youtube on wii u was a massive mistake and is horrendously glitchy (rant)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
alright ive gotten awfully fed up with what im about to discuss here so im going to try my best not to have too much of a fit here... but let me start by saying this: wii u youtube is absolute garbage. its too prone to glitching and lagging and the crapton of ad flooding they do is ZERO help here. note that almost every glitch ive encountered on it existed since the applications wii u launch time, and they have STILL failed to fix the garbage, and i mean all of it. every last glitch and problem im about to list has existed from the get go and junk-tube has failed to do a darn thing about it:

videos get stuck and cant be fixed without restarting the application completely ok so youre probably like why not just push the back button or rewind it? sadly i have tried that numerous times and it ends up getting re-stuck on the same time stamp no matter how much i do these things. solution? restart the stupid application, rewrite the search bar and hope to garbage it doesnt happen another time when you do

Faked "reconnect" screen that ALWAYS ends in "unable to contact youtube" im not even going to get started on this one.. when this happens it does not like to stop AT ALL for an entire nights dang sleep. i legitimately wanna call crap trolling on youtube here because anytime this happens even once it almost always happens another 3-5 times and its just infuriating at this point... the only reason i even use this piece of garbage app is for music when i go to sleep and god i am done with this cheap glitch for sure

clog the homepage with a load of garbage to provide the slowest startup times possible this has gotten progressively worse. and to top it all off its made this already broken program even more prone to glitching than it already was.

no more touch screen keyboard, why?! this was honestly the end of my patience for this string of endless nonsense... they automatically built in a VERY broken and bad patch that locked out the on screen keypad for the wii u touch screen and now its only a trashy one that has the touch control horribly inaccurate forcing me to use the buttons to enter text e every... single... time... (major sighs of exhaustion here)

this is honestly the most horrible and lazy job youtube has ever done with their application. im seriously and absolutely 1* it for this load of garbage i listed above... this mess is the reason i have so little patience with youtube overall now, not just on wii u either... do your freaking jobs and fix the bugs, please ! this is speechlessly ridiculous

Well....I dont think that those bugs will get fixed. Because I think they're gonna completely stop support for the wii u like they did for the 3ds. Thankfully, the one on the switch is really smooth and I havent faced any problems at all whatsoever.

Well....I dont think that those bugs will get fixed. Because I think they're gonna completely stop support for the wii u like they did for the 3ds. Thankfully, the one on the switch is really smooth and I havent faced any problems at all whatsoever.
no but this crap shouldve been fixed forever ago. the reason im so angry about is because of the fact they have purposefully ignored all these problems and never made any attempt to fix this junk even when the wii u was more active and i only get this mad when im really near 100% done with some form of nonsense, these problems happened way too repeatedly and its honestly hard to not be mad about it especially when they deliberately didnt attempt to resolve it. just gives me a real hardened impression that they could care less about overall quality... not good

• Informative
Reactions: Jisenku, Mizunil and Deepak
Did you try out youtube on the 3ds when it was still there? That was way more worse. I only ever got one video to load. And then it never worked for me afterwards.

Reactions: Jisenku
Did you try out youtube on the 3ds when it was still there? That was way more worse. I only ever got one video to load. And then it never worked for me afterwards.
I didnt even bother with it after what the wii u one did to my patience and sanity...and probably a good thing i didnt. i used it in the browser a couple times and the loads are shaky but not nearly as much repetitive and sometimes seemingly trolly bullcrap that the wii u did and still does of course...

I dont really like the random unwanted playlists on the switch application when i click on a video that isnt visibly listed in one but by flipping god at least it doesnt lag and crash 9 thousand times day...

Reactions: Deepak
alright ive gotten awfully fed up with what im about to discuss here so im going to try my best not to have too much of a fit here... but let me start by saying this: wii u youtube is absolute garbage. its too prone to glitching and lagging and the crapton of ad flooding they do is ZERO help here. note that almost every glitch ive encountered on it existed since the applications wii u launch time, and they have STILL failed to fix the garbage, and i mean all of it. every last glitch and problem im about to list has existed from the get go and junk-tube has failed to do a darn thing about it:

videos get stuck and cant be fixed without restarting the application completely ok so youre probably like why not just push the back button or rewind it? sadly i have tried that numerous times and it ends up getting re-stuck on the same time stamp no matter how much i do these things. solution? restart the stupid application, rewrite the search bar and hope to garbage it doesnt happen another time when you do

Faked "reconnect" screen that ALWAYS ends in "unable to contact youtube" im not even going to get started on this one.. when this happens it does not like to stop AT ALL for an entire nights dang sleep. i legitimately wanna call crap trolling on youtube here because anytime this happens even once it almost always happens another 3-5 times and its just infuriating at this point... the only reason i even use this piece of garbage app is for music when i go to sleep and god i am done with this cheap glitch for sure

clog the homepage with a load of garbage to provide the slowest startup times possible this has gotten progressively worse. and to top it all off its made this already broken program even more prone to glitching than it already was.

no more touch screen keyboard, why?! this was honestly the end of my patience for this string of endless nonsense... they automatically built in a VERY broken and bad patch that locked out the on screen keypad for the wii u touch screen and now its only a trashy one that has the touch control horribly inaccurate forcing me to use the buttons to enter text e every... single... time... (major sighs of exhaustion here)

this is honestly the most horrible and lazy job youtube has ever done with their application. im seriously and absolutely 1* it for this load of garbage i listed above... this mess is the reason i have so little patience with youtube overall now, not just on wii u either... do your freaking jobs and fix the bugs, please ! this is speechlessly ridiculous
sounds pretty bad, tho i never had youtube on the wii u. i had it on the 3ds tho, and honestly it worked pretty good for me. i had a 3ds xl, so idk if that made an upgrade to it on 3ds. but @Deepak is right, it works really good on switch, no problems whatsoever. tho a few things on that, why cant u access comments, or see them? sometimes, someone says "link in description" for something useful, but i cant get it cuz it has no desc or comments....and why cant you use the live chat either? it lets u see it but not access it lol. other than that tho, its pretty good.

Reactions: Deepak and Kadaj
sounds pretty bad, tho i never had youtube on the wii u. i had it on the 3ds tho, and honestly it worked pretty good for me. i had a 3ds xl, so idk if that made an upgrade to it on 3ds. but @Deepak is right, it works really good on switch, no problems whatsoever. tho a few things on that, why cant u access comments, or see them? sometimes, someone says "link in description" for something useful, but i cant get it cuz it has no desc or comments....and why cant you use the live chat either? it lets u see it but not access it lol. other than that tho, its pretty good.
yeah, i also wish we could see the comments and the description too. not being able to do this on switch removes some crucial clarity for video guides and such, but im guessing the reason is because of kids and sometimes people write some pretty trashy and unnecessary things that kids dont need to be seeing.

then again, theres parental controls for a reason... parents, please do your job and be parents here ;-;

Reactions: Duffy and phofufury
yeah, i also wish we could see the comments and the description too. not being able to do this on switch removes some crucial clarity for video guides and such, but im guessing the reason is because of kids and sometimes people write some pretty trashy and unnecessary things that kids dont need to be seeing.

then again, theres parental controls for a reason... parents, please do your job and be parents here ;-;
it probably is kind of cuz of unnecessary comments, but like u said, parents need to do their jobs! if anything, there should be a parental control for the youtube app, where u can turn off the comments, cuz its not just kids who have a switch! tho, again, it probably would be unnecessary for the most part since most ppl have computers and phones...

Yikes yeah I used the 3ds youtube app and quickly found that my phone was muchhhhhhhhhhhhh better then the app. I wonder if the app is nice on switch? That would be nice honestly so you can play it in handhelp mode and then really easily connect youtube to any TV. Streaming is hard and can be interrupted and kills your phone battery so switch would be perfect for that.

The Wii Youtube app was pretty bad. Searching was okay but the load times were really slow on vids, but I think most of the time it worked. 3DS's YT app was okay as I was able to watch a lot of music but videos in general were blurry so I only used if for music and even then I had to leave the screen open to listen to it. Most of the time now I use my laptop for watching Youtube but smart TVs usually have no problem with Youtube even though typing might be inconvenient. Never tried it on the Switch and probably never need to.

Oculus Quest YT is incredibly great and super easy to navigate, so it's probably just a Wii U thing ;~;

wii u story as a whole was bleak.
a free app , youtube works worse than the 3ds and even vita before it.
it is good info to know to avoid dealing with the pain of using it in a wii u.
myself , personally has skipped wii u completely.
at the time it came out was broke and debated on either ask for 3ds game as gift or wii u. always picked the cheaper 3ds option and abandoned the wii u completely.
even though no own wii u would like to have smash wii unfor collection as i like smash series.

I never used the app. I never saw any reason to, it seemed pointless when you can get it in the browser this time around. Especially when you can use it in the middle of a game. The browser's YouTube worked fine enough, as well as plenty of other sites, so the app was more or less entirely pointless.

I think I might've downloaded and used it once, simply to see what it was like. I didn't run into any errors during the half an hour or less that I actually used it but I'm not even sure if I ever watched any videos.

...Isn't it entirely redundant to make an app when a much better version is already built in, like I said? I don't see what Nintendo aimed at with this. Maybe the same kind logic they had when creating Miiverse, maybe it's not so surprising the Wii U failed as terribly as it did, ultimately. I can understand they made some terrible decisions in the era and perhaps wasting money to get a redundant app like YouTube onto their console was one of them.

I haven't used youtube on the wii u for 4 years but I could imagine how glitchy and buggy the app could be. X{ Is youtube even still working on the wii u and not discontinued. They discontinued hulu and netflix on wii u a long time ago. Kinda sucks but ig.

Back