Finally Upgrading

• Thread starter Iso Kilo
  • Start date
Iso Kilo

Iso Kilo

Sonic 1 Hacker
Towns Folk
For about 6 months, I've had this crappy laptop. 2 GB of RAM, 18 GB of memory. Centrino Duo processor and Windows Vista. I've mostly wanted a computer for gaming. And the most I've been able to run is an N64 emulator at about 40 fps. But after I had (another) mental breakdown in school a teacher was discussing my situation. And now, I'm getting a nice tower, 64 bit, 1 terabyte of memory. i7 processor and Windows 7. Before I could barely run a FNaF game, and now I could easily run a Steam game. And I could run a Wii emulator at 56 fps. Nice.

Reactions: Marc and 28142
Definitely a nice upgrade. Personally I don't even game on laptops anymore. It is frustrating and seems like you need more. I can't wait until I get a nice tower again.

Really nice upgrade!

However, just so you know memory is considered RAM and Storage is considered your available hard drive and space. You'll get flack pretty hard by the PC Master race group trust me. RAM is memory and Storage is how much space you have.

I definitely know the feel of using a really cheap laptop, and considering you had one that was worse than the one I had used, I could only imagine your frustration. Typically once you use a much faster computer, it's so hard to even try slower computers :p I'm looking into upgrading my laptop soon, since some games aren't the best in performance (though tbh I'm perfectly grateful for what I have now).

Just make sure you take care of it well.

Back