds.

The GBA. I played so much games on mine. From Pokemon to Megaman Zero, I rarely ever let go of my GBA as a kid. Going out without it always felt like I was missing something. Good 'ol times where I'm nearing an important part of the game as the batteries begin to die definitely adds more thrill to the game xD

It would be between the Nintendo 64 or the GBA. I played the Gamecube a lot more than everything, but I don't technically consider that old-school yet.

I remember playing all 3 Mario Parties for the Nintendo 64 a lot, plus Paper Mario and Super Mario 64. There was also this monster truck game that my family played with me a lot. And that one game where you're all Volkswagen Beetles and you play tag or something like that. I loved that game also xD

On the GBA, I remember playing Yu-gi-Oh! GX: Duel Academy, as well as Pokemon FireRed and Fire Emblem/Sacred Stones. Those are among my favorite GBA games (WarioWare too!)

And on the Gamecube, Super Smash Brothers Melee, Animal Crossing, WarioWare, and Tiger Woods Golf (don't judge me), along with the Mario Parties (of course) and Mario Tennis..and Mario Baseball. I couldn't possibly name all of the times I had playing these games, but they were definitely great ones.

the game boy pocket it was my first Nintendo console i got for Christmas when i was ten my first game Pokemon blue from then on i was hooked to all Pokemon games best gift ever

I remember first getting the Nintendo DS Lite it was so cool and I really loved it and the cool games like Mario Kart DS and Zelda : Phantom Hourglass and Zelda : Spirit Tracks . I really loved playing games with multiplayer feature and it was very fun to play with my friends at school and I remember playing Mario Kart for like hours non-stop . Yeah those were very good memories and I still hold them dearly :)

Well... The NES is one. My mom got it for us when I was little. One day she got mad because she thought us being loud was killing her on Mario lol. Let's just say that the system didn't jump as well as he does. Was funny when we got older lol.

For me it is my nintendo visual game boy as collect money for ages to buy that console I love it even nowadays sometimes I paly my first game I got pokemon emerald and I don't why but I have emotional attached to that amazing console.

SNES, because I was a fighting game kid at the time and the Final Fight games meant everything to me. I wasn't actually in its era but... SNES.

I don't consider the GBA completely old-school yet, but it's even more dear to me. DemiKids, Pokemon FireRed, Sonic; I even enjoyed some licensed games such as Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and The Hobbit on it (yeah, I played licensed games a lot as a kid).

Back