Support Needed so i dropped my wii u gamepad...

• Thread starter Retro The Dutchie
  • Start date
Retro The Dutchie

Retro The Dutchie

THE GALAGA GOD (if i had a Galaga machine XP)
Towns Folk
I can still see the screen I just can't use the touchscreen. do i need to replace the lcd or the digitizer or both??

If the screen itself still works, probably just the digitizer. I haven't had to do anything like this, so I don't have a clue either about what it is, but a quick lookup of 'digitizer' is all you need to figure it out.
I've noticed that there is A LOT of confusion surrounding the cell phone replacement part called a 'digitizer' or sometimes called 'LCD digitizer'. So, what exactly is a digitizer or LCD digitizer? Well, hopefully to end most of the confusion, it IS NOT an LCD.

The LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) is like a super thin and fragile computer monitor, it's the source of the image displayed on your phone.

The digitizer by definition is a device used to convert analog signals into digitial signals. In the case of our cell phones, this device would be the glass that covers the LCD. Yes, the glass piece that is attached to the LCD is the digitizer... or sometimes called LCD digitizer. It converts your actions (press, swipe, etc) into a digital signal that your phone understands. The data from the digitizer (glass) is transferred to the phone by the attached digitizer flex cable or digitizer flex ribbon, that should be included in your purchase of a replacement LCD digitizer. It's pretty difficult to preserve the integrity of the flex cable when there is a digitizer replacement performed.

So, when we have an LCD assembly, minus small parts and frames, we're looking at 3 major components...
1) the digitizer (front glass),
2) the digitizer flex cable (should be attached to the glass) and
3) the LCD display unit.

All 3 of these components can be purchased separately or all together. Although, I wouldn't recommend to anyone that they purchase the digitizer without the digitizer flex cable. Mounting the flex cable can be tricky with some phones and if not done correctly will give you poor functionality of your touch screen LCD.
Source

Reactions: 18
Maybe it broke you should try to go somewhere to see if it can get fixed for a cheap price or buy a new one on Amazon if you want because you can't fix it I will recommend you to go and buy one from Amazon because most sellers have a 80-100% trust percentage
and that means that the person who owns the item sells a lot of items and everytime he/she sell you an item the person who is selling it always has positive feedback meaning you can trust them while in EBay most traders scam the consumers who buy products from their I never really liked EBay probably because of many sellers scam people and they aren't trustable and everytime I buy something online I always buy it from Amazon.

Back