Would you play this Jack Frost side-scrolling game?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Atlus just uploaded a new trailer for Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux but what's strange is, its main contents had Jack Frost and Jack-o’-Lantern fighting their way through enemies in a side-scrolling adventure.

At the end, it was revealed that it isn't going to be true. Atlus seemed to have worked really hard making this, so who knows if they'll make it a reality if fans show them the interest in playing the game :artist:

What do you think? Would you buy and play something like this?

That looks so much fun I haven't played a Shin Megami Tensei game but this platforming looks so much fun and varied. Too bad it isn't real but if they were to make this into a real game I would defently buy it

There's a game called Jack Bros. on the Virtual Boy that I think plays like Legend of Zelda. Personally I'd be more interested in a SMT platformer rather than an RPG mainly because I don't have a platformer specific to the 3DS and it looks pretty neat.

It actually looked pretty fun. The Jack Personas were always the ones with the most personality, would have made for interesting games

That's awesome I'm gonna try it
I can't seem to get pass the "press action key" screen. If it works for you, let me know.

it does are you using a controller for me on XBOX controller the action button is the "A" button

it does are you using a controller for me on XBOX controller the action button is the "A" button
No controller. I guess I need a controller to play the game?

No controller. I guess I need a controller to play the game?
you don't need it as if you go to config keys before game starts all the way you can change/look at the keys but I would recommend you have a controler

you don't need it as if you go to config keys before game starts all the way you can change/look at the keys but I would recommend you have a controler
The only thing I see is a "press any key" screen then that takes me to the "press action button" screen.

when you open up the application from this folderCapture.PNG it will bring you to this screenCapture1.PNGonce you're there click on "Key Config" and it will bring you to a screen like thisCapture2.PNGit will tell you all the buttons, you won't know what the keys do but just remember which ones it says and you should be able to get through

Reactions: Marc
Is there an English Version of this game?

erf, do you think I can change the buttons? The AZERTY keyboard makes it very hard, because Z makes my hand go acrobatic. and painful.
upload_2017-10-18_0-50-8.png

ooooh ok! thanks!

I downloaded it yesterday afteroon and arrived at the first boss.
I love it! The SJ OST remix is fantastic, the sprites look cute and their animation is really fluid.
I'm not really fond of Pyro Jack's controls, but haven't tried if it's any better with a controller.

@Marc: It also gives me trouble with the Press any Button screen, but after some random tries it registers the key input normally, I wonder why... o_O

BTW, I've read that some fans released a English "patch" - it's the sostitute of a file in the Font folder of the game - for the dialogues. I haven't downloaded it yet, so I'm not sure if it's complete or not, but tomorrow I'll probably check it out.

Reactions: Marc
BTW, I've read that some fans released a English "patch" - it's the sostitute of a file in the Font folder of the game - for the dialogues. I haven't downloaded it yet, so I'm not sure if it's complete or not, but tomorrow I'll probably check it out.
can you share that, please? *_*

Back