Information that the server collects from visitors :
The server that hosts NintenPedia.com collects information about visitors just like a majority of websites on the Internet. You can view the information that we collect below.
- Internet Protocol address (IP address for short)
- Email Address (if you sign up at our forum)
- Geographical location
- Referral source
- Operating System
- Web Browser type and version
- The length of a visit, page views, navigation, and any other related browsing activities.
The information collected may be used to enhance user experience. For example, if someone discovered one of this website’s web pages from a search engine, a notice might be displayed to help the user find what he/she is looking for.
We may also share some of this information with people who wish to advertise on NintenPedia.com. For example, how much traffic the website received last month, how many page views did the website get in another month, etc.
We will never sell or share email addresses used to contact us or sign up to use our forum without the user’s consent. Users who are under the age of 13 years should refrain from publishing any information on this website unless under parental supervision.
What are cookies and how do we use them?
An Internet cookie is also known as HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie. A cookie is a small piece of data that is normally sent from websites to the visitor’s web browser while visiting a web page. No, it’s not the type of cookies that mom makes. When visitors return, cookies are sent back from the user’s browser to the website, notifying it of a returning visitor. For more information about cookies, please use WikiPedia.
Our cookie usage
- Registration and maintaining your preferences. This includes ensuring that you can stay logged in and keeping the site in the language or appearance that you requested.
- Analytics. This allows us to determine how people are using the site and improve it.
- Advertising cookies (possibly third-party). If this site displays advertising, cookies may be set by the advertisers to determine who has viewed an ad or similar things. These cookies may be set by third parties, in which case this site has no ability to read or write these cookies.
- Other third-party cookies for things like Facebook or Twitter sharing. These cookies will generally be set by the third-party independently, so this site will have no ability to access them.
Standard cookies we set
These are the main cookies we set during normal operation of the software.
- xf_csrf – Stores a token, unique to you, which is used to verify that the actions you perform on this site were intended to be performed by you.
- xf_session – Stores the current ID of your session.
- xf_user – Stores a key, unique to you, which allows us to keep you logged in to the software as you navigate from page to page.
Additional cookies and those set by third parties
Additional cookies may be set during the use of the site to remember information as certain actions are being performed, or remembering certain preferences.
Other cookies may be set by third party service providers which may provide information such as tracking anonymously which users are visiting the site, or set by content embedded into some pages, such as YouTube or other media service providers.
Google’s Use of the DART Cookie :
Links To Other Websites :