Happy Mask Shop (Ocarina of Time)

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date

Lime Pawpaw
Towns Folk
Here I would like to talk about how the Happy Mask Shop, or rather its owner, scares the hell out of me in Ocarina of Time.

You borrow a mask, sell it for a profit, go back to the shop and pay the base price for the mask. In other words, the Happy Mask Shop owner gets no money from you selling the masks, but you get a small profit. Is the shop owner a kind soul who wants to be charitable the long way around? It's honestly rather puzzling. I can't see anyone doing this in real life.

Second of all, what happens if you don't go back to the shop and pay the base price? Your conscience pricks you, but you've taken the money and run. Does the game have any penalty for this trickery or do people go on a lot of faith and believe everyone is as good as them in Hyrule?

Third of all, the fact that the Happy Mask Shop owner says, "Have faith..." in a very scary manner every time you see him implies that he has something to get from this, but I can't see him doing this and getting any kind of benefit. I'm not very far into Ocarina of Time, so can anyone give me a main-story-spoiler-free explanation to the guy's whole rigmarole?

I wanted to start a different kind of topic, yeah, and this is something I've wanted to discuss.

Here I would like to talk about how the Happy Mask Shop, or rather its owner, scares the hell out of me in Ocarina of Time.

You borrow a mask, sell it for a profit, go back to the shop and pay the base price for the mask. In other words, the Happy Mask Shop owner gets no money from you selling the masks, but you get a small profit. Is the shop owner a kind soul who wants to be charitable the long way around? It's honestly rather puzzling. I can't see anyone doing this in real life.

Second of all, what happens if you don't go back to the shop and pay the base price? Your conscience pricks you, but you've taken the money and run. Does the game have any penalty for this trickery or do people go on a lot of faith and believe everyone is as good as them in Hyrule?

Third of all, the fact that the Happy Mask Shop owner says, "Have faith..." in a very scary manner every time you see him implies that he has something to get from this, but I can't see him doing this and getting any kind of benefit. I'm not very far into Ocarina of Time, so can anyone give me a main-story-spoiler-free explanation to the guy's whole rigmarole?

I wanted to start a different kind of topic, yeah, and this is something I've wanted to discuss.

Well, this mask shop story isn't important on Ocarina of Time, but it's on Majora's Mask...
This sequel have a lot for explain about this shop :p

That guy was so scary... I regret playing Zelda games at a young age, lol!

Well, this mask shop story isn't important on Ocarina of Time, but it's on Majora's Mask...This sequel have a lot for explain about this shop

The mask shop has nothing to do with the sequel.

He's just a simple mask owner that supports a certain organisation, that's all. He is really creepy, if you ever sell all the masks, I'll show you something interesting that your subconscious may have noticed; I'd be really surprised if you noticed it upon your first read, I certainly didn't/wouldn't. ~

He's just a simple mask owner that supports a certain organisation, that's all.
So he's a hippy? :p
He is really creepy, if you ever sell all the masks, I'll show you something interesting that your subconscious may have noticed; I'd be really surprised if you noticed it upon your first read, I certainly didn't/wouldn't. ~
OK then, time to get selling those masks and uncover the terrible truth behind the Happy Mask Shop of Horrors :p

So he's a hippy?
OK then, time to get selling those masks and uncover the terrible truth behind the Happy Mask Shop of Horrors

Lol You're just gonna have to find out~! ;D
It's pretty interesting, maybe it's just a coincidence, ya never know though!
You'd better tell me when you sell all those darn masks too! >D

Reactions: 18
He was a lot better in majora's mask. Can't help but feel he have a bigger role if they made a 3rd N64 zelda game.

The mask shop has nothing to do with the sequel.

He's just a simple mask owner that supports a certain organisation, that's all. He is really creepy, if you ever sell all the masks, I'll show you something interesting that your subconscious may have noticed; I'd be really surprised if you noticed it upon your first read, I certainly didn't/wouldn't. ~

I thought it was... Man! I want now the "The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask" 3D remake :love:

Just a bit of advice don't make him mad by not completing your end of a deal. I can't say what I think of him because it is a spoiler.

Yea your right Happy Mask Salesman is really creepy in both of the games.In Ocarina of Time he randomly asks you to help people with his Masks.While in Majora's Mask he randomly asks you to get his mask that was stolen from him.Its like what the freak are you doing.But even though he is creepy he sure is interesting.(Also sorry for reviving this thread)

Wow I bought MM3D a few years ago and I couldn't pass it because if you run out of time you have to start all over again and I didn't really like it when I had $40 extra on Eshop I should of just passed and bought another game because I don't even play this game anymore I only played it like 5 times and afterwards I deleted and never re downloaded it. I remember my parents bought me the GameCube with the MM 64 bundle my brother used to play this game and I thought this game was really weird specially the masked man idk why I rebought it probably it was just temptation :banghead:.

Back