Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Nintendo Switch Edition

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I'll be honest. When I was watching the Nintendo Switch presentation, I wasn't expecting this game's footage to be Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Maybe it's because I haven't played an Xenoblade Chronicles game before D:

I'm happy to see the RPG getting another game.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Trailer :

It looks pretty darn good, if you ask me. What are your thoughts?

I'll be honest. When I was watching the Nintendo Switch presentation, I wasn't expecting this game's footage to be Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Maybe it's because I haven't played an Xenoblade Chronicles game before D:

I'm happy to see the RPG getting another game.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Trailer :

It looks pretty darn good, if you ask me. What are your thoughts?
I have mixed feelings about it, eh. I mean, sure, I won't be getting the Switch, but I was still checking what Nintendo planned for it and saw XC2, but, to be honest... I'm not a fan of what they're doing here.

The art style totally drifts away from what XC1 and XCX looked like, to a Tales Of-esque anime style, and I'm not really a fond of it. I think they should have kept XC1's art style, especially considering what we saw. That said, the OST is probably going to be fantastic, since they're bringing back the guys who made the first game's soundtrack.

Also, one final thing that bothered me, but that's just me: If you slap a 2 on it, we can only expect it to be related somehow to the first, yet, so far, aside from what looks like a redrawn Monado, I can't feel the connection. But, that was an announcement trailer, so, maybe they'll give more details later.

But seriously, in conclusion: As a XC fan, I'm not really feeling it. They should have kept the original game's art style. It doesn't fit, but the OST's totally going to be good (it has to!). No word about the story, since they can change it, and maybe reveal the connection between 1 and 2 (which I hope they'll do).

I personally prefer this artstyle more than the off-looking art from the previous games, so no issues there.

Looking good; figured Monolith was working on something other than BotW. Even though I have yet to play the previous ones, I'm still hyped. One more open world game for the Switch is always good.

I like this style better, and it looks like the graphics are even more better than XCX.The OST is always good. I think this will be a great game.

I've recently picked up Xenoblade Chronicles 3d, and have absolutely loved it so far. That said my biggest complaint with it is the graphics. (I know it's uglier than the wii version, and stuff, but the wii version isn't a whole ton better.) The character's faces and hair all seem kinda off and weird, and the areas you explore aren't the most detailed. (It's not a huge deal, it doesn't diminish my enjoyment, and i still absolutely love the game.)

That said, I like the art style here way better. It looks absolutely gorgeous, and I love the style. I feel like the cutesy, anime style doesn't necessarily with the more serious story, (basing this off of what I've seen of previous games) but it looks nicer overall than the more realistic model style.

I did not expect this game at all in the presentation. Once I was done watching the presentation, I looked for the xenoblade chronicles 2 trailer to watch it in more details. Honestly, i think the graphics are amazing, I mean, they suit the game perfectly, I am just wanting to get another peek of the game asap.

New E3 2017 trailer :

The game will be available holiday 2017 :angelic:

Reactions: TribstyAnn
I was extremely confused when I first saw the trailer, as it looks as if the heavily animated characters were shoehorned into the realistic looking world, almost like some kind of Looney Toons-movie type thing (that's the best example I can think of). However, I am willing to give it a try once the game comes out, even though I've never played a Xenoblade game before...:dead:

I actually want to preorder this game!

I played XC1 on 3Ds a bit, but the controls bugged me a bit so I didn't really get into it, I had too many games to play already during that time so I had to trade it off in the end.

In X, I was kinda turned off by all the mechs, I'm not really a fan of that and I didn't like the experience on Wii U, plus the loading times and all that you had to download to make it less of a hassle =/

So this one, I'm quite hyped for it, it looks like something that would be right up my alley!

I already poked my local story to see if they can pre-order it for me!

Reactions: TribstyAnn
Back