Who was the scariest Zelda enemy to you?

• Thread starter harya15077
  • Start date
harya15077

harya15077

Scarring Childhoods Since 1998
Towns Folk
Which enemy gave you the shivers whenever you were exploring dungeons, the fields or anywhere else. Zelda has a large amount of enemies and while some might seem like minor threats, others are there to intimidate you. The scariest Zelda enemy to me by far are the gibdos, especially Pamela's father. I was playing the game at night when I went into Pamela's house and that gave me nightmares. Pamela's father is scarier than any gibdo and I'm just glad he's stuck in that house.
proxy

Not sure what it's called but in wind waker there is this skeleton like monster which doesn't look that scary. If you get too close it grabs link and starts repeatedly biting his head! This really made me just first time I found out as all the other enemies are more comedic than scary.

th
this is them

Pamela's Father isn't an enemy though :p No matter what or where , Redeads are always so scary >.> The way they scream and their way to inflict damage is kinda disturbing , not to mention Dead Hand ( is that how it's called ? ) which is also your avi :p

Not sure what it's called but in wind waker there is this skeleton like monster which doesn't look that scary. If you get too close it grabs link and starts repeatedly biting his head! This really made me just first time I found out as all the other enemies are more comedic than scary.

th
this is them
Those are the Redeads from LoZ : Wind Waker :p which apparently is as scary as the OoT/MM ones >.>

Reactions: Lotad Lover
While I don't find them scary anymore, the Re-Deads and Gibdos were quite frightening, especially the Gibdos as a child because I had nightmares about mummies chasing me.

The fact that they sorta jump on you from behind and do a weird glomp-you-to-death is pretty terrifying as well.

Last edited:
Yes! The re-deads were really scary to me because I had no idea they existed and Legend of Zelda doesn't seem like a game that would have that much scary stuff in it, which is true but the redeads are one of the few scary things in LoZ :eek:

Because of this thing in what seems like a harmless game, is probably scarier than like the Walking Dead or something where you can actually expect such things :c

Another one is the Dead Hand from OOT. Those arms, the boss and the whole room in general really freaked me out.

ReDeads always scare me. Their appearance is already freaky, but that scream is really terrifying. Even though Gibdos are basically the mummified ReDeads, they are just as scary. Even in Majora's Mask, you find rooms full of them, but they they are some pretty good dancers.

Alright, so back in 2008 playing the Windwaker, I was in an area, a Redead came out of a coffin, screamed so loud it almost broke my eardrums and started chomping on Toon Link's head. I immediately turned off my Wii and I kid you not, our next door neighbors came in to check on us if we're okay or not... Yeah. It was THAT loud...

When I was younger I used to be so scared of the Moblins that patrol around the Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time. Whenever they would dash at me I'd have a heart attack. I used to be scared of going into the Forest to recuse Tetra in Wind Waker when I was younger as well.

Dead Hand from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time had to be the scariest zelda enemy ive ever faced and just look how disturbing he is.And also just ook at his fudging face!He has red eyes and his body is soo ugly! I would hate to wake up in the morning and it is right there in front of me just staring. I think I would die righ away with a heart attack and I would become link lol and destroy some creatures

Last edited:
Redeads, Dead Hand, and the Floor and ceiling/wall master. no wait the Floor and ceiling/wall master are annoying enemies same can be said for the Redeads cuz if the scream it locks your controls for a bit, Dead hands same as the Redeads but not the scream it the hands that are in he's battle cuz if the grab ya it just like the Redeads screams it locks your controls for a bit was well ya know

Which enemy gave you the shivers whenever you were exploring dungeons, the fields or anywhere else. Zelda has a large amount of enemies and while some might seem like minor threats, others are there to intimidate you. The scariest Zelda enemy to me by far are the gibdos, especially Pamela's father. I was playing the game at night when I went into Pamela's house and that gave me nightmares. Pamela's father is scarier than any gibdo and I'm just glad he's stuck in that house.
proxy
Mine is always those redeads from the wind waker, their shriek always scares me and link at the same time i go panic when there close to link and then starts to eat him and press every button like crazy and press B like a maniac to kill them, the ones on OOT and MM never got me scared, but the wind waker redeads definitely got me hard. (i don't wanna be reminded about their shrieks)

Redeads and Gibdos are pretty scary. They scream at you and you freeze and then they jump at you.

The scariest Zelda enemy for me would have to be the redeads form any of the Zelda games, as they are always creepy, oddly colored, and release an ear-splitting cry when you get too close. The ones in Wind Waker could lock up your controls as well, which made them especially annoying.

I was scared of the Redeads as a child, But I guess that was natural, I mean, they have a nasty screech that they let out when you least expect it. When you think you narrowly escaped them (attempting to sneak past them) they still manage to freeze you on the spot.

Another enemy that also made me jump were the Stalchildren. I know they're weak but seeing them pop-up randomly in the Hyrule Field in Ocarina of time at night was terrifying. I used to hate the darkness because of this. xD

Hmm... I found the twilight beasts pretty disturbing. (They moved really fast when they over took Hyrule, wonder why the game didn't take advantage of that?) and you couldn't kill them one at a time, they could howl for the others to get back up and fight some more.

Dead Hand gave me nightmares for over a month when I first played Ocarina of Time, lol. ReDeads are also pretty creepy, too. But I think that the new 'thing' that was revealed in the Breath of the Wild 2 trailer is sure to give me much more nightmare fuel. ;-;

Reactions: P2.0
For me, it's probably most of the undead enemies. Like ReDeads, Gibdos, those undead Bokoblins from Skyward Sword. :cry: In case I don't say it enough, or it's my first time saying it here, at least, lemme clarify something to everyone:

I. DO NOT. LIKE UNDEAD CREATURES. If it died, STAY DEAD. Don't go reanimating with your eye(s) missing, rotting flesh falling off your bones and whatnot. D: THAT'S TERRIFYING!

i always though that deadhand was so creepy. the way that the hands grab you as he slowly inches towards you is unsettling and his face does not help either. he has some creepy grin as he comes towards you. he is a relatively easy enemy to defeat but is quite unsettling. also for some reason i thought that the stalfos were sort of scary. not in a scary way but a thrilling adrenaline rush sort of thing. thats one of the only enemies thats quite unpredictable and since it has the shield it gets super hard to land attacks and it takes of many hearts. my last creepy enemy has to be the redeads. after you travel in time the redeads are all over the town and they scream at your face. when they scream you cant move at all and they literally jump on your back and your health gradually decreases. that is sooooo creepy.

Back