RMT / Team Help Can someone help me fix this?

• Thread starter Bagel
  • Start date
Bagel

Bagel

we do a little trolling
Towns Folk
I'm trying to make a stall serperior and i dont know what to do with evs
Current Set:
Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Energy Ball
- Calm Mind
I'm not getting the hang of making competitive sets, and this is one of my first. I'm open to constructive criticism.
Note: I do have an HA serperior, if i need to have contrary.

If you're not using leaf storm, you don't really need contrary. Then again, your calm mind boosts will be reversed.

Why are you using quiet nature? Is it for a trick room team? If not, you will need speed to set up subs and seeds quickly. You also lack fast recovery so I'd ditch calm mind if I was you. Instead, I'd use (assuming I was ready to defeat all of my counters before switching in) :

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Leaf Storm
- Protect

You get walled by grass-type Pokemon and Pokemon with abilities that absorb grass type moves (eg. sap sipper).

I'm trying to make a stall serperior and i dont know what to do with evs
Current Set:
Serperior @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Energy Ball
- Calm Mind
I'm not getting the hang of making competitive sets, and this is one of my first. I'm open to constructive criticism.
Note: I do have an HA serperior, if i need to have contrary.
I have a similar set for my Servine which I use for PU. Assuming that you want to keep Calm Mind to boost your special bulk, then you should keep Overgrow. I'd suggest you go for:

Serperior @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp.A
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis/Substitute

One of Serperior assets is it's good base Speed, there is no point in lowering it, and on top of that you can avoid damage if you outspeed and OHKO the opponent when you have enough Sp.Atk boosts. Giga Drain is the superior option for your offensive move because it provides more recovery. In the last moveslot I added Synthesis as an option over Substitute, it makes setting up easier though Sub has uses that Synthesis cannot provide (such as protecting against Status moves, particularly Toxic). Max investment in Defense is best for a "stall" Calm Mind boosting set as it makes up for not being able to boost that stat.

There's a problem though, if you're going to battle someone under Smogon rules, this set has minimal viability. Because Serperior is BL, it can only be used in OU and Ubers. With Pokémon such as Landorus-T, Kartana, Celesteela, Heatran, Mega Charizard, Alolan Marowak, Nihilego... (the list goes on) there's very little Serperior can do outside the standard offensive Contrary set. I think it works fine for battles that are just for fun or in mixed tier battles though.

Back