Buy or gift?

• Thread starter Maddie
  • Start date
Maddie

Maddie

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
Do you usually buy your own stuff or does someone usually buy it for you?

When I first got a job, I always bought my own stuff the minute it came out but I was still at home, living with my parents at the time. Now, I am living on my own and so I have bills to pay. So I usually wait till someone will buy it for me for my birthday or for Christmas or something like that.

Reactions: phofufury
I purchase everything myself. When I was younger, my eldest sister purchased stuff for me though.

It depends. Now, I tend to buy the things I want myself, but still, sometimes my parents or my sisters tend to do me a surprise and buy what I want for me. But it's rare now, though.

I tend to buy everything myself, that doesn't mean if i'm interested in something I wouldn't ask my parents to get it for me cause I would.

I tend to buy stuff for myself but it always leave me broke lol Anyways, everyday in college is like you have to spend for your classmate's notes to be photocopied etc. Whenever I don't have cash, I would always appreciate presents lol

I usually buy the games that I really want. Sometimes, my friends or family gets me something for my birthday. In fact, half my 3DS games were given to me as gifts.

I'm pretty young, so usually my dad buys my Nintendo stuff. Although, I do pay him the total amount of money used to buy the Nintendo thing. I don't pay him back if it is a gift (like from Christmas, B-days, etc.).

My parents usually buy my games, but I bought Tomodachi Life with my own money. So most of the time it's both at once.

I don't usually get gaming gifts. :(

I can't rely on others to buy me them either, although it would be nice. So I buy them myself. :)

They pay for my clothes, but I have to pay for things I don't really need, like games, books or necklaces and stuff myself. I almost always ask a game for my birthday though, so that's an exception :)

When I was younger my parents got me everything I needed. Then when I got my gba SP for christ mad they started getting me games for it. Then I started doing chores around the house for an allowance. After that my parents made me get all my games, except for birthdays.

I usually save up my money to buy a game , though it's really my parents buying it for me either locally or online . So I think that perhaps that I usually get games as a gift from my parents during special occasions mostly . Some times I save enough money to get the game :p

Do I have friends? No. Do I have family? Yes, but they have absolutely no knowledge of what games I like or already own so they tend to avoid it and buy me books instead. In short? I buy games myself, who is there to buy games for me?

In fact, my parents were against the idea of me playing games altogether when I first got into it. No doubt they'd still much rather I read books. Or even watch films. They must think games and the internet are rotting my brain, I'm sure.

Two of my old friends... well, one old friend and one person I still talk to, both bought me games on Steam once or twice. Those are the only instances anyone else has ever got games for me in recent years aside from when my parents bought me Pokken Tournament with my Switch that one Christmas.

I've bought a lot of my own games in recent years. Mainly I want to have a personal collection of Switch games that will last past the Switch lifespan as this might be the last console I truly wanted to own. That being said I ask for physical games at Christmas and I typically only get one a year. I tend to wait for sales though. I used to just get games I asked for on a much more common basis but at that point I was a kid without responsibilities.

I normally buy stuff myself now, though my parents would still buy me stuff occasionally, for Christmas and my birthday. Though sometimes, I try to convince them that I can buy it myself since i have the money, and that I don't want them spending a lot on me.

Buy stuff myself. Tis' the collector way. Usually I'm the only one who knows specifically what I want too. Like as of right now I am looking for a Singaporean copy of Bravely Default 2. It has no age rating and has English on the cover, as well as some foiling like the Japanese cover. It's super hard to find, since I live in America. I found a company that will ship one to me, for a bit more then I want to pay though.

Back