Why The Splatoon Amiibo are worth the money

• Thread starter Bagel
  • Start date
Bagel

Bagel

we do a little trolling
Towns Folk
In this Thread I will talk about why the splatoon amiibo are worth the money.
The First reason is that it gives you new items. Each Amiibo gives you 3 Pieces of Gear, a Arcade game to play, and a replica of the weapon you used for the amiibo challenges. The Amiibo Squid gives you a robot suit, the arcade game squid beatz, and the Hero Splattershot Replica. The inkling girl gives you a school outfit, the arcade game squid ball, and the Hero Charger Replica. The inkling boy gives you a samurai outfit, the arcade game Squid Racer, and the hero roller replica. Beating the challenges gives you cash-A LOT of cash.
When you do the challenges, they're different from the normal campaign with stuff like limited ink, using a different weapon, Or instead of being a squid, you are a kracken! These Challenges provide a nice difference in the gameplay than always using your splattershot.
When you do finish the challenges, the replay abillity is good if you want to have a different experience of the single player campaign.
The Amiibo are a great idea for extra content and a difference single player experience

I enjoyed the challenges, getting the gear and an extra weapon, but I wish there was more to unlock. The exclusive gear is nice and all, but tbh, I don't even use them in general. I got the Inkling girl Amiibo myself. The Charger Replica is cool, but kinda lame as it's just like a normal charger, it should have increased stats. I completed the challenges pretty quickly, they should've been a least a little difficult.

Reactions: Bagel
Like Miko said, there should have been more to them. I like the weapon the male inkling comes with - Gold Dynamo Roller. It's pretty useful despite it's general slowness, however nothing about it is particularly different than the Dynamo Roller in terms of stats, lol. The only remaining benefit of getting the Splatoon amiibo is cherishing their designs. xP

Reactions: Mikaya
I got the three pack, and I love the extra gold from the missions. For the most part they were easy to beat and didn't take me too long.

I got the three pack, and I love the extra gold from the missions.
If only the rewards didn't dwindle so much upon completing a mission, for it kills the repeatability of the missions. Ah well, online play is still a much more efficient way to earn gold. :p

Reactions: sonicandres1
They can be worth the money, depending what game you buy.
Let me explain; if you buy games such as "Splatoon", it can be worth a while, but ones you finish the modes with them, they become useless, a lot in fact. The only way in which a splatoon amiibo can be a use, is by buying other games in which allow that certain amiibo. There is cons and pros with these amiibos, but for now; they can be worth if you are in love with Splatoon, if you aren't it isn't worth the money to spend. Feel free to disagree, but I'm giving my personal opinion. :)

I be getting them to get since I don't have the game. XD

Amiibos are worth it and are better than you're standered by buy digital DLC to get new stuff and yada yada. Plus you get a lot from the amiibos , gear, cosplay weapons, mini games to play before match and in the plaza. I like how amiibo are like little action figures that you can use in game. I also use amiibos as a reference when I try to draw an inkling or the squid sisters.

Skylanders Started it all. So maybe we should thank Skylanders for giving these games the idea for it. :)

Eh, it's not useful for me at all because I'm a 3DS user and not only that but my only game with amiibo features is Smash
:meh:

Eh, it's not useful for me at all because I'm a 3DS user and not only that but my only game with amiibo features is Smash
:meh:
Well you can use them on the animal crossing new leaf welcome amiibo. To get stuff. So it is still good for 3ds users if they had that game.

But I don't got AC so still, not usefull

Back