Why does Everyone want themes on Switch?

• Thread starter Agentperson
  • Start date
Agentperson

Agentperson

Custom Title
Towns Folk
After watching a Video about update 5.0, I looked at the comments and there were alot (or some idk) about why there isn't themes in the new Update. Isn't black and white enough? Well we could sell them for pc here but really not worth the same as 3ds' unless they have them at the same points. I am thinking that they are are sticking with it only for the 3ds
The internet browser thou, a Whole different story

Some people just really like having their home screen more lively. I'm the type of person who uses the default wallpapers for desktops. I do actually like a majority of the 3DS themes, but I never saw the point in going out of my way to get and use them. Themes just add personality to a user's system and I feel a majority of people love to customized their layout. So they are nice to have even though I wouldn't use them myself.

Reactions: Mikaya, Samster, 28142 and 1 other person
Themes would be awesome, I didn't think I was bothered , but then I realised the 3ds ones had music aswell as pictures, I have bought a few.
It is awesome to open up a 3ds and have it play a piece of Legend of Zelda music, even if I rarely have sound on. I do hope that the background can be changed one day on the Switch, maybe a picture from screenshots if you don't want to pay for a theme.

I personally would love some themes based on Splatoon 2, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon or Mario! I find the default one pretty boring, Even some simple colours would be nice to light up the home screen. Maybe Nintendo might look into themes somewhere longer down the line? We can only hope~ ;u;

background can be changed one day on the Switch, maybe a picture from screenshots if you don't want to pay for a theme.

That would a good idea actually, I could set my theme as the results screen of a Splatoon 2 match in which I achieved a high splat ratio (I have a collection of those). xd

Reactions: Furyofthestorm78
Even though I like the white theme in my Switch, I wanted more expansion of theme colors rather than just black and white, so that I can pick any color to my liking. Why, when 3DS started to have themes, it also have more personalized colors (I think around 6, counting the default white) even before purchasing themes like Kirby or Pikachu theme.

And having themes based on games like Pokémon, Kirby and some others in my Switch would be a nice idea as well.

Because they're still awesome on the 3ds.
It's great to open your 3ds and here the music that comes with the theme (I got tired of the default music) with an awesome background to boot.
I love opening my 3ds to hear this

Because they're still awesome on the 3ds.
It's great to open your 3ds and here the music that comes with the theme (I got tired of the default music) with an awesome background to boot.
I love opening my 3ds to hear this
I know it is but it isn't the same for Xbox or Ps4, so why people beg for themes On Switch but not a PS4?

I know it is but it isn't the same for Xbox or Ps4, so why people beg for themes On Switch but not a PS4?

...because we're Nintendo fans...?
Besides, it's not like a feature has to exist on the PS4 for us to want it here...

Reactions: Furyofthestorm78
The 3DS had themes so I don't see a reason for the Nintendo Switch to not have themes, considering it'd be profitable to Nintendo and a great customization option for users. Some of the themes on the 3DS were really awesome and unique. I liked the tiny details to the buttons and the change of folder appearance and the music.

I do expect that themes will come at some point though :p

The style of themes from the playstation 3 and 4 are simple enough that it could work in theory for a system like the switch. I don't need anything crazy like some of the 3ds ones but I like some color. That being said, I am one of those who's fine with the base color white / black themes.

Something colorful and fun with a splash of color like the persona 4 aesthetic, could be nice!

I have seen some awsome themes on ps4. My bro had a tron lightcycle one which was dope, though i don’t expect something like that on switch. The key is customization. People like changing out joycons, why not changing the menu too?

Back