Would you hit a girl?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Don't lie ;-;

If a girl swings her fist at you, would you return yours at her or do you think it's wrong to hit girls?

Some years back, there was some debate about this. One side said how it was wrong to hit girls while the other said they weren't taking that crap. I want to know where you stand.

I would never hit a girl even if she (tries to) hit me. Not saying I'd just stand there and take it though. I'd either dodge or block the hit. What about you guys and girls?

Reactions: Jisenku
At my school people say that if a girl punches you 3 times than you can punch st the same hardness but I wouldn’t punch one

Reactions: Duffy
I'd hit on a girl.

• Funny
Reactions: phofufury, Dark Link, TerraKnight and 5 others
Some years back, there was some debate about this. One side said how it was wrong to hit girls while the other said they weren't taking that crap.
If anyone wants to be entertained pertaining to the above statement, here's the specific link: https://nintenpedia.com/forum/threads/what-are-your-thoughts-on-feminists.32149/page-2

I mostly hang out with female friends and sometimes I joke around, like pretend I'm gonna hit them with my lab book but then stop just before actually hitting them. It's all fun and games and nobody is a petty, sensitive snowflake.

Reactions: Dark Link
Don't lie ;-;

If a girl swings her fist at you, would you return yours at her or do you think it's wrong to hit girls?

Some years back, there was some debate about this. One side said how it was wrong to hit girls while the other said they weren't taking that crap. I want to know where you stand.

I would never hit a girl even if she (tries to) hit me. Not saying I'd just stand there and take it though. I'd either dodge or block the hit. What about you guys and girls?
If anyone wants to be entertained pertaining to the above statement, here's the specific link: https://nintenpedia.com/forum/threads/what-are-your-thoughts-on-feminists.32149/page-2

I mostly hang out with female friends and sometimes I joke around, like pretend I'm gonna hit them with my lab book but then stop just before actually hitting them. It's all fun and games and nobody is a petty, sensitive snowflake.
Oh gosh I hope that does not derail this thread... to be fair these are two very different threads... but I have a feeling that if the last topic is brought into this, we could have a very... misstrewed thread.

Well, I'm all for women empowerment and the idea for march of women rights. However they shouldn't be treated much differently. Some girls I used to know always debated this often. "Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean you can't fight me or hit me." Some girls sort of live by the quote I just said there, others not so much. In any case, a man is a coward in my eyes if they can strike a woman whom appears to be no actual threat. If I saw a guy strike a woman out of no where without any pre-action, I'd call that guy a coward and defend her.

Only in self-defence.
The whole chivalrous approach of "you can never hit girls" is dangerous, for it could lead to abusive relationships where the woman beats the man. These are more common than one would think.

Reactions: Samster, Mikaya, PrimordialMew24 and 1 other person
Only in self-defence.
The whole chivalrous approach of "you can never hit girls" is dangerous, for it could lead to abusive relationships where the woman beats the man. These are more common than one would think.

As a lady myself appreciate the idea of chivalry. If were to hit a guy with no provocation I fully expect to be hit back. In the sense of self defense I would expect both genders to have the right to fight back against the opposite sex. Abuse can run on all sides of genders, abuse doesn't have to physically touch someone to cause damage.

Reactions: Mikaya and AricAttack
I'd never go out of my way to hit a girl (or anyone for that matter), but I will if it becomes a self-defense case. My policy is that I will always wait for them to attack me first. After that it's fair game.

Reactions: Samster and AricAttack
I'd probably just run away, to be honest. I'm not much of a fighter, regardless of my attacker's gender.

Refusing to hit a woman when you would hit a man out of some misguided sense of chivalry is only condescending, and hardly belongs in a modern society preaching equality (which some do).

I'd only attack or hit someone in self-defence (as a last resort), the gender of your attacker is less important in such a situation.

Refusing to hit a woman when you would hit a man out of some misguided sense of chivalry is only condescending, and hardly belongs in a modern society preaching equality (which some do).

I'd only attack or hit someone in self-defence (as a last resort), the gender of your attacker is less important in such a situation.
Ok, I'm not disagreeing with you but rather playing devil's advocate. Would you hit a dog? By what you said if gender doesn't matter what if a dog (of any gender) attacked you? Would you hit it back then?

I don't think we should be hitting anybody if we can help it. If someone is attacking me out of nowhere I would try to defend myself and only if I had to I would hit them back, regardless of gender. I think people get concerned that sexual harassment and abusive relationships would be legitimized if we say that it's "okay" to hit women. The truth of the matter is that it isn't okay to hit ANYBODY, unless it's meaning to protect yourself in a potentially dangerous situation.

If someone hit a woman I would probably judge then the same way if they hit a guy. I don't approve of violence in general and as I said if you absolutely have to in self defense, that is the only time it really would be justified.

Ok, I'm not disagreeing with you but rather playing devil's advocate. Would you hit a dog? By what you said if gender doesn't matter what if a dog (of any gender) attacked you? Would you hit it back then?

I don't see why the gender of a dog would affect anything, if that of a human wouldn't. Dogs aren't human, and their gender is just as irrelevant when hitting one back.

Even if I was being hit, I won't stoop as low as to hit a girl. I still remember how to block and parry from a martial art I practiced. (That was a scam unfortunately.) So I won't get hurt... Much.

Even if I was being hit, I won't stoop as low as to hit a girl. I still remember how to block and parry from a martial art I practiced. (That was a scam unfortunately.) So I won't get hurt... Much.
I don't understand why people believe that hitting a female is "stooping low". In saying that you're suggesting that women are inherently weaker than men and shouldn't be held to the same standards as a man. If a person hits you, you have a right to defend yourself. Sometimes you may have to hit a person back to protect yourself if a situation is bad enough. The gender of the person shouldn't determine whether you fight back or not. That being said, I don't approve of hitting people in general. I'm not saying it's ever okay but if any person hits you they should expect to be hit back.

I don't understand why people believe that hitting a female is "stooping low".
Would you hit an 8 year old kid who is weaker than you if he hits you first?

In real life circumstances, I think you guys are thinking of life and death situations. Realistically, most girls might just slap you if you insult them in some way or something. For example, one of your friends went up to a girl and told her you said she looks fat without you knowing. She might come up to you and just pass one across your face.

Would you really knock her to the ground with your fist and show her who has a stronger body built between males and females?

Would you hit an 8 year old kid who is weaker than you if he hits you first?

In real life circumstances, I think you guys are thinking of life and death situations. Realistically, most girls might just slap you if you insult them in some way or something. For example, one of your friends went up to a girl and told her you said she looks fat without you knowing. She might come up to you and just pass one across your face.

Would you really knock her to the ground with your fist and show her who has a stronger body built between males and females?
I understand what you are saying and I completely agree. If someone slaps me I'm not going to knock them to the ground. But if someone literally is trying to fight me then what other choice would I have besides let myself get seriously hurt? I do think that there are many factors to consider when reacting to someone hitting you, including age and intensity of the situation, but I do not think that gender is a specific factor. Age specifically is more important because that can be used to determine the intensity of the situation. Gender can be used as well but I don't think that it is as good of a measure because of the more significant variance of strength in women compared to the variance in strength of eight-year-olds.

EDIT: I don't want to make it seem like I'm promoting violence towards women because that's completely wrong. I do not believe that women should be expected to be "treated like men" in society or anything like that. I do think that in a particularly violent situation, if a woman were to hit me and I was left no choice but to hit her back, it would be justified in that specific case. If a woman slapped me I'd probably just be very startled and a little shocked, but my first reaction would not be to hit her back.

Last edited:
But if someone literally is trying to fight me then what other choice would I have besides let myself get seriously hurt?
Let's say your girlfriend is mad at you and she tries to fight you by hitting you repeatedly multiple times (that probably wouldn't seriously hurt you - pounds chest - ), would you hit her back or would you try to restrain her?

Back