Your favorite and least favorite bugs/glitch in games for Nintendo consoles

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Stardew Valley recently hit Nintendo Switch consoles and a bed glitch has already been reported. When players send their farmer to sleep to save their progress, the game will crash and you will lose all of your data. Kind of annoying like the save glitch from Pokemon XY where it did something similar in Lumiose City, especially when you're not expecting it to happen after a long period of playing.

So I'm wondering what your favorite and least favorite bugs/glitches are in games for Nintendo systems.

My favorite is probably the cloning glitch from Pokemon Emerald or Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. As for my least favorite, I think it was the Lumiose City save glitch even though I was one of the lucky ones who weren't affected by it.

My favorite glitch is Missingno from Pokemon R/B/G/Y, I just think it's cool having a "Pokemon" that's not actually supposed to be in a game and that just makes it better.
My least favorites glitch is probably any Save File Corruption glitch, just like in Pokemon X/Y. Thankfully I wasn't affected by the glitch, but if I was than I'd be so mad because at the time I had a bunch of Legendary Pokemon that I really liked.

My favorites are basically the ones you can do in Pokemon R/G/B/Y. Not only Missingno. but also glitches like the level 100 Nidoking and level 100 Mew.
As of my least favorites, I wasn't affected by any, and I don't know which one is the worst one for me.

• Favorite glitch: Darksiders invisible sword. When I watched my bro playing Darksiders for Wii U, War exited a portal with his sword just floating there. o_O He started swinging an invisible sword throughout that duration.
  • Least favorite glitch: isn't on a Nintendo console, so I won't list it.

My favorite glitches are Glitch City from Pokemon Red and Blue, and the Void Glitch from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
My least favorite glitch is the sound glitch from Sonic Mania, this one randomly turns off the music in the level, and while its not game breaking the music is my favorite part of Sonic Mania

Stardew Valley recently hit Nintendo Switch consoles and a bed glitch has already been reported. When players send their farmer to sleep to save their progress, the game will crash and you will lose all of your data. Kind of annoying like the save glitch from Pokemon XY where it did something similar in Lumiose City, especially when you're not expecting it to happen after a long period of playing.

So I'm wondering what your favorite and least favorite bugs/glitches are in games for Nintendo systems.

My favorite is probably the cloning glitch from Pokemon Emerald or Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. As for my least favorite, I think it was the Lumiose City save glitch even though I was one of the lucky ones who weren't affected by it.
I recieved Super Mario 64 DS a while back, and was having a blast with it. I found it annoying, however, to discover that I couldn't visit the cannon in the castle courtyard until I'd gathered ALL 150 STARS. Being the impatient little youth that I was at the time, I found out that there was a glitch that allowed you to slide into a tree and fall right through the courtyard into the water below, and from there you could swim right to the cannon and visit the top of the castle early. I got a hoot out of this; grabbing the wing cap early and flying around the castle when I wasn't supposed to was a lot of fun. It did lead to some weird stuff like this though.
200px-SM64DS_CG_Glitch4.png

The one glitch I can think of was one in a game where you manage a shop and you can make it bigger to sell more items . The problem was when I made it about 2 sizes bigger the game glitched and wouldn't like me move around any. It was a shame cause I really enjoyed the game but the glitch was so game breaking that I couldn't play it. So I took it and traded it in to get a few dollars to use toward a new game. It was only like $5 when I paid like $40 for the game but there wasn't much else I could do about it , the game was unplayable for me and I just wan't to get rid of it and not just keep it laying around collecting dust.

Worst Glitch:
The worst glitch I encountered was on the Wii U version of Darksider 2, or rather my brother did... Essentially the grappling ability failed to work and game progression was impossible and game breaking. The worst part was the game disc was a bad "copy" (for lack of a better term) which I returned to the place of purchase and got a refund due to it's defectiveness. I then purchased with my refund an eshop card to purchase the game again digitally. I figured what are the odds that both the physical copy and digital copy will have the same glitch? After erasing the faulty game data my brother proceeded to play the digital copy. Guess what? Same glitch, same exact glitch. I was bummed for sure. Turns out at the time Darksiders 2 came out the developing company THQ went under, got divided up to other companies. So, no patch chances were possible. Also, this glitch wasn't exclusive to the Wii U, however it seemed to be the most common one.

Favorite Glitch:
As mentioned above the Pokemon R/B/Y glitches of duplicating items and encountering level 100 and above Pokemon. This made leveling up easier for sure! As did getting infinite Rare Candies by duplicating the 7th item in your bag. Also, a really, really bad idea is: don't have a fossil in that spot...You end up with an item you can't deposit and too may Omanyte or Kabuto. :p

While not the most exotic glitch out there, my favourite is the Farore's Wind glitch in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. It simply allows you to use Farore's Wind anywhere, allowing you to warp to areas you've visited before you get the right warp songs or other hard-to-reach locations. It's so convenient, I can barely play the game normally without abusing it at least a little.

As for least favourite glitch, any game-breaking one.

Back