Will you still play the 3DS once the Switch comes out?

• Thread starter King Of 3D
  • Start date
King Of 3D

King Of 3D

Pedia Mastermind
Towns Folk
I personally will never stop playing the 3DS (but I might play less 3DS and more the switch once it comes out) but in my opinion a system is never "dead" because think about it like this: The GameCube is still popular today and a TON of people still Speed-Run it and play their games, so I think it will never actually "dead" (or at least for me)!
So what do you guys think? Tell me by commenting (or replying, same thing for me) your thoughts and like always have a great day :)

I will most likely play 3DS after Switch comes out because I spent most of my money and I don't have enough for a new TV and the console anymore :cry:

Yes, because I got Pokemon Moon on launch and I want to finally complete a Pokedex for once. :D And I still have many DS and 3DS games I want to play. But if the Switch can play DS and 3DS games, I would still play my 3DS just because I downloaded games on it, like Terraria and Cave Story.

Probably i will still play with my 3DS until i get the Switch (which i hope it happens on July-November 2017 :T).
Im pretty sure i will end up forgetting my Wii U and both of my 3DS when i get Switch, :v

Probably, but not as often. It depends how the Switch holds up my interest.

I hAvnt really read up on the switch. So I would have to look it up research it and new games to see if it's even worth my money. Though I will never stop playing my 3Ds or my sisters Wii U they will never be "dead" to me.

Maybe every once and a while but probably not. I haven't really played it that much in the past two years and once Nintendo inevitably stops making games for it I'll have even less reason to.

I really don't know if i will switch my 3ds with switch :p. For me it depends on game line for that console and factor Like if nintedo decide to make further game of pokemon on switch then i am surely going to purchase it but i don't think even then i will totally stop using my nintedo 3ds .Well let's what happens.

When the Nintendo Switch comes out I will play both my 3DS and the Switch, however, what WILL be neglected will be my Wii U. That will become quite obsolete when the Switch comes out. The Switch (as far as I can tell) is everything the Wii U should've been and more and it will be compact-able/portable. However, the 3DS for me stood out what with the various internal customisation and the great game line. Personally, when the Switch comes out I will play both, however, I have strong feeling my Wii U will sit in the corner collecting dust, but who knows I could be wrong.

Reactions: Marc
Just to give you an idea the survivability of older consoles and the fear of their abandonment, I'm still playing on a physical N64. The 3DS will no doubt see loyal activity from this playah. ^~^

After Pokemon Sun/Moon, probably not. I foresee me playing Pokemon Moon for a long time :panda: especially since in 2017 the competitive community will be built up to where XY/ORAS left off or even further.

I might stop playing my Wii U though when the Switch gets Splatoon, Smash and Zelda BotW.

When it first comes out(Or rather when I first get it) I will probably binge any new game I get but I will most likely just play my 3ds games in between each game purchase until I start to build up a good collection.

I have never put down a system unless it has stopped working for whatever reason, so yes, I'll continue to play my 3DS when the Switch comes out.

I do think it sucks that this one won't be backwards compatible with either the Wii-U or the 3DS, but hey, it's a new Nintendo system. We'll learn to love it.

I don't have loads on cash to burn so yeah, definitely keeping to the 3DS. xD No point of getting rid of perfectly good games if they're still awesome!

If the Switch gets Pokemon and Monster Hunter, I certainly wont have as many reasons to pick up my 3DS. I can't see myself completely Switching over until the switch gets a deep library of games though. (See what I did there?)

It will depend on the available games. If they stop releasing games for the 3DS (which I doubt) then yes, probably. If they release the games for the 3DS and the Switch, then I'll probably drop the 3DS too.

I guess I will see? I'll keep my console for a while and will check out the upcoming games.

Yes of course i'm still going to play the 3ds when the switch comes out. And not less more likely equal I love the 3ds with a passion.there are many games I love that are just for the 3ds and that makes me happy,so yeah i'm sticking with my baby.

In the end, now that I think about it I will most definitely play both because as I looked through my collection of games I realised there have been games I loved that won't be released for the Switch and I think back to all the fun I had and I can never imagine how I could ever stop playing. I think the more games and consoles Nintendo releases the less free time I'll have until I inevitably become an insomniac gamer.

Yeah I will play my 3DS when switch comes out

Because the 3DS has a huge library of great games right now. With the Switch, it'll take years to build up a library of games. 3DS is a great investment imo, you really can't go wrong.

I remember when the DS was announced, Nintendo made it clear the the DS was not replacing the Gameboy, and this was true for a few years, but eventually the DS did replace the Gameboy. I expect if the Switch is a success in a few years we will see a Switch Lite :D and Nintendo will phase out the 3DS.

Of course! I just recently received and picked up some 3DS games. Now it's true that I have way less new 3DS games to buy in the future.( as of this moment in time) Even though most of my play time will be on the switch I will still play games for my 3DS.

Back