• Start date

Who is better. Lucas or Ness?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
N

nera09

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
Ive recently been debating with my cousin about who is better. We both like both characters but we want to know who is better from others' prospective.

From a writing perspective, a representation of their games perspective, tier perspective, or a playability perspective? And are we talked Smash4 or Brawl?

Ignore me, I'm MOTHER trash

Reactions: nera09
From a writing perspective, a representation of their games perspective, tier perspective, or a playability perspective? And are we talked Smash4 or Brawl?

smash 4

and a playable perspective

and a playable perspective
wELP, can't help there. Never got the Lucas DLC. ; V ; b

Well, I guess they're both technically carbon copies of each other, albeit with a few differences in abilities and items. Other than that, there's nothing in their fighting style that seems "better" or "unique" to the other. Basically, just play as whoevers game you liked best.

I could be wrong, of course. I am kinda known for never owning and rarely even touching a SMASH game, let alone SM4SH. This whole thing was just from seeing YouTube videos about people playing as them.

I could be wrong, of course. I am kinda known for never owning and rarely even touching a SMASH game, let alone SM4SH. This whole thing was just from seeing YouTube videos about people playing as them.
I thought I was the only one.

To answer the original question, they are both pretty similar, although lucas recovery is better and ness' grab is far better. It would depend on your playstyle. If you like staying close ranged on the stage ness is the better option, although if you like to jump a lot and tend to stay more airborne lucas might be better for you.

Reactions: Aura Knight
Imagine two characters whose main playstyle is abusing combos from grabs, and strong kill trows

No imagine that one of them had a normal grab, and the other has a slow snake grab

Which one is better?

Well, I guess they're both technically carbon copies of each other, albeit with a few differences in abilities and items. Other than that, there's nothing in their fighting style that seems "better" or "unique" to the other. Basically, just play as whoevers game you liked best.

The only characters that could be called carbon copies form each other are Pit and Dark Pit (Pit mains usually main both) and maaaaaybe Marth and Lucina, but is really just Pit and Dark Pit

Even slight changes in the character can change drastically on how you have to play the character, and how matchups are deal with
There is a reason why Mario is top 5 in the game and Dr Mario being bottom 15 probably

I prefer lucas cause he is my main in smash 4 . Ness is good to but I have my reason for lucas
First thing is his Nair you can just slam down throw and nair and get a ton of Damage
Second. He is amazing at combos and spikes
Like his footstool lock combos are amazing
Third his psi magnet I believe heals more health and has a hitbox so if someone comes close you can just use down b and get rid of them easily. I guess those are some reasons I pefer lucas but ness is great too

Both are really fun characters and are both my main but as my profile picture shows I prefer Ness, Ness is just so much easier to combo people with his grabs and his PK Spark you can combo and keep someone who can't shield well in the air for pretty much forever and I prefer the PK Fire keeping someone in place as that is how I usually combo. Lucas has come strengths like his smash attacks being much better, PK Spark allowing him to travel much farther, and his snake grabbing ledges

Reactions: AricAttack
I am partially biased because I've played Mother 3 and not Earthbound but also not because I did buy the DLC. I say Lucas is better because you can use his grab as a recovery, his Up Smash has a huge hitbox and it's great for getting kills and if you want to get your opponent away from you all you need to do is dash attack, forward tilt, or a strong hit from forward tilt. I also like his jab game and PK Freeze a bit better. Ness is better when it comes to side specials, back air, and his grab game but for the most part I like Lucas better.

Reactions: AricAttack
I prefer Ness just because grabbing is a big part of how I play, and Ness is just quicker and better in that regard. Technically, I think Lucas may have the advantage in other ways (such as recovery), but Lucas doesn't have a Mr. Saturn shirt.

However, Lucas does have a Claus alt, and I will use that a lot when I do play Lucas.

Pretending this isn't about Sm4sh, I love Mother 3 and Lucas's story way more than Earthbound, but both answers are wrong because Claus is the OG Mother character.

I vote ness
1. ness is not dlc
2. lucas is kinda hard to pick up
3. ness has a better combo game as oppressed to lucas, who seems more power heavy

Not speaking from technical mumbo jumbo and competetiveness and all those details, I'll say I've more fun playing as Lucas than Ness. PK Freeze and his version of PK Fire are quite quick in my opinion and his Up Smash move can be especially powerful, save for the long time of vulnerability.

Ness is easier to pick up, Lucas has more interesting movement tech. Ness has easy kill setups and combos and really good pressure options. Lucas has a tether grab, and the ability to move himself in the stage and cause mixups with PK Fire. (It's kind of like Ryu's FADC)

Honestly Ness is better overall, and Lucas is just kind of a worse Ryu

I've always been a Ness guy myself. As people have already mentioned, his combos are typically easier to pull off. I also really like his back-air attack. People always seem to underestimate the power of the kick.

Ness is better, no contest. He has better zoning, grab game, and an effective 2-frame punish in his reverse down smash. Lucas has combo potential, but it's not nearly as good as ness' combo game. His kills don't kill nearly as early (Up smash is weaker than ness Fsmash) and lucas has more trouble in the neutral game.

My feelings for Ness and Lucas are the same for how I feel with Fox and Falco. I vote Ness because he has a unique move set at his disposal. Lucas is a clone. :/

I personally like ness better. I like his various skins are better than the ones lucas gets, and I like ness' voice-wise. Although it may seem wierd, I can not stand lucas' voice after a little while. It just gets on my nerves for some reason. I also like ness a lot more because I don't have to pay money to play as him, especially when you consider the fact the lucas is really just a ness clone. Although I don't hate lucas, I still think that ness is the better of the two.

Lucas costing money, only to be significantly worse than his counterpart, makes good lucas players really rare.

Reactions: Bagel
Back