Would you like to see Persona 5 on the Wii U?

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
ErixSan

ErixSan

Somehow still top 3 poster after 3 years.
Towns Folk
Considering it was made for the PlayStation 3 (now a port for the PlayStation 4 is on the works) I was thinking about a Wii U port... I would love to see this, and that maybe can happen if Persona Q sells well, still the changes are quite low.

Any other persona port would be nice as well, but considering they were made for the PlayStation 2, I can say it's impossible.

What do you think about this?

I doubt it'll happen even if Persona Q sells well, but I'd like to see Persona 5 on the Wii U because I don't own any PlayStation consoles (yet) and I've never played either Person 3 or Person 4 games.

I certainly wouldn't mind. I doubt they would do anything exclusive for the WiiU version nor do I want anything. The only thing that worries me about multiplatform releases is that it might drop quality of each individual version or even reduce the quality of one version to make the others equal, like what's happening with assassin's creed unity now

I doubt it'll happen even if Persona Q sells well, but I'd like to see Persona 5 on the Wii U because I don't own any PlayStation consoles (yet) and I've never played either Person 3 or Person 4 games.

In that case you will need a PS2 or a PSVita... I don't like the emulator way, but if you find the game on sale, at least you will be able to play it on your PC.

After seeing KH3 will be on Xbox One too, I think it can be possible (It was a Sony + SpinOff Nintendo series after all). Too bad the Wii U doesn't support the Unreal Engine 4 (hope for PC release, they're doing it with FFXIII trilogy).

I certainly wouldn't mind. I doubt they would do anything exclusive for the WiiU version nor do I want anything. The only thing that worries me about multiplatform releases is that it might drop quality of each individual version or even reduce the quality of one version to make the others equal, like what's happening with assassin's creed unity now

I saw those news, and that was very lame from Ubisoft (I suppose there was money from MS, the AI is quite simple on AC games).

About the game, I suppose a port from the PS3 game would be fine: 720 60fps with Off-TV and a few extra features.

I know it's unusual to see Persona games on Nintendo (we have SMT main series on Nintendo except SMT III), but I know it's because they are using Lancarse's engine for dungeon design (similar to SMT: Strange Journey on DS).

Still, I doubt about it would be ported to Wii U. Wii U itself lacks RPG, so it's difficult to see consumer behavior towards RPG trend on Wii U.

Still, I doubt about it would be ported to Wii U. Wii U itself lacks RPG, so it's difficult to see consumer behavior towards RPG trend on Wii U.

I think this is a big mistake from Atlus and Square-Enix, at last Virtual Console games would be nice (there's a lot of JRPG on NES, SNES and GBA).

I know it's unusual to see Persona games on Nintendo (we have SMT main series on Nintendo except SMT III), but I know it's because they are using Lancarse's engine for dungeon design (similar to SMT: Strange Journey on DS).
Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series :p

Actually just a minority from the SMT games are for PS consoles, including the Persona series. Xbox only has the fighting game :p

Still, I would be glad to see any SMT or Persona game for the Wi...

*ejem*

I would be glad to see any SMT or Persona game meanwhile it isn't like Persona 4: Dancing All Night for the Wii U :D

I think this is a big mistake from Atlus and Square-Enix, at last Virtual Console games would be nice (there's a lot of JRPG on NES, SNES and GBA)
and we got English version of SMT I on iOS. Yes, I bet people would love to buy VC RPGs.

I believe SMT will probably have a title on Wii U, soon, but given Persona is just easing out of being a very PlayStation-dominated spin, we'll probably see something wholly new for SMT's return to Nintendo home systems.

Actually just a minority from the SMT games are for PS consoles, including the Persona series. Xbox only has the fighting game :p
I actually own both of the Persona 4 Arena games on the PS3 (I imported Ultimax)...

Playstation has
SMT1, 2, If..., Nocturne
Digital Devil Saga, Digital Devil Saga 2
Devil Summoner, Soul Hackers
Raidou Kuzonoha 1+2
Persona 1,2 Innocent sin, 2 Eternal punishment ,3, 3 FES, 3 Portable, 4, 4 Golden, 4 Arena, 4 Ultimax, Dancing all night
Devil Children Red and Black

Last edited:
It's most likely not happening sadly, which is why I bought a ps3 before aiming for a wii u. The mainline persona games are Playstation exclusive, (yes, Q and arena are spinoffs.) I Really love SMT but that's how things have been and will probably stay. On the pro, Nintendo will probably recieve SMTV but it'd nowhere near gaurenteed since 3/nocturne was indeed on ps2.

Don't worry, Wii U will get an exclusive SMTxFE.

Reactions: ThatLoyalGamer
As I said. Go spinoffs! But I actually enjoy not having to change systems all the time to play games.
Don't worry, Wii U will get an exclusive SMTxFE.

As I said. Go spinoffs! But I actually enjoy not having to change systems all the time to play games.
Well, it's business after all, and it's likely that Atlus want to help Wii U with something new to boost the hardware's sales. If they were going to release Persona 5 on Wii U, it wouldn't be a good reason for people to buy a Wii U (since they would prefer PS4 more). But it's good for people who already have the system.

Persona 5 on the Wii u would kinda spoil the whole game, since most people don't have a wii u, and judging by how many persona fans atlus has, something tells me the fans would be rather angry.....

Considering it was made for the PlayStation 3 (now a port for the PlayStation 4 is on the works) I was thinking about a Wii U port... I would love to see this, and that maybe can happen if Persona Q sells well, still the changes are quite low.

Any other persona port would be nice as well, but considering they were made for the PlayStation 2, I can say it's impossible.

What do you think about this?
I would love it to be on Wii u. I would hate to have to buy a new system for only one game I want.

It would be nice since I don't have the money for a ps3 or 4 yet but I don't really see it happening sadly. At least they made it for the ps3 if people wanted to get an older system witch I was a little surprised they did that and not just put it on the ps4 . I hope to some day get the game and when I do I am sure I'll enjoy even min. of it . I really can't turn down a Persona or SMT game . From what I've seen of it they really out did them self .

Back