Is Mortal Kombat 11 Worth It?

• Thread starter phofufury
  • Start date
phofufury

phofufury

idk
Towns Folk
I've never really played a game in the MK series, but i've been wanting to get into it. I've heard some great reviews of this game, but mainly on other systems. One problem on the Switch was the graphics. To me, graphics don't make up everything, but they are still equally important to the gameplay. The gameplay is essentially the same tho, as on other consoles. Many complained the game in handheld mode and on the TV are very blurry. I have not found much info if the game has been updated since its release on the Switch, but it seems pretty decent. I was thinking on getting it soon, as it's dirt cheap on Amazon and stuff, but I'm wondering if it's worth it. I mainly want to play competitive online as well, (ik i have to pay for NSO tho, i'll prob get that if i get this game) but I'm wondering if this game is kinda dead online? It's been about a year since it's release, I'm sure it's popular, but is it dead on the Switch?

From what I can tell it is not worth it. There is a ton of DLC for this game and the cheapest for only the game physically is $13.99 at certain times. I'd rather try the older games to be honest if you could. You'd get more value and I doubt you want to play any sort of fighting game you haven't played less than your opponent regardless of console. Look up the DLC first if you want to see if there's tier lists and that too in case you only want to get certain characters later.

Most of this is a deal-breaker for me though.

Reactions: phofufury
this appears to the the fighting game series where the older games are higher priority iver the newer ones.
the value lies more so in the older releases it seems.
you might have more fun with the older games if you are able to get them.
the newest game in this series may have nice lookin graphices but has the least overall enjoyment factor.
the older gamees with babality are quite funny at the very least.

Reactions: phofufury
From what I can tell it is not worth it. There is a ton of DLC for this game and the cheapest for only the game physically is $13.99 at certain times. I'd rather try the older games to be honest if you could. You'd get more value and I doubt you want to play any sort of fighting game you haven't played less than your opponent regardless of console. Look up the DLC first if you want to see if there's tier lists and that too in case you only want to get certain characters later.

Most of this is a deal-breaker for me though.
i'll definitely look into the dlc, their are some characters i am familiar with, such as the Joker. I will also see if they have older versions on the Switch, thanks for the advice!

Back