Wii Shop Closes in 2019

• Thread starter N3DSXL
  • Start date
May the Wii Shop theme Rest In Peace.

Scatter and Hack! :3 You can always go online to get the wads. NO I AM NOT PROMOTING IT! I AM JUST SAYIN'

It's like Nintendo's favorite word is "discontinue"... :(

It's like Nintendo's favorite word is "discontinue"... :(
They can't keep things open forever. It cost money to run servers, and if they aren't making any money off of it they shouldn't keep it open. Plus it's still over a year away. They gave you plenty of forward notice. Honestly it surprises me more that it's still running.

They can't keep things open forever. It cost money to run servers, and if they aren't making any money off of it they shouldn't keep it open. Plus it's still over a year away. They gave you plenty of forward notice. Honestly it surprises me more that it's still running.

It is sad to see Nintendo discontinuing Wii Shop, but who uses it anymore with sites like We Hack Wii to give so many Wii Wads. After everyone hacked their Wiis, it just seems pointless to keep the Wii Shop up! It does cost to keep up the servers! It is kinda like Mediafire or Mega, the companies have to keep up the servers to send out the apps and games! Since the Wii is not receiving any money from the Wii Store, the Wii Store will just become void. There is also the fact that the Wii has stop producing, so that is also another thing to think about! You can also think about how the Wii is becoming sorta useless since the Wii U can play Wii games! It does suck that the Wii Shop is closing, but then again, who uses it?

I feels like Nintendo's been discontinuing a lot of stuff, huh?

I feels like Nintendo's been discontinuing a lot of stuff, huh?
True. There was the Nintendo DSi Shop, soon Miiverse and Wii U Chat, and now this.

Back