Your opinion on a Legend of Zelda Animation/Movie?

• Thread starter Koneca
  • Start date

Would you like a new Zelda Animation/Movie?

• No, It should be a game forever

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Yes, as an animation!

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Yes, as a live-action!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Koneca

Koneca

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
Towns Folk
Do you think they should make a new Legend of Zelda Animation/Movie?
Which game would you like it to be inspired?
Live Action,anime-like, CGI?
Do you think Link would be better with an active voice?

My answer is yes and I think Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask would be good ones, mostly because they have so many fans but also because I would love to see the epic part where he gets the master sword! I imagine my heart racing as fast as a kid's heart.
IMO if they made a short anime serie, much like they did with Pokémon Red/Blue, the entire world would go crazy! :rotfl: but I would prefer if they made link as silent as possible! I think Navi or any other character would be enough to entretain the public!

Here are some fan made examples:

(I don't know if this should be on Ninten Pedia Playground section, i'm sorry if it's the wrong place! )

Reactions: TribstyAnn
I'm all for it being animated or CGI. Live-action for Zelda would just be weird to me and I don't think I could get in to it.

Last edited:
My fear of a Live-Action is if they pick the wrong cast or change the story too much. ><

My fear of a Live-Action is if they pick the wrong cast or change the story too much. ><
Let's be honest, you know it wouldn't be done right (if that even is such a thing for live-action adaptations).

Let's be honest, you know it wouldn't be done right (if that even is such a thing for live-action adaptations).

There are a few good ones but the story is never faithful enough for me to enjoy it 100%. I think Ocarina of Time is one of the easiest to make a movie about, but it would have to be made by someone with a good time perception, like Tim Burton did with the first Alice.
I also have a hard time if the actors don't have the right features for the characters they will play, much like the first video I posted inside the spoiler xD

Reactions: Shmickle
I would only be up for it if it is done right and I would say it would do better if it's only animation cause no one has been able to do a good live action for any game. All the live action game movies really suck and are awful , they go far away from the concept of it being from a game . Sad that we have so many ways to make a good live action but no one has figured out how yet. We turn out getting stuff like it's made by Michel Bay or something. Maybe if they can get it right a CG movie would be interesting to see cause like animation so much can be done with it to make it turn out awesome.

Has anyone seen the 1989 ish series? It was shown around the same time as The Super Mario Bros super show. I was really excited to see that there was a series, (only discovered it recently) but then that was ruined by link being incredibly annoying. "well excuuuuuse me, Princess. "

Has anyone seen the 1989 ish series? It was shown around the same time as The Super Mario Bros super show. I was really excited to see that there was a series, (only discovered it recently) but then that was ruined by link being incredibly annoying. "well excuuuuuse me, Princess. "

Yes. That's what I was thinking when I added "a new". I knew there was one before. I also hate it! xD

No link must stay mute and if they make. Movie the guy would not say a word for like an hour if they were going off of the games

Kirby's gotten a shot, so has Pit, why not Link next? (That would be pretty rad in my opinion.

Kirby's gotten a shot, so has Pit, why not Link next? (That would be pretty rad in my opinion.
But link is mute

The Legend of Zelda deserves its anime it would be cool if it came out in Cartoon Network Adult swim in Saturday's at 12am since it might have 18 and up content. Also every Saturday it comes out it should have a new episode Dragon Ball Z is a game and released its tv show Dragon Ball Super so that's kind of unfair not seeing one of our favorite games come out in a tv show sometimes we gamers get bored of games and just start watching tv ,but if the Legend of Zelda came out I think it would be great and it would get many views and if it can't air in Cartoon Network Adult Swim then hopefully it's able to air somewhere else like Youtube since Youtube has become a big company it even has their own tv shows also it was to air it could be either a kids show or a adult honestly it dosen't really matter because I wish they could realize a tv series of it

But link is mute
Kirby never spoke a word, and his show was okay.
Also, that's not true. Link does talk, but only to answer yes or no, (or for specific things when shopping.) I mean, "you" are Link in the series, and "you" choose the answers Link gives in those conversations. So in a sense... Link is indeed talking in the game. (AKA "You" are indeed talking in the game.)

Personally I prefer the Animation. If Zelda were to become a movie it should deserve an animation like the video above "Terrible Fate" If it were a live-action I would love to see it but as far as on it to be with the games it should deserve to be animation but all in all I'd like both nations matter what.

I directly thought about this:

If my sources are correct, this is a fanwork and it's not a piece of movie, there is nothing more than this video.

That is something I would love.

Kirby never spoke a word, and his show was okay.
Also, that's not true. Link does talk, but only to answer yes or no, (or for specific things when shopping.) I mean, "you" are Link in the series, and "you" choose the answers Link gives in those conversations. So in a sense... Link is indeed talking in the game. (AKA "You" are indeed talking in the game.)
btw, Wall-E movie was amazing, even if it was mostly mute. Such a style would fit Link I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Koneca
I think you might disagree with me but it should not live to see the light of day. Not even an animation. We all know how video game films go... they suck. I mean seriously, they'd have to perfectly execute it and still it would have flaws. No just no...

Back