Wii U Gamepad or TV?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
Do you prefer to play on the Wii u gamepad or on the larger TV screen? give your reasons why!

I prefer the larger screen. You can see so much more! Although the compact screen is neat. xD

I prefer the larger screen, except for when I am playing games that I'm not all that fond of, such as New Super Mario Bros. U.

Now when I get Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World, it'll obviously be big screen all the time.

I usually play on the Wii U GamePad, mostly because I like playing games while watching something on TV, but whenever I get a new game, the first couple of days, I'll play it on the TV to experience the game on a larger screen.

I like to play on the TV because of the big screen and the 1080p HD, It is a lot more fun to play on and if I have people over playing with me it is almost impossible to play by myself on a small screen, that's why I like the TV

I usually only play watching the TV screen if I don't have the gamepad and using a Wiimote (ie. if mom and I were playing together she hogs the gamepad)

Otherwise I actually play while watching the gamepad screen when possible. It's mostly due to my bad motor skills and that I need my eyes checked, so I have to look down where I'm playing. That's why I typically like handhelds better as well.

I tend to use the Gamepad screen but I want to start using my TV, mainly because the colors are more vibrant on a TV. But for whatever reason now when I play a game on a big screen I do horrid...

I prefer the big screen because it looks better and of course, it's larger.

I've only played a little of Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8 on the GamePad but that was mainly to try it out for the sake of trying it out. When I want to play a game and enjoy it, I watch my television screen.

I only use the Wii U Gamepad when the family are watching something on TV. I mostly want to use the TV when playing the games though.

Umm i prefer the gamepad when i am somewhere else or playing single player games and the Tv when i am playing a multiplayer game.

Although I prefer the TV, I can't usually use it since my parents use it quite often. Luckily, the Wii U Gamepad has it's own screen, so I can use that screen to play my games. The only downside is that not all games have off TV support, like Splatoon.

Bid screen! Of course, whenever my parents use the tv, I will use the gamepad to play. Perfecto! My main controller for the wii u is the gamepad though because it is so awesome!

I usually use the gamepad, but recently got another TV, so I decided to try it out. The TV screen seems to make objects and text somewhat blurry (either that, or I just haven't gotten used to the screen... or my vision is troublesome >_<). I almost always play virtual console games on my gamepad just because it looks and feels better.

Reactions: Chronal
Gamepad! I use the gamepad constantly, especially for SSB4 and things like that. Small objects just look... Sharper... somehow.

I like using the Gamepad for any Virutal Console games and the TV screen for Wii U specific games. Since the Wii U specific games are the only ones that I really care about the graphics for (meaning I find them pretty and think they add a bit of style to the game, not that they need to have good graphics for me to buy them.) I feel they're the only ones that need a TV. The VC games are perfectly fine on the Wii U Gamepad screen, and this allows me to treat it like a pseudo-handheld and be able to get food and drinks while playing.

As long as both screens aren't the same, I use the tv. Double screening hurts my eyes.

TV by FAR. The game looks so much better on the TV, the gamepad just doesn't produce as good an image. The only time I ever look at the gamepad is in Nintendo Land when the gamepad is used differently than the TV. Honestly the way the gamepad was used in Mario Chase and Luigi's Mansion game is how the gamepad should be used. It should have a focus on multiplayer games like Nintendo Land where the person on the gamepad does something different and the people on the television can't look at it or something. I even think having a split screen between the gamepad and TV

While I do think both are great for different uses, by far TV.

The game looks SO EYEGASMING on the TV. It's brighter, and more colorful in my opinion. While I really like the gamepad's unique features, I really think the Wii U shouldn't rely on it so much. Why do you need the gamepad to set it up? Uploading videos? Especially since I slammed my controller on my gamepad. D:

Fixed one is coming next Tuesday though :D

Reactions: Chronal
I use one or the other depending on the game I'm playing like if I'm playing splatoon I would use the TV and if I was playing binding of Isaac I would use the gamepad.

I used to play using the GamePad unless TV was required. Ever since I got my desktop and have a monitor for gaming next to my computer monitor, I haven't played using just the GamePad since. Can't believe I used to play on it solely looking back.

When playing (most) Singleplayer games I prefer the tv. With games like Mario Maker or a Multiplayer game I prefer the gamepad. I'll pretty much use the gamepad whenever I can. Though When I get Xenoblade Chronicles X I'm going for the TV!

Back