SSB for 3DS 1.0.4 Update in the works !

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon

Lemon Dragon
Towns Folk
Nintendo has confirmed to be working on the 1.0.4 update for Super Smash Bros for 3DS.
Not many infos were given on that matter, aside from the habitual "improvements have been made to balance the game". On another hand, Kotaku has reported that if you update to 1.0.4, you will no longer be able to play locally with players running the 1.0.3 version or lower, and that previously saved replays might become unusable with the 1.0.4 update, due to the update balancing the game.

And, as you expect, it'll be required to play online.

I saw the Kotaku post too, and I have a feeling Little Mac is going to get a slight, almost unnoticeable nerf. Hopefully it'll fix the more pressing issues like online matchmaking and lag.

Reactions: 3dsatackman and D4rkDragon
I hope they change/fix the 136-year ban with this update, even if they haven't said anything. It seems absurd for it to have been an intentional addition to the game :panda:

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Well the 1.0.3 update gave robin a meteor for the second elwind when he uses his up B so there is a good chance that they'll buff someone or nerf them.

I hope that this update has amiibo ability (not likely ), also the 135 year ban im sure they are going to fix even if someone deserved a ban 136 years is a bit much.

I hope that this update has amiibo ability (not likely ), also the 135 year ban im sure they are going to fix even if someone deserved a ban 136 years is a bit much.

Well, this update won't bring Amiibo support, since the adapter for the 3DS to recognize Amiibos will be out in 2015.
As for the N3DS, I'm not sure either. Maybe it'll be done through a N3DS System Update (just like the WiiU)

In the notification, they said that "this patch will adjust the game balance by refining the strengths of some fighters. I hope that they will not lower the strengths of my mains because I will be disappointed. I mean come on, wont you be mad if your main suddenly becomes weaker or slower?

"This patch will adjust game balance by refining the strengths of some fighters. It also includes various other gameplay fixes... This patch is required for online play."

Honestly I think this is great but I just wonder what kind of things are going to be changed. Will it make Classic mode easier? Will it include DLC data? Perhaps Hacker can find out when it comes out. Also it says it will be released within the next month.

Probably will give the less powerful chars some buffs and perhaps a new thing for online play

Also, a little notice for this new update:
It will delete any replays from before this update, so I suggest getting your camera, or phone, or whatever, and recording whatever ones you want to keep/remember so they are not deleted 100%.

Back