Is Team Kirby Clash Deluxe a scam?

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
I've been wondering this for a while now, and maybe you guys could answer this question. And the question is this. Is Team Kirby Clash Deluxe a stupid game? If you don't know what Team Kirby Clash Deluxe is, allow me to help. Team Kirby Clash Deluxe is a free to start game released by Nintendo on April 12th, 2017. It's a lot like Team Kirby Clash from Kirby: Planet Robobot, but with new features, like Gem Apples, a store, and quests and the village. Pretty much, they took a sort of mini game, and made it into a fully fledged game. But, it started running into problems right away. When I went to download the game, I was super excited that Nintendo released a new free game. When I was on the page for the game, it said that it was free, but had in-game purchases. I didn't think too much of it at the time, so I immediately downloaded it, and started to play. After about 20 minutes of gameplay, I quickly realized that it was pretty much a scam. Sure, it was free, but Nintendo purposely made it next to impossible to advance in the game without buying Gem Apples with Nintendo Eshop balance. I found that really annoying, so I didn't buy any and tried to advance with the in game missions. But that's what made me rack up 120 hours of gameplay on the game. Even the passwords box was a waste. Nintendo always promised to release passwords for the game to get Gem Apples, and everyone was super excited. But Miiverse is already shutting down, and they literally only released one password. So, what do you guys think? Is the game worth it, or are you just gonna rage when you die and have to buy more Gem Apples to continue?

I've been wondering this for a while now, and maybe you guys could answer this question. And the question is this. Is Team Kirby Clash Deluxe a stupid game? If you don't know what Team Kirby Clash Deluxe is, allow me to help. Team Kirby Clash Deluxe is a free to start game released by Nintendo on April 12th, 2017. It's a lot like Team Kirby Clash from Kirby: Planet Robobot, but with new features, like Gem Apples, a store, and quests and the village. Pretty much, they took a sort of mini game, and made it into a fully fledged game. But, it started running into problems right away. When I went to download the game, I was super excited that Nintendo released a new free game. When I was on the page for the game, it said that it was free, but had in-game purchases. I didn't think too much of it at the time, so I immediately downloaded it, and started to play. After about 20 minutes of gameplay, I quickly realized that it was pretty much a scam. Sure, it was free, but Nintendo purposely made it next to impossible to advance in the game without buying Gem Apples with Nintendo Eshop balance. I found that really annoying, so I didn't buy any and tried to advance with the in game missions. But that's what made me rack up 120 hours of gameplay on the game. Even the passwords box was a waste. Nintendo always promised to release passwords for the game to get Gem Apples, and everyone was super excited. But Miiverse is already shutting down, and they literally only released one password. So, what do you guys think? Is the game worth it, or are you just gonna rage when you die and have to buy more Gem Apples to continue?
Remember the days of old when RPG's when grinding was (and still is) a thing? Well, yeah...that's this game in a nutshell with a heck of a lot more of it. Yes, the game is a pain to progress through, and spending money on it doesn't make a lot of sense. But I think it's the best of its kind when it comes to being a free-to-play game. Sounds like you've been grinding a lot more than I have. I just enjoy the game for being a Free-ish Kirby game. Remember Rusty's Real Deal Baseball? That was the epitome of the Free-to-Start genre on the 3DS. I'm just glad we haven't had any other games like it, and that Kirby Clash Deluxe is actually playable and beatable, if you're willing to spend all your time and more on it.

Yeah, I guess. But don't even get me started on Rusty's Real Deal Baseball. That was never free. That was, and always will be a 100% scam. Always.

Yeah, I guess. But don't even get me started on Rusty's Real Deal Baseball. That was never free. That was, and always will be a 100% scam. Always.
I know, I think that's when Nintendo started calling their free-to-play games Free-to Start. xD Reallllly sneaky of them. I only had it for about a day before I was done with it. Whoever came up with the idea might have had a better time of it if they'd just made it a paid game. Most of the minigames sounded kinda fun...it was the fact that you had to pay for them that drove me away. And the main trick used to sell the game was the player's pity for Rusty. The whole thing just felt uninviting.

@Samster123
I estimate it was about a good month after which i unlocked and finished all stages (with platinum). A recommendation is really to not waste apples too quickly on an mid tier new weapon upgrade. Sure it may be though but try to progress (and gain apples) by leveling up and when you got a golden weapon wait it off untill you can get one of the final platinum ones.

The game as you described isn't exactly a scam, just the defining features for practically all the "free to start" games in the Nintendo E-shop and most mobile games. It shouldn't be a surprising thing at this point now. It's very much the reason why I never decided to play it or plan to play it. It'd just be something fun in the beginning then you get stuck else you come back daily or pay.

I thought it was pretty fun (at first).
Just happily playing minding my own bussiness.
Streetpassing a school kid of lvl 50 on a regular basis.
AND SUDDENLY
You have to pay real money to make the apple tree grow.
;-;
Well lets just say i was not fond of Kirby and 'free to start'...

Never paid, it takes time to get enough apples but it's fun. I would never pay for that, so as a free game, it's a good one.

I'm level 50 and have some platinum and platinum DX gear, and in Europe, sadly for you, we got 7 codes, including one for 50 apples(but we still get 5 apples every 12h) if I remember correctly, and that's something I don't understand: these codes were only for Europe, not even Japan!! Why not you??

Reactions: Kakea

It IS a scam! If you don't care, you'd spend money like me! But if you do, you'd just wait for Gem Apples!

I don't think it's a complete scam.

I've played almost all of the free-to-play games that the eShop has to offer. I've noticed that the Pokémon and Kirby games really are free to play. Sure, they are notorious for making some game progress dependent on money, but they do offer what I like to call "loopholes" for progressing in the game. In the Kirby game, that's the Gem apple tree, as well as some of the accomplishments, but the tree in particular. Once every 12 hours, you'll get Gem Apples. The amount of apples you get depends on how many Gem Apples you buy in the shop. The least amount of apples you can get from the tree is 5. I don't know how many apples a fully-upgraded tree would cost, but upgrading it twice will give you 14 apples a pop.

In the game, you do progress by using Gem Apples, but the game is beatable without having to spend a cent. Shoot, I got to the final boss before I finally caved in and gave some moolah, but that's besides the point. If you don't have money to use, the game will instead make use of your patience.

Here's what I did about the problem:

1. Every morning I'd harvest Gem Apples from the tree.
2. I'd save up on apples for gear or quests.
3. When I lose to a new quest, I don't continue. You still get experience, though minimal, if you run out of time and chose not to use Gem Apples. If your whole team is dominated and you chose not to continue, you will not get EXP.
4. Now knowing what my limits are, I go back to earlier quests and complete easier quests for EXP and clearing achievements until I run out of vigor.
5. By getting achievements cleared, it raises my hero rank and EXP.
6. The higher the hero rank, the more of a chance you have at finding Rare Fragments in battle.
7. By leveling up, my Vigor is maxed out and increases by 2.
8. By fighting a boss over and over, I can level up more.

So really, it's just a measure of patience. I still haven't beaten the final boss, so I'm battling Parallel Suzie over and over to level up and get new equipment. So far, I'm at level 45 with everyone in my team having Platinum Equipment, and by getting my Fire, Water and Light quantity to 999 each I got a lot of rare fragments, so pretty soon I can get the DX versions of every Platinum Equipment for every class. And with all the battling I'm doing, I may even get to Level 50 pretty soon.

As I said in the above paragraph, maybe this game is just a measure of patience. :oops:

Reactions: Kakea and Alegria
I'm level 50 and I cleared each stage at least once. The last of the 6 worlds is the only one where I still have achievements to do and some fight to make platinum. Also, all my jobs have both platinum equipment, but they aren't all DX. and I haven't spent a cent.
some researches for curiosity showed me that the biggest tree is this one:
upload_2017-12-6_2-2-48.pngupload_2017-12-6_2-3-16.png

source:http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Gem_Apple

I'm level 50 and I cleared each stage at least once. The last of the 6 worlds is the only one where I still have achievements to do and some fight to make platinum. Also, all my jobs have both platinum equipment, but they aren't all DX. and I haven't spent a cent.
some researches for curiosity showed me that the biggest tree is this one:
View attachment 17692View attachment 17693

source:http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Gem_Apple

HOW DID YOU GET THE TREE THAT BIG WITHOUT SPENDING A CENT!!!?

HOW DID YOU GET THE TREE THAT BIG WITHOUT SPENDING A CENT!!!?
No! it's not MY tree! it's the biggest tree that I saw on the website I showed! My tree is a 5 apples/12H

The game isn't really a scam. Similarly to Pokemon Picross, you can 100% the game, through time and patience, without spending a single cent. Although the game is set up to take your money, you don't need to play the game pay-to-win, and you can enjoy a fun experience. However, playing the game normally will take a while. The game overall can be a fun experience, except for when there can be painful grinding moments programmed to take your money.

Reactions: Alegria
Back