will 4th gen remakes be on NS or 3DS

• Thread starter Retro The Dutchie
  • Start date
Retro The Dutchie

Retro The Dutchie

THE GALAGA GOD (if i had a Galaga machine XP)
Towns Folk
what are yalls opinions?

I'd like to think the 3DS will have it. Even though it's on its way out soon, it would probably be best to end the 3DS on a high note. And what better way to end it on that than a remake of Diamond and Pearl? They'd likely make a lot of money out of it as well, regardless of what system its on.

Cue everyone bagging Gen V as the worst generation ever when that happens. Meanwhile I've been doing that before it becomes cool.

Reactions: Kadaj
Just a little bit of fan art, but the idea is out there :p If they were to do this, I think it would be later this year or sometime next year.
latest

Most likely Switch. If anything, the 3DS could conceivably get it... As a New 3DS exclusive.

I'd prefer it if DP got their remakes on the most powerful Nintendo hardware around, and that's the Switch (which also happens to be a handheld console, technically) and it can serve as a high sales booster, given how much market strength the Pokemon franchise has.

I think it could happen on the Switch, I would think for Nintendo it would be a good selling product for the Switch! However it is kinda weird at the same time reviving a game that game out a little while ago especially after Sun & Moon came out, but I still think it could most definitely work :)

Didn't The Pokemon Company reveal that the main story Pokemon games weren't coming to the Switch? If that's true, I don't think we're going to see remakes of 4th gen Pokemon games on it.

I also doubt they'll be made for the 3DS.

I kinda feel like, at least for the next Pokemon game, Nintendo should put it on both the Switch and 3DS. That way people have time to switch (no pun intended) over to the newer console. Then Nintendo can abandon the 3DS.
However it is kinda weird at the same time reviving a game that game out a little while ago especially after Sun & Moon came out, but I still think it could most definitely work :)
I agree. It is a little weird that they would remake a game that honestly wasn't made too long ago. I don't think it really needs a reboot.

Didn't The Pokemon Company reveal that the main story Pokemon games weren't coming to the Switch? If that's true, I don't think we're going to see remakes of 4th gen Pokemon games on it.

I also doubt they'll be made for the 3DS.

IIRC They've only said that main-series titles are usually on handhelds and that spin-offs are much preferred when it comes to making titles on consoles and that they would be changing that up by developing on the Switch. No such word on whether or not the main series titles would be on the Switch.

If anything they have two options at this point; make main-series titles on a soon-to-be dead system (which they have admittedly done in the past), or make them on the Switch which is portable but more of a hybrid than anything else. Unless Nintendo unveils the New 6DS+ handheld in the next few years.

I don't want a diamond and pearl remake! I want a black and white remake! remake them all! Remake red and blue again REMAKE EVERYTHING! Can we just have new gens and not remakes of old games? we have the diamond and pearl already on the ds just not a 3ds game there isn't a point in making a remake of it.

I don't want a diamond and pearl remake! I want a black and white remake! remake them all! Remake red and blue again REMAKE EVERYTHING! Can we just have new gens and not remakes of old games? we have the diamond and pearl already on the ds just not a 3ds game there isn't a point in making a remake of it.

"we have the diamond and pearl already on the ds just not a 3ds game there isn't a point in making a remake of it." That's the entire point of a remake. Sure they don't have to do it per se but claiming that you already have the games as a reason not to remake them isn't a valid reason.

The reasoning is twofold; first, while Gen IV is indeed on the DS, the games themselves no longer have online multiplayer support and are increasingly hard to find/expensive, not to mention that the Switch possibly getting new Pokemon main-series games means a 2 console generation gap between the remakes and the originals. It makes sense to remake those games so they may be played by their current younger generation who weren't around or old enough to get into the DS games.

Second, if it makes them some easy profit out of nostalgia factor then of course they'll jump onto that. The exception thus far having been Gen V, but releasing B2/W2 instead of Grey kinda normalised that.

I'd like to think the 3DS will have it. Even though it's on its way out soon, it would probably be best to end the 3DS on a high note. And what better way to end it on that than a remake of Diamond and Pearl? They'd likely make a lot of money out of it as well, regardless of what system its on.

Cue everyone bagging Gen V as the worst generation ever when that happens. Meanwhile I've been doing that before it becomes cool.

Wha..? People think gen 5 was junk ? That was one of my favorites hehe :p oh well, guess you cant please or convince everyone XD i do agree making it for 3ds would be a good way to end 3ds launches, that would be pretty nice :p

However, i remember asking myself some time ago during my lunch (some days ago idk when though) what pokemon would be like on the switch, and that really caught my interest and i was pretty thoughtful/ curious about how that would turn out. I still find myself quite curious about how launching a pokemon game on the switch would turn out. Me personally, id love to see that happen even if it isn't with gen 4 remake that it goes to if nintendo does that ! :p

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
Wha..? People think gen 5 was junk ? That was one of my favorites hehe :p oh well, guess you cant please or convince everyone XD i do agree making it for 3ds would be a good way to end 3ds launches, that would be pretty nice :p

It's a joke on the trend that a majority of Pokemon fans seem to have a go at the next generation after a new remake comes out, i.e. when HGSS was released, Gen III was the unpopular generation. ORAS comes out and it shifts to generation IV. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens to generation V when the IV remakes come around.

Reactions: Kadaj
It's a joke on the trend that a majority of Pokemon fans seem to have a go at the next generation after a new remake comes out, i.e. when HGSS was released, Gen III was the unpopular generation. ORAS comes out and it shifts to generation IV. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens to generation V when the IV remakes come around.

Lol wow thats pretty funny (and a bit weird but oh well XD) i never knew about that :p thanks for clearing that up for me !

Interesting how and why people do those sort of things, i find it strange but also quite fascinating

If it's for Gen 7, it's 99.99% going to be on the 3ds.

Nintendo so far, has launched games of a particular generation on a single console. So, it's unlikely that we would get a gen 7 game first on the 3ds, then on the Switch. This is similarly what happened with gen 5. The 3ds was already out. However, both black/white and b2/w2 appeared on the normal DS.

If gen 4 is a remake in gen 8, then it depends if gen 8 is on the Switch or not.

Of course, unless Nintendo decides to "Switch" things up.... (i have no regrets)

Back