What fuels your nightmares?

• Thread starter PrimordialMew24
  • Start date
PrimordialMew24

PrimordialMew24

Custom Title
Towns Folk
Fears can be legitimate or irrational. Here's a few of mine:

#1 Fear of dying in fire/burning to death.
images
A very primal fear, most animals fear fire. I don't however have issues with a controlled fire, for instance in a grill or fireplace. Heck, I've cooked with fire before. It's just that...FIRE HOT!! FIRE HURT!!

Fear of
images

Clowns to me are an irrational fear. No real rhyme or reason. I just hated them long before I saw "IT".
This is the picture of the first clown I really remember encountering. Despite being the mascot of heart attacks on buns and the Ronald McDonald House that helps families with sick kids. Why a creepy clown? Clowns make me feel more anxiety than hunger.

Another one of my fears and I've had multiple nightmares of these things
220px-Theraphosa_blondi_MHNT.jpg

Probably a more primal fear because spider bites can kill or make you very sick. Also, I don't like the way they move...Creepy!

My question to you Pedia is this: What fuels your nightmares??

Please, nothing sick or disrespectful should be shown or discussed.

Last edited:
Probably the same with you @PrimordialMew24 . Fire is probably the one that fuels my nightmares, which is probably with most people. I mean yes Fire is dangerous and it's hurts by the touch, but just the fact of being "Cooked" alive is just something that most people probably fear.
As for Clowns, I don't really have a fear of them. "IT" is nothing to be scared about. Besides its a movie, just enjoy it :p
Lastly for Spiders.....It doesn't fuel my nightmares but......I will squash them on sight. I just hate them things crawling around like its there world. The bigger they are the worse >.< Then there's the people that say that Spiders are cute...........WHY!

Reactions: PrimordialMew24
Probably the same with you @PrimordialMew24 . Fire is probably the one that fuels my nightmares, which is probably with most people. I mean yes Fire is dangerous and it's hurts by the touch, but just the fact of being "Cooked" alive is just something that most people probably fear.
As for Clowns, I don't really have a fear of them. "IT" is nothing to be scared about. Besides its a movie, just enjoy it :p
Lastly for Spiders.....It doesn't fuel my nightmares but......I will squash them on sight. I just hate them things crawling around like its there world. The bigger they are the worse >.< Then there's the people that say that Spiders are cute...........WHY!

I just don't like clowns. I do enjoy a good horror movie once in while even if it does have clowns...I wouldn't mind seeing the remake of "IT" either.

Reactions: Dark Link
I have a few fears that don't show up very often but are still there.
I have a fear of drowning or being in deep water. I'm not a good swimmer. Water is probably not good for my lungs and I don't want to feel it in the case that it does get there. There were a few cases where I almost drowned.

I have a fear of losing things that I can't get back. It may be a save file on a game or simply something around my house that I like. It's never a good feeling when I lose something unless I know where it's at. Sometimes I just misplace things and find them later like say a calculator and find them later in a car or something like that.

Not darkness, but things that come at night usually worry me where I live. (I'm probably irrational to assume a rabid animal shows up one night. But after seeing a raccoon roughly like fourty pounds or so lifeless, yet still breathing... I start to wonder the worst.)

Clowns don't really scare me that much. I mean, I can see how they're scary, but then I realized that (the real) clowns are just people trying to make a decent living, but it's harder now thanks to media like IT.

And fire? I live with fire, so it's kind of a necessity. A grill exploded and burnt my hand and half my face, but it was due to some stupidity on my part.

Now I'm really scared of the dark. It's not because of the darkness, but what's in the dark...like objects that stub your toe. :sorry:

But for me, I think it's body horror that kind of eggs me on. As humans, we identify people by their facial feature. It's an ancient instinct. So it bothers me when I go to the movies and I see something like this:

toht_8064.jpg

Another thing that gets me down is dystopian stories. Horror stories that involve monsters or serial killers really don't effect my as much as a normal person would, because the characters are so stupid! They are apparently intellectually challenged to not even think of calling the authorities. Heck, running is something that would solve most cases that characters do not consider! If you move into a creepy place and you're told the last owner died, don't gamble with you life, just get out!!

But dystopian stories? That freaks me out. It's a corrupt form of government where everyone is just okay with the current situation. I mean, why?!

Spiders also freak me out. If I had to pick between spiders or snakes, I'd pick snakes anytime.

(Sorry...)

@Aura_Knight394 Body horror is a movie genre that can be found in The Exorcist, Contracted,
2011splitface.png

(John Carpenter's The Thing?) Do you think the Thing counts as Body horror?
I suppose it is understandable to have fears related to body horror.

Last edited:
@Ace What movie is that from?

@Ace What movie is that from?
The Thing. (2013 prequel.) A mysterious extraterrestrial entity that's killing and assimilating the people in a south pole research facility.

Back