ARMS Who thinks ARMS looks cool?

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
So, I was thinking about getting ARMS for the Nintendo Switch, and I was curious to see if you guys think it's fun or cool in any way. Personally, i don't think it looks any good. It looks more like a copy of Pokken Tournament, so if it is, it doesn't really interest me. What do you guys think? Can you shed some light on this subject? Thanks!:)

It doesn't look very similar to Pokken, IMO. They seem to play rather differently. ARMS is played from a third person, on the back perspective, for starters.

ARMs, from what I tried out a while ago, is alright to play. I'm not going to count the slight unresponsiveness and the gameplay as a whole as it was then, since it's most likely changed in that.

For me, it's a game I'd get bored with it, since the concept for it gets repetitive quite quickly for me. For the Pokken comment, I've never played Pokken, but from what I've seen of it, it's not really a copy imo. They're quite different.

ARMs does not look v gud 2 me... it is a very Nintendo concept wid cartoon violence but otherwise entire conformity... and it just looks like a Splatoon reject in terms of aesthetics so not vry kewl.

I just finished watching a really, really intense ARMS tournament that completely changed my view on the game. Before, I was just planning on getting it because there's a small Switch library at the moment. But, this tournament was so intense, with so many high level players with vastly different playstyles. The game now seems to have much more depth than most people really thought, with a variety of viable playstyles, unlike some other Nintendo fighters that can be much more... unbalanced (Bayonetta in Sm4sh).

If you're a fan of fighters, then this could be a truly fun game for you, as it breaks away from typical fighting game mold with some new style and ideas. If fighters don't typically hold your interest however, then I wouldn't suggest it.

Reactions: Blue Knight
It looks cool it also lets you play two players with someone imagine you compete with your friend it would be fun if I was to play against my family or friends I would practice first so when we fight they would be suprised o how good I am I also believe this game has a lot of downloads at first when the trailer came out it looked like a sarcastic ridiculous game for me ,but not anymore it looks cool I misunderstood it probably when the trailer was coming out I was expecting some other game to come out because Splatoon and ARMS are new games I haven't tried about ,but I might since I haven't played Splatoon 1 maybe I might get it for the switch once I get one ,but I'm not going to get the amiibos.

I do think it is a good game to play with it locally (this is what I have just tried out), the only problema is that I only own the standard pair of joy cons so no one could play with me. I have also tried online multiplayer in the global tespunch event and the online matches didn´t go very well (but that could have been a matter of my bad internet connection).

I think this game is a blast, specially if you can play it locally.

Back