Gen 4 Worst Pokemon Generation?

• Thread starter VirtulJordan
  • Start date
VirtulJordan

VirtulJordan

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
I love the Pokemon series, and through its games and anime, I tend to stick very closely to it. While I hold the series near and dear to my heart, I can still admit when the series takes a step backward. This, for me, was Gen 4, Diamond and Pearl.

Everyone today begs for the Pokemon Company to remake Gen 4, and to a point, I can see why. Was the Gen as a whole 1 big letdown? Debatably yes, but that's where a remake could work. Diamond and Pearl had a lot of neat concepts but it never acted on them. However, a remake could very well help fix what was wrong with the original games. Similar to Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver being amazing remakes that improved upon the source games tremendously.

Now some people don't think it's as bad as it's claimed to be, and that's fine, that's a reasonable opinion. But compared to all of the other Generations it has to be the worst among them. Even pokemon X and Y, one of the more looked down upon Generations, is still leaps and bounds ahead of that game in more ways than one. But what do you think? Is there a Generation worse than 4? Are you still begging for a Gen 4 remake?

Keeping in mind of course that this is an opinion discussion, I'm not quite sure what your explanation behind Gen 4 being the worst or "a step backwards" is beyond something vague about concepts. Also, comparing a game later on in the franchise to an earlier one and praising it for being better is a bit unfair IMO. Of course something later on will be better, it's more polished.

For me, the gameplay and mechanics are surely more polished than prior generations; heck, even online features and Day/Night cycle from Gen II made a comeback (yep, online features were a thing back in Gen II. Specifically Japanese Crystal's Goldenrod Pokecenter.) I assume it's about story/plot then? If so, that felt much better than the prior "we steal Pokemon for profit/we want to increase the landmass/seas" subplot.

Diamond and Pearl really stuck out to me with its mythology and making you question a lot about the world you were immersed in. Call me a sucker for mythos but the amount of lore and backstory that they put into the Sinnoh was pretty amazing (as is to be expected when it comes to the creation of the universe and the human spirit), not to mention the callbacks to Gen II's Johto (widely considered to be one of, if not the best generation in the franchise) sprinkled into the game.

As for mine, Gen V has been and always will be the worst generation. I am willing to admit that its plot is solid and the ethics of Team Plasma made them more dynamic than "we want to destroy or profit for the lulz" (which tbh is probably why I also like Team Magma/Aqua), but a lot of things didn't gel well with me in that generation. The sprites being animated while a pretty impressive feat was horrifying to look at as a sprite artist, and the overall color of the game was too gritty and dull for my liking. Diamond and Pearl notably toned down the color to RSE before it, but it was still lively and natural.

I was also not a big fan of prior Pokemon being locked out until post-game; it felt like the the franchise was trying to cut off ties with its roots and alienate itself which is the first and only time IIRC that they did that. But most of all I despise Black 2 and White 2. To be fair I haven't played either of these titles yet but that's irrelevant to why I hate them. It's obvious Game Freak were trying to milk even more money out of fans in spite of their "we're trying to change up the formula" reasoning, when they could've just made Gray/Grey and just called it a day. The fact that it's happening again with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon tells me they're just being overtly greedy.

Finally, it's interesting to note that the pattern concerning least popular generations in a majority of fans goes like this:
  1. Hate on the generation after the one that the current remake is based on.
  2. Keep on hating until remake of that generation is announced/released, therefore becoming the "cool" generation.
  3. Rinse and repeat.
Hopefully there will be actual points discussed here from everyone on why they considers their respective generation to be the worst.

Reactions: 2071 and VirtulJordan
Speaking of the X and Y remake there is an image of Xerneas fused with Zygarde and Yveltel fused with Zygarde which is basically copying Ultra Sun and Moon. Apparently these 2 game are in a magazine and it's said to be a leak for the remake.These two games are called Pokemon XZ and Pokemon YZ and the thing is it looks real here's a photo.image.jpegJordan since you are good with the facts you can take it from here because I haven't done much research on this.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2 and VirtulJordan
Speaking of the X and Y remake there is an image of Xerneas fused with Zygarde and Yveltel fused with Zygarde which is basically copying Ultra Sun and Moon. Apparently these 2 game are in a magazine and it's said to be a leak for the remake.These two games are called Pokemon XZ and Pokemon YZ and the thing is it looks real here's a photo.View attachment 16980Jordan since you are good with the facts you can take it from here because I haven't done much research on this.
I have yet to hear any news about this but when I start seeing some articles pop i'll be sure to let you guys know its offical

Reactions: Dark Link
I had also seen a (Fake) remake of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire that was called Pokemon:Raging Ruby and Pokemon:Storming Sapphire.Now whoever thought of this was kinda dumb given by the fact that would be a remake of a remake but the name is pretty good so I'll give that credit but I honestly think a remake for it won't happen anytime soon.

Keeping in mind of course that this is an opinion discussion, I'm not quite sure what your explanation behind Gen 4 being the worst or "a step backwards" is beyond something vague about concepts. Also, comparing a game later on in the franchise to an earlier one and praising it for being better is a bit unfair IMO. Of course something later on will be better, it's more polished.

For me, the gameplay and mechanics are surely more polished than prior generations; heck, even online features and Day/Night cycle from Gen II made a comeback (yep, online features were a thing back in Gen II. Specifically Japanese Crystal's Goldenrod Pokecenter.) I assume it's about story/plot then? If so, that felt much better than the prior "we steal Pokemon for profit/we want to increase the landmass/seas" subplot.

Diamond and Pearl really stuck out to me with its mythology and making you question a lot about the world you were immersed in. Call me a sucker for mythos but the amount of lore and backstory that they put into the Sinnoh was pretty amazing (as is to be expected when it comes to the creation of the universe and the human spirit), not to mention the callbacks to Gen II's Johto (widely considered to be one of, if not the best generation in the franchise) sprinkled into the game.

As for mine, Gen V has been and always will be the worst generation. I am willing to admit that its plot is solid and the ethics of Team Plasma made them more dynamic than "we want to destroy or profit for the lulz" (which tbh is probably why I also like Team Magma/Aqua), but a lot of things didn't gel well with me in that generation. The sprites being animated while a pretty impressive feat was horrifying to look at as a sprite artist, and the overall color of the game was too gritty and dull for my liking. Diamond and Pearl notably toned down the color to RSE before it, but it was still lively and natural.

I was also not a big fan of prior Pokemon being locked out until post-game; it felt like the the franchise was trying to cut off ties with its roots and alienate itself which is the first and only time IIRC that they did that. But most of all I despise Black 2 and White 2. To be fair I haven't played either of these titles yet but that's irrelevant to why I hate them. It's obvious Game Freak were trying to milk even more money out of fans in spite of their "we're trying to change up the formula" reasoning, when they could've just made Gray/Grey and just called it a day. The fact that it's happening again with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon tells me they're just being overtly greedy.

Finally, it's interesting to note that the pattern concerning least popular generations in a majority of fans goes like this:
  1. Hate on the generation after the one that the current remake is based on.
  2. Keep on hating until remake of that generation is announced/released, therefore becoming the "cool" generation.
  3. Rinse and repeat.
Hopefully there will be actual points discussed here from everyone on why they considers their respective generation to be the worst.
Well, of course, I wanted to keep my post nice and short, so I didn't go too deep into my reasoning as to why Gen 4 is the worst Generation. This is a discussion after all, so I wanted to save my thoughts on it to actually discuss. Now before I will get into whats bad about the game itself, I feel I have to make this clear. Whether or not you like Diamond and Pearl is irrelevant to this topic as this doesn't deal with if Diamond and Pearl are bad, but if it's the worst generation out of all of them. So saying it's not fair to compare it to newer Gens is kind of the point for the new games to be better and higher on the list of Gens than it.

Now about Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, I had high hopes for the game. Team Galactic was one of the better Pokemon villains, although still a very forgettable team especially compared to Team Magma or TeamRocket. the Legendaries were cool and the lore of it was interesting. But as far as the actual game itself, it just didn't hold up. We got characters trudging through walls of Bidoofs and very slow-paced plot, music, and battle animations. The only fire type you could get if you didn’t pick Chimchar was Ponyta, and half the regional Pokedex can’t even be encountered until the postgame. The Super Contests removed most of the strategy from the RSE games and replaced it with guessing whatever the heck “Sharp” means in terms of decorations and pressing up, down, left, and right.

Even plot wise it still wasn't that interesting, which is sad since the whole theme of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl was Time and Space. And oddly enough Pokemon Sun and Moon felt like they had more to do with Space than Pokemon Pearl did. So with that aside even if you enjoy Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, you can't argue that it would be near the bottom of the list in the best Pokemon Gens. And I can agree with you that Black and White is a low point for Pokemon as well, but I still find it more enjoyable than Diamond and Pearl. From the story being better to it having a much higher difficulty than Diamond and Pearl, even Team Plasma is a far more memorable team than Team Galatic. Overall Black and White is still bad, but its still above Diamond and Pearl.

1 thing I also disagree with you on is Black 2 and White 2. What difference is there between those and games like Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, etc? Black and White 2 were upgraded versions of Black and White with many fixes and a lot of stuff fixed that held the other games back. Platinum did the same, fixing a lot of issues that held back Diamond and Pearl while upgrading the base content. It wouldn't matter if Black and White 2 were just named Grey or whatever, it still would have been the same thing. Same for Pokemon US and UM, what would change if they just named it Pokemon Stars? Nothing would but the name. If you honestly think about it there is no difference between Black and White 2 and what games like Platinum or Emerald are to their games. So is B2, W2, US, and UM are just for milking money, then so are Platinum, Emerald, and all of the other 3rd entries in a Gen.

And just saying my hate for Diamond and Pearl does not come from the talk of it being remade, I just hated the Gen since I played Pearl. I bought it on day one, and I immediately regretted it very early in the game. Thankfully Pokemon HeartGold helped restore my faith in the DS Pokemon. I then got around to playing White and it was OK. Not high on my list at all, but I actually had some fond moments of playing it, unlike Pearl. So as my opinion Diamond and Pearl are just the worst generation compared to them all. However, I still want a Diamond and Pearl remake just so they can fix what was so wrong with the first games.

Ah, but whether or not I like DP is relevant, as are my thoughts on Black/White and you hating and thoughts on DP is relevant; the proverbial sword can only slice both ways here, not one way. This entire thread is going to be a lot of opinions, I assure you. There is no "objective" worst generation in the Pokemon franchise, only what people will perceive as their worst generation. But hey, I gave Gen V the benefit of the doubt and praised it for its story, even if I did hate its guts so I'll keep it in mind that you hate Gen IV. And my point being on comparing it to a newer generation game is that by doing so it implicitly suggests that all prior generations (not just Gen IV) are worse and that they only get more worse the farther back you go, which is a far cry from a proper reason/point.

Keeping in mind that the only time I've dropped off of Pokemon was halfway through Gen V and then I picked it back up in Gen VI, Team Plasma has become forgettable when I recall Team villains in the franchise. Team Galactic on the other hand were pretty threatening and memorable. Sure, Team Magma and Aqua were potentially threatening the world in their goals but Galactic planned to wipe out the fabric of reality and turn it into a new reality. Then you get to Plasma and they're like Pokemon Peta. I'll give it to them, their reasoning and the twist that their leader was actually just doing it so he'd be the only one with Pokemon was interesting, but it hardly stacks up to what those wacky villains in prior gens were getting up to. XY obviously took a page from their book as it goes back to "Villain guy who literally wants to kill everyone except his elite few and create a new world order, or maybe he was lying to his team and he was just plotting genocide."

I still haven't played Sun and Moon but I believe that the theme there was more about alternate dimensions than space. There's a distinct difference between the two. What I stated above, and what the game supplements to the subplot in terms of little bits of lore here and there that you can find is where Gen IV's story gets really interesting, especially more so in Platinum. In fact, it's learning through this mythos and the creatures from them that show up is where you feel the most involved in it. Although I could agree that this isn't for everyone. Creation stories from mythology around the real world is a subject I adore, so maybe that's where I connect to it.

You're missing the entire principle of my point with Black 2/White 2. Yes, I'm aware that from a glance it is pretty much like all prior third installments, but that's exactly it; it's a third installment split into two more games. There's no excuse for making the third title two more games unless it's for more money. As a collector of the main series titles it irks me so much that they made this marketing choice, and for many others it frustrates them to no end for a different reason; that is, they were holding back on buying either game to get the third, better and most importantly singular title of that generation. Third installments might look the same from your point of view but at least they don't double the price tag for collectors and force a choice on those who haven't even bought anything yet in expectancy of a third installment.

As far as Diamond and Pearl goes, I suffer this retroactively. That is, I've played Platinum for so long and grown so accustomed to its plot that Diamond and Pearl feels simplistic. Which in a way I guess I could sympathise. That being said, Gen IV is still in my opinion a solid generation. I too will be desperately waiting for Gen IV remakes to come, but not for them to fix stuff that was "broken"; instead, I want it to revisit a fond nostalgic generation in glorious 3D and lots more feature than ever before.

Last edited:
Of course these are opinions, however, the whole argument is based on what we think the worst generation of Pokemon is. So we can still claim a definitive worst gen for the Pokemon series, the point of this forum is just to defend or give criticism to the other Generations. And what I meant in your feelings being irrelevant was that you like Pokemon D and P, yet just because you like it doesn't mean you should only claim whats good about it. If you truly like something, then you should be able to easily say whats bad about it. And so far besides acknowledging its not for everyone, you never admit to its very heavy flaws that even Black and White managed to learn from. That's what Black and White has over Diamond and Pearl, experience. They learned from their mistakes and fixed "Some" of the problems with Diamond and Pearl.

And no I get your principle, but you're looking at it the wrong way. You see making 2 games for a 3rd entry instead of 1 is just milking money, yet how is it really? You make a 3rd entry in the series and everyone who wants it will buy it. You make Black 2 and White 2, then is everyone going to buy both? No, people have the option to buy 1 or the other. Heck from a business standpoint wouldn't it be easier and less cost effective to just make 1 3rd entry instead of 2? The whole point of Black and White 2 or US and UM is to give people options. To let the player play an alternate story with new events and a new alternate story to let unfold. If someone played Pokemon Sun, then maybe they would like to play the new story set in Sun, same goes for those who played Moon. Or maybe this time they would like to change things up. When it comes down to it, more money is only being made when a person buys both US and UM. And with all the games coming out for every system, I honestly doubt many people will be willing to spend 80$ on both games and still play both of them. If 1 person just bought 1 version, then the sales would equal everyone buying Pokemon stars, instead of everyone being split on either US or UM.

Also yes Pokemon Sun was about Alternate dimensions, but that's kind of the point on how weak Diamon and Pearls story was.

And Team Galatic is still the most forgettable team in any Gen. Just because you have a big devastating plot does not mean you will be the most memorable team. There's much more to it than that. Why do people love Team Skull so much? Because they are losers. They are a group of Anxtey teens who no one takes seriously. They try beating up stop signs and stealing Pokemon and making graffiti. They don't have some big master plan, they aren't trying to flood the world or destroy a dimension. But people still love them and it's up for debate on whether or not Team Skull is the best Team in any generation. Team Galatic had a big plan but nothing about them is memorable. Then take a look at Team Flare, whose main leader wanted to awaken the legendary Pokemon and almost all human life on Earth, as well as Pokemon. He brings up deep moral values on how Humans will fight over everything, and when the Earth begins to shorten on resources, what will happen then? He brings up topics that aren't black and white, issues that make you question if he really is right or wrong in what he's trying to accomplish............And Team Flare was just ok. They weren't a bad team, they were just nothing special. That is where Team Galactic failed. Team Flare actually has some memorable aspects about them, and Team Galactic really has nothing too memorable for them.

As far as the Mythos though what you describe can be said about almost every Pokemon game. From Gold and Silver to Ruby and Saphire, to even Pokemon Sun and Moon, and especially Black and White get very heavy in the Pokemon mythos with its legendaries and the impact they have on both the world and in the past. And if it wasn't for Platinum with Giratina and the Distortion world, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl would have had very forgettable legendaries. And I will admit Black and White also had very bland legendaries, but the fact that both Legendaries can fuse together to make 1 Ultimate Legendary make it worth it to me. If they make a Diamond and Pearl remake where you can fuse Palkia and Dialga, then I may give it a step up abover Black and White in terms of Legendaries.

Speaking of the X and Y remake there is an image of Xerneas fused with Zygarde and Yveltel fused with Zygarde which is basically copying Ultra Sun and Moon. Apparently these 2 game are in a magazine and it's said to be a leak for the remake.These two games are called Pokemon XZ and Pokemon YZ and the thing is it looks real here's a photo.View attachment 16980Jordan since you are good with the facts you can take it from here because I haven't done much research on this.
Well even if this is real after this the more Pokemon fans will want some more remakes.It would makes since for a remake for Pokemon:Yellow and Pokemon:Blue since there hasn't been.I guess them 2 were supposed to be remakes along with Firered and LeafGreen but it was never made.The remake for yellow could be called Pokemon:Thunder Yellow and the remake for blue could be called Pokemon:AquaBlue
But given by the fact that 2 out 4 of the remakes were made I doubt these 2 will make it.But it would be interesting to see these games in 3D especially Yellow since Pikachu walks around with you but since we have switch now there could be some more changes.Who know maybe we can have Pikachu on our shoulders like Ash in the show.

Reactions: VirtulJordan
Besides don't you think its weird that there basically making a remake more a game that was just made not too long ago.I mean come on what is this there pulling the only difference is Solgeleo and Lunala are both somehow fused with Necrozma!Why make a remake when they can wait to make another game like X and Y was compatible with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire once it came out.

Besides we have Marshadow coming to.Its a wonder they didn't make some stupid story that is similar to Raquazza.These would probably be there exact words on the idea "Well we wanted something new to excite fans so we made Marshadow swallow a Z-Crystal and he can hold any item and still use Z-Moves"I mean yea that's stupid but Marshadow could be holding an item to fuse Solgeleo and Lunala With Necrozma just like where you can fuse Kyrem to make Black or White Kyrem and if they did that then they wouldn't need to make a remake right away they could take there time and make another game.

But no they think they need a remake exactly 1 year after the previous game.I mean yes the idea of the 2 Ultra Games are fine but why make a remake so quickly when they could make a remake after some other Pokemon games?Its just weird what they think of.What next another remake for Sun and Moon called Pokemon:Solar Sun or Solar Eclipse and Pokemon:Lunar Moon or Lunar Eclipse?Lets just hope for the best and hope not and don't get me started on another Pokemon game to go with it called Pokemon:Eclipse we know it's not going to happen so just for get about it and move on from remakes like that it's just ridiculous.

Whether we like the generation or not forms our opinions of it, that's why it's relevant. You're right that an unbiased view on the good and bad of a generation would be preferred, but the fact that this is an opinionated discussion means there is bound to be some bias. The flaw as it were here is that the topic is biased towards what is the worst generation and why, not simply "speak about the good and bad of a generation." Just like I'm singing the praises of Gen IV without pointing out much of its flaws, you are also biased by simply pointing out its flaws. And then the matter gets complicated as we both have very differing opinions which divides our analysis further. So while you have a point and I admit that my analysis is biased, you're doing exactly the same thing on the opposite end of the spectrum. This isn't necessarily a bad thing however, as by batting these point back and forth anyone reading these posts can view legitimate points on both sides and come to their own conclusion.

"No, people have the option to buy 1 or the other. Heck from a business standpoint wouldn't it be easier and less cost effective to just make 1 3rd entry instead of 2" So you've spent all this time disputing with me on Black 2 and White 2, yet you've stated in one sentence yet another reason why they're ridiculous? The whole "you can choose which adventure you'd like" is irrelevant to Black 2 and White 2 because Black and White already served this purpose of playing either side of the story, as will it be for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. The point of the third installment is to put more polish, features, fixes and more into the story, and it simply becomes a rather "superior" option as it were, so there's no need to split that between two more titles for another choice. Any way you slice it, the third installment being split into two is unnecessary.

I fail to see how Sun and Moon theme of alternate dimensions proves that Diamond and Pearl's theme of time and space are bad. In fact Diamond and Pearl's theme isn't simply about that either; it's also about the human spirit, about creation, and in Platinum about dark matter. Team Skull quite honestly sound like a step back as villains, heck even Team Rocket sound better by comparison and they're pretty basic as far as villain teams go in the Pokemon franchise. At least they had an modus operandi of making a profit off of stealing Pokemon. If we're talking about each respective leader's motives for their goals, Team Galactic's Cyrus had one just like any other. He saw the human spirit as a setback in this world and that the only way to make a perfect world is by removing it and replacing it with one of his own design. He is a nihilistic man who in his own twisted way is trying to make the world a "better" place, whether or not anyone actually wanted that. In that sense he's kind of like Lysandre in that they both want perfection in the world (or it might've been genocide instead), the only real difference aside from their methods is that one reasons that the human spirit is flawed while the other reasons that nothing can be perfect unless the slate is wiped clean. They sort of go hand in hand.

Of course mythos is sprinkled throughout all generations, but they never got as expansive Diamond and Pearl's did. Gold and Silver did have lore about Ho-oh, Lugia and the three legendary beasts (excepting Suicune), but that was incidental eye candy that didn't affect the plot (the fact that it got tied in Crystal and later HGSS was a bonus.) Ruby and Sapphire made a good effort to have the lore of Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza relevant to the plot, but Diamond and Pearl really step it up; you have two(later three) creatures representing time and space (and antimatter), three more creature who all represent different aspects of the human spirit and have their own unique lore about them, and all of them are involved heavily into the plot. The only one not involved directly but takes a page in Gold and Silver's book is Arceus, the one who created all six of these beings in the first place. Then it went back down to two legendary dragons in Black and White that were later upgraded into a trio. The ensemble of legendary creatures and lore that was tied directly into Gen IV's plot was staggering compared to all other generations, it was its strong suit.

Besides don't you think its weird that there basically making a remake more a game that was just made not too long ago.I mean come on what is this there pulling the only difference is Solgeleo and Lunala are both somehow fused with Necrozma!Why make a remake when they can wait to make another game like X and Y was compatible with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire once it came out.

Besides we have Marshadow coming to.Its a wonder they didn't make some stupid story that is similar to Raquazza.These would probably be there exact words on the idea "Well we wanted something new to excite fans so we made Marshadow swallow a Z-Crystal and he can hold any item and still use Z-Moves"I mean yea that's stupid but Marshadow could be holding an item to fuse Solgeleo and Lunala With Necrozma just like where you can fuse Kyrem to make Black or White Kyrem and if they did that then they wouldn't need to make a remake right away they could take there time and make another game.

But no they think they need a remake exactly 1 year after the previous game.I mean yes the idea of the 2 Ultra Games are fine but why make a remake so quickly when they could make a remake after some other Pokemon games?Its just weird what they think of.What next another remake for Sun and Moon called Pokemon:Solar Sun or Solar Eclipse and Pokemon:Lunar Moon or Lunar Eclipse?Lets just hope for the best and hope not and don't get me started on another Pokemon game to go with it called Pokemon:Eclipse we know it's not going to happen so just for get about it and move on from remakes like that it's just ridiculous.

What gives you the impression Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are remakes? They're sequels to Sun and Moon.

What gives you the impression Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are remakes? They're sequels to Sun and Moon.
Well to me no matter what they say the 2 Ultra games are just remakes to me and not sequels because if it was a sequel then thay wouldn't have said it had a similar story.So basically all the ultra is that it added some new Pokemon basically same story and the 2 legendary are fused with Necrozma to me its more of an update rather then a sequel

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
Well to me no matter what they say the 2 Ultra games are just remakes to me and not sequels because if it was a sequel then thay wouldn't have said it had a similar story.So basically all the ultra is that it added some new Pokemon basically same story and the 2 legendary are fused with Necrozma to me its more of an update rather then a sequel
Actually, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon have been state to be alternate stories set in the Alola region. From the very little footage we've got (seriously when are we getting the next trailer? They're releasing in less than 4 months!), the events in Ultra Sun/Moon are very if not completely different. Rather than retelling a story (like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum) or being direct sequels (Black/White 2), it's a completely different scenario set in Alola, most likely having a bigger emphasis on Ultra Beasts and the Ultra Space than Sun and Moon (where they only make an appearance in two instances during the main plot).

Probably the worst Gen is Gen 6 it only got 2 games out of all the series and it was the most annoying Gen since Ash didn't even win the league and Pokémon X and Y were boring and I kind of felt like Gamefreak didn't try their best. I remember hearing people say it was Gen 5 that was horrible you're incorrect it had cool legendaries and it also had 4 games created also the 2 legendarios Reshiram and Zekrom got two new cool forms that work if you fuse with Kyurem and they're the best. Also Gen 6's plot was boring and Zygarde wasn't even cool because the cool forms came out for another game even though it had nothing to do with it all honestly regret buying X and Y.

Back