Your first impression of the Nintendo Switch after opening up the box

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
This is directed at all of you who own a Nintendo Switch and actually took it out of the box.

What was your first impression of the console when unboxing it?

I was actually surprised how small it was. The gamepad itself looked like an oversized smartphone like what Samsung would make and the joycons seemed like they were made for a kid sized hand >.<

I can see myself playing with it effectively when connecting the joycons to the gamepad or the comfort grip tho.

So what were your first impression of the console the moment you opened up the box and saw it for yourself in person?

Getting a new console, game, or system is still a very exciting experience. I get so hyped that it doesn't even feel real to me. I get so scared that it's all fake, or I'm gonna break it or something. Idk I just kinda spazz, and spend the next 6 months realizing that, I do, in fact, own a Nintendo Switch. I think the first thing that went through my head as I opened the box was, "AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!!!!!"

Does that help at all?

Reactions: V_Weeb, Samster and Farhaan Raja
''Wow, It's finally here *slips out of my lap in the car*(the box with the switch not the switch itself) *gasps* *picks it up* *turns it on and start playing*'' anyway I really love the switch especially with all the new titles coming to it ^w^

Reactions: Farhaan Raja
I was truly excited but I do have to agree it was surprisingly small. I kinda expected it to be slightly larger, but not so bulky (the Wii U gamepad was way too bulky). The controls were familiar yet unique when I first picked it up and I definitely wished they were a little larger but after attaching them to the console I felt much better about its size.

I got it delivered on release day, took a bunch of photos to show my husband who was at work, as I unpacked it ( on his request ). I was quite surprised at how small the box was, and the machine itself.
As I expected, I do prefer to play in Handheld mode, (with Joycons attached) although I occasionally play on the TV. It is so nice to be able to carry on playing upstairs etc .
Always quite exciting to get new stuff , as I was when I got the Wii U Wind Waker edition and I was excited about finally playing the new Zelda game which I got both versions of so kids could join in too.

Reactions: V_Weeb
I was kinda anxious to play botw, after waiting till midnight.( thankfully we had the already next day off)

Well in my case, I could not get it on launch day (March 3rd 2017) because it did not arrive at my country by that date. Anyway I managed to pre-order the console at a videogame shop that was in charge of importing the console to my country, so I finally landed my hands on my nintendo switch on March 11th. After spending almost the whole day in a different city waitig to get my console, the only thing I wanted to do was catching the bus back home and once I got there I couldn´t wait to open the box. Once I did that, I got really surprised of the size of the console! It was really small!! Anyway, I turned it on and I completely forgot about the size!

One of the first things I do was comparing the Switch to my phone's size, so I found out that the Switch is bigger than my phone. And I was wondering how to slide the Joy-Cons on the Switch as the seller told me how it's done. So then I put some configurations as I'm going home from the game store, and I'm relieved that finally I'm able to get the Switch after saving up for pretty long time.

Watch the first 20 seconds of this video

Reactions: luigiFTW
When it got here I was busy so I was like “oh, it allready here? And i opened the box and was surprised by how shiny the screen was. It’s impressive how it still looks shiny even with all the fingerprints on it. I had no games at the time (oddessy was coming in the mail) but my dad had secretly bought mk8 deluxe, but when I told him that it was a upgraded version of a game I allready had he made me go buy arms instead. So I didn’t get to play it till the next day.

Back