Who actually plays locally with friends?

• Thread starter DarkXorius
  • Start date

How do you play?

• Solo

• With Friends/Family

• Whichever

Results are only viewable after voting.
DarkXorius

DarkXorius

One without a Heart
Towns Folk
Now before you jump on me, I just have to admit that I don't have friends. The kind of friends that you've been around for a long time, live close or fully comfortable with.

Certain games to me, are better played alone, but I feel that they could be so much more if you played with friends. I'm usually influenced by YouTubers that play with their friends and make it look like so much fun!!

Yeah I've tried online, but it's intimidating and frankly... odd to Skype and play with strangers(usually 12-16yrs).

What games do you like playing?
Do you play them solo?

Now before you jump on me, I just have to admit that I don't have friends. The kind of friends that you've been around for a long time, live close or fully comfortable with.

Certain games to me, are better played alone, but I feel that they could be so much more if you played with friends. I'm usually influenced by YouTubers that play with their friends and make it look like so much fun!!

Yeah I've tried online, but it's intimidating and frankly... odd to Skype and play with strangers(usually 12-16yrs).

What games do you like playing?
Do you play them solo?

Used to be MH4U and Smash with friends at school, with Local Play, but, since I'm "done" with it (next step being university), the last person I can play with locally is my sister on MHGen. Other than that, when I'm not at her home or, when one of my old friends asks me for a fight on Smash or for help on MH, I go online. Other than that, I never go online with strangers (except on Smash). Mostly because of bad experiences while playing online with strangers, when the game have some chat feature.

I mainly play online, but I used to play Sm4sh, Pokemon and MH4U over local.

I play Roblox, Minecraft, call of duty and mk7 both with a a friend or solo.

If I had any friends that actually play video games (or at least the non "FIFA and the new COD fish simulator" or whatever mainstream games people are playing) that I play online then I definitely would try to arrange a time to play.

But because no one fits that category and that most of my friends I made with other interests (like singing, chess, computer science, GFX etc. or because people find me "cute") I choose to mainly play games with mainly solo play but have some sort of online integration. Or I play games that I've played similar to other games I've played (like how I got into fire emblem through SMT)
If I do play online it's usually competitive (but not Pokemon) like Fire emblem fates, Sm4sh etc.

I used to play DS and Wii games locally with my cousins, but that time is sadly long gone :(

I used to play on my wii with my friends at like my birthday party or something but I never really had anyone to play with so I rarely got any multiplayer/local co-op games >.<

I have played the Pokémon games locally (Sapphire, Diamond, Platinum, HG, White, and X) and Smash for Wii U locally but more often I play online and when online doesn't work I use Amiibo (for Smash because I can't unlock anything left w/o getting one Smash streetpass).

While there may be times that I play online, Sometimes I play Locally with my Older Brother

On seldom occasion I do. I actually played Rhythm Heaven: Fever with a few friends just yesterday; and was probably the 5th time I've played 3DS local multiplayer... ever lol.

Multiplayer online is fun, but local is 10x more fun imo - getting to play with people you truly know, and of course, easily communicate with. :p

If I had any friends that actually play video games (or at least the non "FIFA and the new COD fish simulator" or whatever mainstream games people are playing) that I play online then I definitely would try to arrange a time to play.

But because no one fits that category and that most of my friends I made with other interests (like singing, chess, computer science, GFX etc. or because people find me "cute") I choose to mainly play games with mainly solo play but have some sort of online integration. Or I play games that I've played similar to other games I've played (like how I got into fire emblem through SMT)
If I do play online it's usually competitive (but not Pokemon) like Fire emblem fates, Sm4sh etc.
;-; you poor baby..

Reactions: Shin
I play online most of the time these days with people over the Internet >.<

Back in the day a group of us used to come together every once in a while with our DSs and play Mario Kart DS. Download Play made it possible for more of us to play together because not everyone had the game card.

I don't think I know anyone locally with a 3DS now.

I mostly play online due to the abundance of online players and the lack of irl friends ;_;
The games I play don't really seem to appeal to others nearby me.
Mostly people around play shooters like Call of Duty and don't even have a 3DS.
The ones that do tend to be like the people with all legendary teams in Pokemon and don't play competitively.
Thank goodness I have 3DS Pedia and online friends to play with!

I play stuff like Mario Bros and Mario Party with my parents on the wii occasionally but it's mostly online multiplayer and solo games on my wii u.Mostly because most multiplayer games that I like no one else likes and my friends at school don't ever come over at my house and they only know Mario :panda: i'm the only one who knows about all these games

I play smash mario kart and other non-nintendo games locally with my friend's since we are so close together

Me! My friends were surprised that I was playing a 3ds. I'm in college btw. Word travels fast and I found more friends who are also playing with 3dses. We occasionally play pokemon

I occasionally play 3ds/ds games with my one other friend that has one. My sister sometimes plays with us cuz she has one too. We do it very rarely though, cuz we aren't into most of the same games, and none of our games have that great of multiplayer.

I mainly play games by myself, I mainly play Nintendo video games. Non of my friends play any Nintendo games, they all play COD, GTA and other games like that. My siblings don't really like video games too ;-;. Every once in a while I play with another person but I usually play solo or with someone online.

I'm really rather lonely, it seems. I don't have close-ish friends either, so whenever a game tells me "you can play locally with a friend!", I just kinda cry a little on the inside. ;w; I already feel lonely; no need to make it worse... Bratty game...

Online play can be fun. MK 7 and Smash Bros.
Other than that, I'm all aloooooone:cry::cry:

Used to, back in primary school I used to play with friends around the remaining week(s) of the school year. Even though most of the games we played were through Download Play those times were certainly cherishable.

Nowadays in high school like, nobody plays video games such as the DS and mostly stick to PlayStation or Xbox, though even then videogame-related activities are scarce either way and is rarely ever discussed.

Since then, online multiplayer has been an aspect I always look for when looking at any game that is multiplayer, has multiplayer, etc.

Back