S.T.E.A.M. Why the late European version of CodeName S.T.E.A.M.?

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date

Lime Pawpaw
Towns Folk
I can't fathom for the life of me why Nintendo left the European version of CodeName S.T.E.A.M. till mid-May. Does it have to do with them having not marketed the game enough in Europe and intending to start marketing it there now?
I can't find anything on it at all :panda:

It doesn't affect me (NA 3DS) although I think I'll have to wait till June or July to get the game for myself, but it makes me curious, and every opportunity to criticize region-locking should be taken anyway :p

Reactions: PersonSP
Usually, it has to do with localization, distribution or legal stuff =/ Depending on the companies, some don't produce the European versions (containing all the languages) at the same time as the other version (NA) which might create some delay for the release.

Reactions: 18
Knowing that North America is the main place for Nintendo to release stuff first . I quite expected the Europe users to get a delay in the release of the game . Also as Sunny said , it takes some localization and distribution things . If only Nintendo would be more caring to the Europe people , then it would be really nice . I am sure There are a lot of Nintendo fans in the Europe of the game :/

I can't fathom for the life of me why Nintendo left the European version of CodeName S.T.E.A.M. till mid-May. Does it have to do with them having not marketed the game enough in Europe and intending to start marketing it there now?

It doesn't affect me (NA 3DS) although I think I'll have to wait till June or July to get the game for myself, but it makes me curious, and every opportunity to criticize region-locking should be taken anyway :p
One sentence: Nintendo hates PAL region. That's all. It's because we use PAL video mode I suppose. Or simply because Nintendo really messed up all of their decisions when it comes to Europe (and not only EU, but AU as well).

Usually, it has to do with localization, distribution or legal stuff =/ Depending on the companies, some don't produce the European versions (containing all the languages) at the same time as the other version (NA) which might create some delay for the release.
Actually, it's irrelevant, and that is often used as a lame excuse that have been proven wrong many times. Nintendo had proven by the past that they were able to translate games quickly. And heck, even small indie companies can be fast at translating games that might have more lines of system text and dialogues than S.T.E.A.M.

Because, if we were getting on that theory, how could one explain why Australia gets games later than us, though they do have only a few differences with the USA and the UK when it comes to grammar ? It's weird, right ?

Otherwise, take the example of SSBBrawl. We got it also a year after NA and JP, and I highly doubt it's because of the voices/translation, because on that point, SSB4's translation and localization clearly was faster, even though there's more content to do.

In any case, I keep wondering indeed why we (AU and EU) get screwed (when it comes to release dates) every time a video game is announced.

The part that kills me is how Codename STEAM starts in London, which is in England, which is in Europe.

Ugh.

Reactions: D4rkDragon

I don't think it a translation issue so I can think of only two things:
1. Marketing; though it would be a strange strategy. It's more or less; any attention, including negative attention ups the sales. (That's actually a proven theory.) By being late in Europe more people will complain and the whole web will be buzzing with questions about S.T.E.A.M.. There are a lot of more favourable strategies but maybe they're just plain stupid?
2. Legal issues; maybe there are some rules in some EU countries that make releasing the game harder. I can't think of any but who knows? Maybe they're having a hard time getting all rights reserved or something like that.

Or there is some obscure reason to mock all EU users by releasing everything late or not all.

Reactions: D4rkDragon and 18
I had found once why Nintendo does realease games for EU later then for NA, but I can't find it anymore, not even in watched videos history, I remember that I hit the like button on it, but I can nkt find it between my liked videos..

I had found once why Nintendo does realease games for EU later then for NA, but I can't find it anymore, not even in watched videos history, I remember that I hit the like button on it, but I can nkt find it between my liked videos..
Maybe the whole video was deleted?

Maybe it was, I do not know :/
Do you have any idea what it was called?

If i remember correctly it was called something like this: Why Nintendo games comes earlyer to NA than EU [explained]. And it was from famous channel, because it had custom thumbnail on the video.. @PersonSP

Can't find it either :confused:

Too bad :/ I remember that it was about all 3DS games, not only about Codename S.T.E.A.M. @PersonSP

Too bad :/ I remember that it was about all 3DS games, not only about Codename S.T.E.A.M. @PersonSP
I know, that's why I was interested

Reactions: xkeksasx
Back