Apex on the Switch Review PT. 1: First Thoughts

• Thread starter phofufury
  • Start date
phofufury

phofufury

idk
Towns Folk
Apex Legends just released yesterday. It is about 25 GB to download, and with good Internet connection, takes about 1 hr and a half to about 2 hrs to download. If you download this game rightaway, there is a special gift waiting for you. You can receive a Legendary Outfit for Pathfinder. You will also receive the first 31 levels of the Battle Pass. I am not sure on how long this deal will last, so if you want, be quick about it!

Graphics: The graphics are actually pretty good for the Switch. You do have a few smudged looking aspects of the game, but overall, it's not bad. The guns look great, and the characters havn't lost much, if any, details.

Mechanics: The mechanics are the same as other consoles, very well made. The sliding is great, the shooting is fantastic, and the overall aspect of the loot and abilities are very good.

Gameplay: (Disclaimer, I have not played Online yet, only got to try out the practice. PT. 2 will include the Online Play.)
The gameplay is really good. The shooting feels great, the sounds are really good, and the weapons are satisfying. The abilities are nice, but depends on which Legend you like the most.

Controller Buttons: This is my least favorite part of the game. For shooters, I normally change my button mapping. I do not like clicking the sticks to run, but for Apex, it seems like this cannot be helped much. Normally, I use the Left or Right button to sprint, but in Apex, those buttons are for your abilities. For your super, you can press both L and R to trigger, however, since I changed my sprint to R, I will have to click the Left stick to use my Pings. That means I had to click L and Left Stick to trigger my super. That does not work well at all. Hopefully I can figure out the button mapping, as it is a little hard to configure it.

Beginner Level Friendly? Somewhat. This is a competitive game, so you will have to watch guides or tips and tricks to get a better understanding. If you know your way around FPS's, then you won't have much difficulty starting out in this game. Hwoever, if you are new to this genre, then watching some guides will help.

Overall Mechanics and Graphics of the game: 8/10

PT. 2 will cover more of the gameplay, and give the final score.

Reactions: Marc and Mizunil
It is about 25 GB to download, and with good Internet connection, takes about 1 hr and a half to about 2 hrs to download.
Hey I might download this - oh. I would have to archive almost everything I have (the Switch is 32 GB right?) to get it :c. This would take me 4-6 hours woah.

You can receive a Legendary Outfit for Pathfinder. You will also receive the first 31 levels of the Battle Pass.
Do these normally cost money?

Nice review! I'm lowkey thinking about archiving everything just to get the special gift, but then I'd have to archive Apex again and redownload everything, not sure how worth it this is. I probably won't tbh, but once I get an SD card in the future I look forward to downloading this.

Reactions: phofufury
Do these normally cost money?
For the most part, I believe that you can earn some of the currency through matches, but cosmetics cost a lot of that currency. You normally get a small share from those matches. I will have to look into it further, but I think the currency can also be obtainable through loot crates, which you can get various ways. It's been a while since I played it last, and I'm not sure if they changed it up a bit. I have to find out more when I play online on my Switch. Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: Mizunil
Back