Mario Kart You can change your kart during online play in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
A much needed improvement that Mario Kart 8 needed has been included in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe :D

You can now change your kart options (and character) during online play when you're in a lobby. In the screenshot below, you can see a kart icon to update your kart settings.

C9p94Y7VYAAcObZ.jpg

Thoughts?

Reactions: Gamer4647 and Magitroopa
this is great! i cant wait to get my copy, will enough users here get this game to be able to get an online gaming night going?

That is super cool

I think that would be nice for anyone who likes to battle online in Mario Kart 8 DX! With being able to switch into any karts or bikes and characters of your liking while connected online, this would make every match different every time, and players sure can take advantage of it depending on the type of course they play. Besides, I'm wondering why the online system used to lock anyone to play on a single kart and character in the first place.

I have a feeling that I won't be using the option that much because I have a set character & kart combo that I always use in Mario Kart 8, but it's nice to see that the option is at least there though for me and others just in case.

Finally!! It is a much needed upgrade they are just setting into mario kart 8 deluxe! Anyway, as I already own mario kart 8 on my wii u, I am not picking mario kart 8 deluxte till is on sale or I have the real necessity of playing it (which I still doubt). It is good to see nintendo is making improvements to this franchise. The only thing I still can´t stand is that it won´t have any new race tracks!!

The only thing I still can´t stand is that it won´t have any new race tracks!!

dont be soo sure, they could always make a dlc or two with new tracks, you never know.

Reactions: EstebanTill2
This is such a good feature! It's so annoying not being able to do it in MK8, and it should be a thing already imo. I just really hope it comes out for the Wii U <3

The only thing I still can´t stand is that it won´t have any new race tracks!!

I'd suggest either re-looking at the picture or googling it :p

I'd suggest either re-looking at the picture or googling it :p

I think he means that there are no new race tracks. Those are only for battle mode.

Also note now being able to use the preset messages before voting for a track.

To be honest, adding DLC to a 'Deluxe/definitive' edition would be like a slap in the face to those who thought everything was already there. Also, it would further drag out Mario Kart 8 when it should just be saved for the next game.

Back