Wii U Mini?

• Thread starter Slayerpon Tatsu
  • Start date
Slayerpon Tatsu

Slayerpon Tatsu

The Nopon King of EXP and Hater of Ignorance
Banned User
So I just randomly came up with this horrible idea. Since there was the Wii mini and 2ds, what if there was a budget version of the Wii u, but mini? Basically, everything would be reduced such as data, gamepad size, game library, and features. It would be like a party Wii u which its sole purpose is to just play games and go on the Internet. Nothing more nothing less.

Isn't one of the Wii U versions really small in terms of storage already? Like 8GB? If you're making that smaller, then that would kinda suck. You might have to end up deleting game data even without having downloaded games onto it.

Not to mention that even if it doesn't sound like a good idea commercially, I really really doubt Nintendo would do a good job on it. They did a passable job with the 2DS but that's all that was, passable. If, however, Nintendo had some miracle level designers and coders and whatever else to create the smaller console it would probably still flop and not sell as much like the Wii U did initially at launch.

Reactions: Mikaya
Isn't one of the Wii U versions really small in terms of storage already? Like 8GB? If you're making that smaller, then that would kinda suck. You might have to end up deleting game data even without having downloaded games onto it.

Not to mention that even if it doesn't sound like a good idea commercially, I really really doubt Nintendo would do a good job on it. They did a passable job with the 2DS but that's all that was, passable. If, however, Nintendo had some miracle level designers and coders and whatever else to create the smaller console it would probably still flop and not sell as much like the Wii U did initially at launch.
Tru. Granted the purpose of this is for parties, so only physical multiplayer games or small digital games would be playable. So no Xenoblade chronicles X. :p

Of Nintendo could just make a Wii u with more storage

Reactions: Valkyri
How about no?

How about no?
Wynaut. It be better than bringing your own Wii u. It sort of be like a disposable camera, except it plays games

Wynaut. It be better than bringing your own Wii u. It sort of be like a disposable camera, except it plays games
Well I kinda said no to the "reduced storage" part, which would mean anything you get on eShop would be useless without external hard drive >.>

Well I kinda said no to the "reduced storage" part, which would mean anything you get on eShop would be useless without external hard drive >.>
Well it could have the same storage, just be portable or something. As long as they don't do what they did with the Wii mini, they should be fine

Well it could have the same storage, just be portable or something. As long as they don't do what they did with the Wii mini, they should be fine
Idk, I wasn't a fan on Wii mini, so Wii U Mini already sounded like a turnoff in my head >.<

Idk, I wasn't a fan on Wii mini, so Wii U Mini already sounded like a turnoff in my head >.<
Wii u mini could be a good idea. Heck when Nintendo is desperate they might even make this. The party package bundle with Mario kart and Nintendo land and then bam, dollars everywhere

Wii u mini could be a good idea. Heck when Nintendo is desperate they might even make this. The party package bundle with Mario kart and Nintendo land and then bam, dollars everywhere
If it works then it works. If not then I have my own Wii U. And if I needed to I can take it on the go (I've done it before =p)

If it works then it works. If not then I have my own Wii U. And if I needed to I can take it on the go (I've done it before =p)
Once again, it's fine if you take your own Wii u places. The Wii u mini could honestly just transport multiplayer games and act as a child proof 2ds

Once again, it's fine if you take your own Wii u places. The Wii u mini could honestly just transport multiplayer games and act as a child proof 2ds
Whatever floats yer boat

But I don't like boats. I prefer Planes
d4f4132b12b7bbd4e679446811254d33.jpg

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
But the Wii u mini would be a nice thing. Along with the Internet, videogames, and food, which I'm pretty sure everyone on this site has

But the Wii u mini would be a nice thing. Along with the Internet, videogames, and food, which I'm pretty sure everyone on this site has
It could be a nice thing if it works how you're planning for it to work.
But another thing would be why? I mean if Nintendo already has plans for NX then what's the point of doing a Wii U Mini >.<

It could be a nice thing if it works how you're planning for it to work.
But another thing would be why? I mean if Nintendo already has plans for NX then what's the point of doing a Wii U Mini >.<
To be fair, they made the Wii mini around Wii u confirmation

To be fair, they made the Wii mini around Wii u confirmation
And how'd that end up

And how'd that end up
Not very well. But eh, they still got more money so yay them

Not very well. But eh, they still got more money so yay them
yay them =p

Back